Stupid people with GED'S

Options
13»

Replies

• saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i think youre taking it way too personally. the comment wasnt directed towards you.

This person is right too LOL
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy I got my GED.

Why? Because that way I can prove to retards like that person that it doesn't matter where you come from but how you finish.

I will say though... the only thing I regret was not getting a graduation celebration from High school.

I am making up for it by going to my Associates degree graduation ceremony where I also got honors.

And... this high school drop out "dumb @$$" for some reason got employed by the University and is finishing up a Bachelors and will get a Masters/CPA. And I don't have some crap job either, it's in my field and very nice! :tongue:

Guess I'm not a dumb *kitten* after all. Love how this can be shoved in people's faces that make such stupid assumptions based on people and their decisions.

The only people I give pity on are those who gave up. Because you have NO reason to no matter how "hard" you think you've got it. You can always improve your situation.
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    You could confront her about it but if she's that kind of person she:

A) Really thinks GED people are stupid, may apologize but still thinks you're stupid. You tell her your offended & she says something like "oh my sorry, didn't realize I hurt you" but she's still gonna be thinking "stupid"

B)What she already did ...which was pretend she didn't mean what she said & tried covering it with "it was only applicable to beyonce but not to you"

other then that I just want to point out that a high school diploma is the equivalence of a GED! Only people with proper college educations can pretend they're better than me :glasses:

She actually posted that she was talking about Beyonce personally and was in no way saying anything negative about people with GED's. She doesn't know Beyonce personally so what the heck is she talking about, lol.

I'm going to talk to my mom about this when she gets home because I am really wanting to remove her from my friend list. Not just because of this one incident but because of the overall negativity. My mom has also known her since we were little and has taken notice of her negativity as well so she can give me some good advice. Thank you all for your comments and support.
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I am completely confused as to why you would be posting this here....this is myFITNESSpal, I wish people would take crap like this elsewhere!!

And i'm confused as to why you're here!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I am completely confused as to why you would be posting this here....this is myFITNESSpal, I wish people would take crap like this elsewhere!!

Derp derp.
    Must raise post count.
    Derp derp.
  • busyblkgirl
    Options
    i think youre taking it way too personally. the comment wasnt directed towards you.

I disagree. If you're saying something like this, there's no way not too exclude all people fitting into this category. If she meant it about Beyonce (whom I can't stand by the warm but that's neither here nor there), then she meant it about her as well.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My friend is a very negative person and the only reason I remain in contact with her at all is because I have known her for a very long time but I am so upset about the comment that I want to delete her from my friends. Am I overreacting?

If that's really the only reason you're keeping her around, then delete her. Who cares how long you've known her? People move on. Sounds like she makes you more upset than anything else and you don't need someone so negative in your life. Plus, it's just facebook...if you guys wanna chat it up, there's always the phone.
  • busyblkgirl
    Options
    warm = way
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I recently had a friend who said some very ugly things, and even though i've always known she was a negative person, it wasn't until that moment that I realized how cancerous her negativity was. I did delete her immediately, but not just from Facebook, but out of my life completely. Am I sad or sorry for it, no! I'm one of those who truly believe that saying that people come into your life for a reason, season, or lifetime. It's up to you to figure out your friends purpose in your life. And also, don't fret over how long you've known her, honestly, there are no rules that say you have to keep her in your life.

p.s. the main reason you came on mfp was to better yourself. Part of bettering yourself overall is removing as much negativity as possible.

This above :). Very well put!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    And also don't feel to bad for her cause she has so much money should could buy their homes and use it for her closet lol

Being financially secure is not the same as feeling secure in ones own ability and intelligence. They should not be defined by their financial status, just as we should not be defined by our weight or physical attributes. I didn't realize she never got her high school diploma, but I'm glad that she's choosing to earn it now. Having a child can certainly change ones priorities.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    To OP: Your friend is a poot who stuck her foot in her mouth. I say, "WAY TO GO" for getting a GED.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My BFF left high school a year early to start college. The college didn't require a GED, so she didn't get one. She transferred to a larger university the next year, which accepted her transfer without question due to her good academic standing. She graduated on time with a bachelor's degree in mathematics.

Fast-forward about 25 years. BFF decides to change careers to computer technology, and enrolls for a two-year course at Virginia College. Even though she had a degree from an accredited four-year college, they REFUSED to accept her without a high-school diploma or equivalent. So she walked in, took the GED test, and "graduated" with highest honors
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That is rude for someone to post that and people who have GED's are not stupid! Everyone has different situations and for me, I got a GED also because of things going on. That's awful for someone to be like that.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So a friend of mine on facebook who I have know for almost my entire life posted this today,
    "So I hear that dumb *kitten* Beyonce' is getting GED. LMAO." I kept in her bad English on purpose.

A few people commented with comments like dumb ***** and stupid ho and I posted " I have a GED."

She then posted "Not sayin it like that and Im not discouraging anyone that has one Im just sayin for her to need one is crazy and not surprising because of all the dumb things she says."

Then I said "I would never put anyone down for wanting to improve themselves in some way. If she wants to get a GED than more power to her and it's good to see that even a rich successful person still sees the value of getting an education."

I really took offense to the comment because most people who have GED's are not unintelligent they just had issues in their lives that kept them from finishing high school in a traditional way. I personally had many family issues and was homeless two separate times. My friend is a very negative person and the only reason I remain in contact with her at all is because I have known her for a very long time but I am so upset about the comment that I want to delete her from my friends. Am I overreacting?

Also this has nothing to do with the fact that the comments were made about Beyonce it's the fact that I feel like she's insulting people like me who have a GED.

So if Beyonce really is a "dumb *kitten*" the fact that she is getting her GED means she is improving her education. Therefore she is becoming less of a dumb *kitten*. She is rich and famous. She is successful and can clearly get by and provide for herself with out and education. Yet she still values her education? Good for her. This to me shows she is not a "stupid ho" but a smart "ho" (For the record I don't think she is a ho.)

My brother never graduated and got his GED. He was a smart kid, but made some bad decisions during HS. So, from my understanding the GED is a high school equivalency test and that passing the test is is equivalent to finishing HS with a C average. I would then suggest that you would have to be somewhat intelligent to pass the GED. My point is people who have a GED aren't stupid. I'm sorry your friend doesn't agree.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No one should bash another for trying to better themselves. Whether it's a 35 year old learning to read for the first time or an obese 70 year old trying to lose weight, bettering oneself in anyway should always be encouraged.

You nailed right on the head with this comment :-)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

Aww bless your heart

to the OP I think your feelings are valid. my aunt makes 6 figures (high 6 figures) and she has a GED and NO COLLEGE. You keep being awesome.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Umm...rude much?:noway: