Sooo over walmart....

Options

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I must just have a good walmart, the staff is always friendly and I never wait more then a couple minutes in line. I don't mind it there at all
    Same here. I've been to crappy Walmarts, but the two close to home are awesome.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've worked at Walmart for 26 years. (Don't hate) I have wonderful customers who appreciate me and my fellow associates and we in turn appreciate them. I guess it just depends on location. I love my Walmart = D
  • Raven_Blackblade
    Options
    Guess I am lucky or something. Because of my hours at work I never get home before 2230 (1030pm), and when I get to walmart for vitamins, or what ever no one is in the store, and there is a little bell at the register for when I am ready. Depending on how long I take I am generally in and our in 20 mins. The staff is always incredibly polite, and the service is top notch!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Guess I am lucky or something. Because of my hours at work I never get home before 2230 (1030pm), and when I get to walmart for vitamins, or what ever no one is in the store, and there is a little bell at the register for when I am ready. Depending on how long I take I am generally in and our in 20 mins. The staff is always incredibly polite, and the service is top notch!

a bell at the register?!?

That thing would go off constantly around here.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    But...the King shops @ Wal-Mart...you could miss a siting...

people-of-walmart1.jpg
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Meh incredibly cheap and the price match so I dont mind the wait.

The thing that I care about is how they treat workers. My 70 year old grandmom had a heart attack while working at her register and wasnt going to leave. They had to get an ambulance for her. She had to have open heart surgery, found out she had cancer, and had to take a leave from work. She went to go back to work and they had her reapply. Come to find out they had let her go, set her back at minimum wage when she was making $11 an hour. She is trying to raise 2 boys. Walmart kinda fvcked her over :C
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Walmart and at least around here they are going downhill fast! Terrible customer service for sub-par products (food at least). I am almost completely done buying food from them at least!!

I use to work for a few walmarts a few years ago to.

Idk about going downhill but I have heard that walmart is tryin to find a way to fire all FULL time employees and hire a bunch of PART time employees so that they no longer have to pay for medical benefits...

They've been doing that since I quit working for Walmart 5 years ago. I despise everything about that place. Yet, I'm in there at least 2-3 times a month.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha we went the other day, my bf almost kicked my *kitten* for taking him there! LOL
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well I usually shop at walmart, but our walmart is just right down the road it's never busy (although they do only have 5-6 register's open I just live in a small town next to a huge town with 3 or 4 walmarts lol.)

I also shop at the commissary if I have exactly what I am cooking planned out, sometimes I really get some deals.

But Walmart is my go-to, guess I am in a minority here.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I live overseas right now. I MISS Walmart!
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Meh incredibly cheap and the price match so I dont mind the wait.

The thing that I care about is how they treat workers. My 70 year old grandmom had a heart attack while working at her register and wasnt going to leave. They had to get an ambulance for her. She had to have open heart surgery, found out she had cancer, and had to take a leave from work. She went to go back to work and they had her reapply. Come to find out they had let her go, set her back at minimum wage when she was making $11 an hour. She is trying to raise 2 boys. Walmart kinda fvcked her over :C

wwwoooowwwww.

Yea it seems as well that the longer you work there the more they wanna get rid of you.

& the ppl they are giving the CM positions too have a worst attitude then the cashiers.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha we went the other day, my bf almost kicked my *kitten* for taking him there! LOL
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I probably shop at Walmart once or twice a year usually because I have forgotten a must have item from somewhere else. I don't see the point of shopping there when all I do is complain about the crappy merchandise and service.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I probably shop at Walmart once or twice a year usually because I have forgotten a must have item from somewhere else. I don't see the point of shopping there when all I do is complain about the crappy merchandise and service.

Very true.

I wont be going back.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I used to grocery shop at the walmart neighborhood markets (a grocery only wal mart) and those were never too bad. They just opened up a smaller walmart close to me so I shop there now and it's not that bad either. However, the supercenters are terrible! I never go to them. I prefer Target anyways, but walmart has the cheapest groceries so that's why I shop there.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I despise wal-mart. Every time I walk into that place, I feel like I die a little inside. Everyone (employees AND customers) are so morose. No one is happy to be there.

I avoid going there if at all possible. I wish Target stayed open later.

As if they're better. Never when I have gone in a Target have more than 2 lanes been open at a time. When it's been busy a temporary register opens, takes two customers, and shuts down. Plus the quality isn't better, the prices are just bigger and they manage to keep the store just a little more cleaner.

They're conveniences, not luxury spas. Of course they're going to have pain in the *kitten* habits and employees.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I used to grocery shop at the walmart neighborhood markets (a grocery only wal mart) and those were never too bad. They just opened up a smaller walmart close to me so I shop there now and it's not that bad either. However, the supercenters are terrible! I never go to them. I prefer Target anyways, but walmart has the cheapest groceries so that's why I shop there.

Groceries only!?!

Maaannn im learnin something new every day. Lol.

The majority of California has turned into SUPER walmarts.

I dont see very many regular (retail) walmarts anymore....
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I love Walmart. Everything in one place, they are ALWAYS open, and have good prices.:love:

If you don't like it, shop somewhere else, instead of being a COMPLAINER! :grumble:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I would rather jam bamboo under my nails than go to the Walmart in my town. But there is one about 17 miles up the road that is ok.

We also have Meijer here, which I prefer, and the Target is expanding to include quite a few food items.