if you are say, a boy under the age of 30 ...

Options

Replies

• elguapo911
    Options
    (and dont get all riled up with the term "boy" - that simply means a cute male to me)

anywho ...

so you are a boy under the age of 30 and a girl, say, oh, 39~ish (hint, hint - someone like me) walks up to you and asks you the question:
    "have you seen the movie the graduate?"

Would you infer anything from that?

Perhaps you should try a less subtle, more modern, direct approach.... Just sayin
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am 43 therefore born after the The Graduate was released however the reference is more appropriate than Amercian pie but that might be because I am special.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    ...at least he didn't say "Have you seen 'Harold and Maude'?"

omg - that's a great movie.
  • _snw_
    Options
    I would infer that you wanted me throw up.

me hitting on you would make you throw up?

ouch.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like A LOT of boys should be getting onto their Netflix accounts and getting The Graduate loaded up into their que! Cuz I'm sorry Stiffler's mom may have coined milf, but The Graduate is what brought it to light but in a classier way.

Oh and yes, I am a few years older than the OP, so I get both, and have seen both. The Graduate sets the bar. Anything else is second best.

Plastic's m'boy, plastics are the future.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ...at least he didn't say "Have you seen 'Harold and Maude'?"

omg - that's a great movie.

Awesome movie!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Well, I mean. I'm gay. So. You know.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and aware of what The Graduate AND harold and Maude are about. If he doesn't know, not worth your time!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    (and dont get all riled up with the term "boy" - that simply means a cute male to me)

anywho ...

so you are a boy under the age of 30 and a girl, say, oh, 39~ish (hint, hint - someone like me) walks up to you and asks you the question:
    "have you seen the movie the graduate?"

Would you infer anything from that?

I would think that it was my lucky day.

If anybody is looking for me I'll be over in the "ancient men section" with the other late 30's guys. pouty.gif
  • _snw_
    Options

so it still does apply. but the "ouch" has been removed.
  • abazooday727
    Options

Just because you are gay doesn't mean you shouldn't be flattered!!!
  • JonathonMars
    Options
    I'm sorry. I'm obviously gay to anyone with any kind of natural senses. I find it very rude and offensive when women try to flirt with me.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    whiff
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I'm obviously gay to anyone with any kind of natural senses. I find it very rude and offensive when women try to flirt with me.

I can't tell if you're serious. You're really offended by someone finding you attractive?
  • JonathonMars
    Options
    I don't mind if someone finds me attractive. I just don't want to know about it.
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The next one will be...'Are you familiar with Mrs Robinson from Fifty Shades of Grey...'
    :blushing:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if someone finds me attractive. I just don't want to know about it.
    Why not? I like having my suspicions confirmed when a girl or a guy find me attractive.
    -wtk
  • abazooday727
    Options
    I would get a kick out of it if anyone (same sex or otherwise) would hit on me! It is a complement... :smokin:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You wouldn't be flattered and find it good for your ego?

And BTW if you are that obviously gay, then she probably wouldn't be hitting on you. The great thing about hypotheticals is that you are supposed to put yourself in the situation of the scenario. In which case, you should have imagined yourself as straight or imagined yourself being hit on by a FIERCELY attractive older man.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would get a kick out of it if anyone (same sex or otherwise) would hit on me! It is a complement... :smokin:

Exactly! I'm not single, but I still like to know someone finds me attractive. And I'm straight, but wouldn't be offended if a lesbian tried to pick me up.

I'd gently say no thank you, but it's nice to be wanted, anyway.