Would you consider this a binge?

Options
13»

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    i binged on 20 000 calories at a time when I was at my worst. I definitely wouldn't call that a binge...

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Dear goodness me, 20,000? I don't think I could eat that in BACON in one sitting.
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    i binged on 20 000 calories at a time when I was at my worst. I definitely wouldn't call that a binge...

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Dear goodness me, 20,000? I don't think I could eat that in BACON in one sitting.

It took years of binge eating to stretch my stomach to accommodate 20 000 calories in a two/three hour sitting. i was in physical pain but couldn't stop eating and I eventually got hospitalized because doctors thought I had ruptured my stomach...
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    no... not imo.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    No. A true binge is compulsive, uncontrollable eating, usually eating over a thousand calories if not more in one sitting.
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    tequillalover89- please don't stress too much! you are so thin already and 500 calories will do nothing drastic to your body. it will pass. please be wary of disordered thoughts around food...that road is so dangerous. Much love :flowerforyou:
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Nope large snack! lol
  • amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's because you had just worked out and you were hungry and probably didn't expect to be and nothing could fill you up. That's pretty natural after a workout. Next time, just plan to eat a small meal after your workout to fill up up in a healthier, more controlled way. That's all.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Sort of.

The lack of control sounds like a binge.

The amount of food, doesn't look like a binge. It looks like a meal.
  • mannasat81
    Options
    I don't want to sound rude, but if you are 5'6 and 110 pounds, why are you trying to lose weight? I can understand maintaining, but a healthy weight for someone who is 5'6 is between 120lbs and 160 lbs.

It's great you are staying in shape and working out and eating healthy. You do continue to burn calories at a higher rate after a workout too so that may play in your hunger factor. I don't think what you did was a binge at all. I can eat A LOT in one sitting, but I am really trying. Only been here about a week so I am doing what I can.

Anyhow, you look great and I hope my 5'6 behind can get to 160!
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There is no way that that's a binge. I mean, it's down to opinion, but personally, I know that when I've binged in the past, it's when I literally can't remember at least half of the things I ate, clearing out the cupboard and fridge, eating for the sake of eating, going through an entire day's worth/several days worth of food in one sitting..

Don't worry about what you've eaten. The best thing to do is to forgive yourself (if you are feeling guilty), and move on. :)
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Maybe. I think it's a binge when it's it has that out of control feel to it - and when you continue eating beyond the point of being full. The number of calories is not the most relevant thing since what's a snack to one person is a ton of food to another. Did you let yourself get into an overly hungry state? Maybe you need to have a satisfying snack before a tough workout and have another one planned out for after so that you never get desperate.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I would not consider this a binge. Binge eating is classified when there are frequent episodes of eating an abnormally large amount of food. I think what you did was just overeat. That happens to everyone. Here are characteristics that set binge eating aside from just plain overeating:

-Frequent episodes of eating what others would consider an abnormally large amount of food
    -Frequent feelings of being unable to control what or how much is being eaten
    -Eating much more rapidly than usual
    -Eating until uncomfortably full
    -Eating large amounts of food, even when not physically hungry
    -Eating alone out of embarrassment at the quantity of food being eaten
    -Feelings of disgust, depression, or guilt after overeating
    -Fluctuations in weight
    -Feelings of low self-esteem
    -Loss of sexual desire
    -Frequent dieting

Everyone overeats every once in a while, and that is perfectly normal. Maybe your body was just craving extra nutrition after your workout. Binge eating however, is triggered by emotions such as depression, boredom, or anxiety.

Don't beat yourself up :)

This! What you ate is probably 5% of the amount of food I'd consume in a typical binge. You'll be fine :smile:
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not at all, cause you also did it at the perfect time. That's actually very ideal IMO
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    You needed to eat--more importantly refuel. So no:) Things happen, sometimes we over snack but this isn't a binge.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    160 calorie high protein shake
    Two 100 calorie pack of pringles
    120 calorie kashi dark chocolate coconut granola bar
    and a large carrot stick, about 30 calories

This is all after a workout with a personal trainer.. I just went into some kind of mode where I couldn't tell my body to stop eating because it was full, now my tummy hurts :/ idk if it matters but 110 lb 5'6 female

you're starving, that's why you can't stop

agreed--110 pounds and 5'6 and the fact you asked this question (OP)...I think you probably have bigger problems.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. You are underweight, and wondering why your body was crying out for food after a hard workout?
    Your body will rebel if you are under a natural weight, as a means of trying to preserve itself.
    You needed food, and 500 calories is not what I, personally, would consider a binge, and nor would I consider what you did out of control. It speaks volumes that you were that uncomfortably full after that amount of food, to be honest.
    Maybe you should be asking yourself if you have or are developing a very unhealthy relationship with food and weight.