What does 5'3" and 900 lbs look like???

Options
13»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    This post is just another example of all the rude, mean, hatefulness that is plaguing this website.

I think a lot of people on here need to go back to grade school and learn a few things; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, and worry about YOURSELF!

^ ^ ^ This.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I would look so good with red hair. Okay, now the rest of you, think about how good I would look as a redhead. Feel better. Good.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Agreed, this website was created to be supportive and helpful for those trying to live a healther life style. Everyone has different ways of finding motivation. I dont think anyone should read something like this and then be intimidated to post a question or request because they are going to be considered " a waste of time"
    [/quote]
    ^^^^ This
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    LOL .. haters gonna hate .. isn't that what the internet is all about? voicing whatever moronic thing you want as anonomosly as possible? :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Wow, rude much??????? I think everyone has a rite to post whatever question they like.

Vanity questions dealing with how or what someone looks like that go beyond their achievements should be left off a fitness site/forums. Seriously...all they do is seek attention. Additionally, everyone's body is different. There is nothing that is going to show them what they will look like that is accurate.

So what if it's not accurate? I think most people can distinguish accuracy from approximation.
  • Pamwillis1969
    Pamwillis1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lossto where your happy
  • hilarryus
    hilarryus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok sooo... I really used to enjoy this site becuse i see it as a positive way for people with similar struggles to help eachother, but it seems that people are getting more and more negative about everything. If something annoys you Ignore it! This is an outlet for people to get out their struggles and questions now matter how it is done. Stop complaining about one another and help instead.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

so cool! thanks for sharing!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    And starting this thread was any better?
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me. Everyone wants to 'see' what their ideal weight might be, or how they might look 50 lbs lighter. If it gives an obese person motivation to lose weight then that's a good thing.

Kinda addicted to awesome before and after pics myself! :)

My sentiments exactly
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    No, that question doesn't annoy me. I'd personally never ask it since my body shape and how I carry my weight is rare with most women here and in real life, so most people at my weight and height do not look like I do. But I do love looking at those threads and seeing how different everyone's body looks at the same weight/height. It's fun and light-hearted (and perhaps motivational for some), why be annoyed?

I tend not to click on repetitive threads that annoy me. If even one person gains something from it, who am I to tell the OPs to stop posting about it?
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    dp
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow, rude much??????? I think everyone has a rite to post whatever question they like.

Vanity questions dealing with how or what someone looks like that go beyond their achievements should be left off a fitness site/forums. Seriously...all they do is seek attention. Additionally, everyone's body is different. There is nothing that is going to show them what they will look like that is accurate.

I doubt "accurate" is what people expect when they ask . . . probably something more like "encouragement"
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Although I do understand where you're coming from, seeing someone else your height doesnt mean you will look like that. BUT I am 6'1 and don't know very many women in real life that are my height. So I am of course curious as to what my height range looks like at particular weight/sizes.
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't think people really ask for pictures like that so they can think "Hey! This is how I will look." Everyone knows we can't look the same way as someone else. We are all built differently. But seeing other people around our height/age/sex, and seeing their Before and After pictures, is more for encouragement than anything.

I've tried to "diet" and "exercise" lots of times before.. and usually my dieting lasts a couple days, if that. and my Exercising lasts maybe a month.

Until now. I've been exercising for over a month and a half, and dieting for over 2 weeks, which is WAY better than I've ever done before. And it was all because I honestly started looking at before and after pictures. Seeing real girls around my height, and seeing them lose the amount of weight I'm looking to lose, really encourages me. I look at other peoples before and after pictures every day because seeing other people's success, reminds me that if I keep going, I will succeed to.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    LOL. I love it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are reading something in these posts that aren't there? I have never seen one person post a topic like this and then say "Good this is what I will look like" but instead I've seen people say things like "This gives me an idea, since your body type looks similar to mine." I enjoy seeing people post their photo's and I usually comment more on people who seem to carry their weight like I do, and seem to be shaped more like me. It doesn't mean "Hey, this is what I'm gonna look like." Because I know deep down that I'm me and I'm not going to look like anyone but me and we are all different and will all look like we look when we're done. I might not ever have a flat tummy, but I've seen people with the same body type as I who do, I understand that. I don't think anyone has ever really said that on here that they will indeed look like me or anyone else, I think people want to get a general idea of what they MIGHT can achieve, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. It helps push me, especially to see someone with similar body type.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Fish
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!