Sooo over walmart....

Options

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I love Walmart. Everything in one place, they are ALWAYS open, and have good prices.:love:

If you don't like it, shop somewhere else, instead of being a COMPLAINER! :grumble:

Not complaining...

STATING FACTS....

Big difference. :laugh:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I *HATE* walmart!

I try to avoid it as much as possible, last time I was there, they had 5 lanes open, went to the 'express lane' (which says '20 items or less'-WTF??!?!?! 20?) I only had ONE item, and then someone from a different open lane comes over and asks the people BEHIND me to get checked out-aaarrrggghhhh!

It took me 35 minutes to buy ONE thing! .:explode:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen the 8am walmart cheer WOW

I'm glad Target is coming to Canada
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I work at Walmart ;) They simply don't hire or schedule enough cashiers.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I refer to our Walmart as home of the mentally challeged and disabled, and by that I do not mean the Greeters (who sometimes are, infact they are some of Walmarts best employees) Everyone else there is awefully slow, sometimes rude, and the whole checkout system sucks!

My favorite thing to do is bring my own bags, then put them on the converer last or on top of everything. Then if they don't notice or take them and put them behind the register. I wait till they bag over half my stuff to say something and make them rebag all my stuff. They hate that! But hey, if you where watching and doing your job in the first place and wouldn't have treated me like cattle, I would have no need to point it out.:drinker:
    that's so rude. I'm a cashier and I hate people that do stuff like that. If you want your items bagged in a way that's different than everyone else's then it's your job to let me know. I'm so glad that I found a new job and no longer have to deal with people like that...and I'm super friendly when I work.

Also, you might want to think about how your first statement comes off...it's pretty offensive to anyone who is mentally challenged or disabled...
  • Raven_Blackblade
    Options
    Generally when I go in, I am one of maybe 3-5 customers in the store. I have stopped shopping during the day if I can help it.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Have you ever seen the 8am walmart cheer WOW

I'm glad Target is coming to Canada

8am walmart cheer??

Def not.

I dont think anybody here is actually "cheery" enough to do that. lol.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I very briefly lived in D'iberville, Mississippi and it really was the only thing to do at night, go walk around the neighborhood Wal-Mart.

Because all the Winn-Dixies and Piggly-Wigglys close at 10.... :indifferent:

huh my daughter works at that walmart
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Some of our Walmarts here in Wichita are ok, some I would rather walk on glass than go to. And I have to admit I usually go to Walmart at least 2X a week, because it is close to home and cheaper than Dillons/Kroger. That being said I do prefer going to the Walmart Marketplace if I have a choice! I know I am a walmart ho!
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    I must just have a good walmart, the staff is always friendly and I never wait more then a couple minutes in line. I don't mind it there at all

There is NO SUCH THING as a GOOD WALMART!!!! ;) You just have to realize what and who they are (the company that is).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I work at Walmart ;) They simply don't hire or schedule enough cashiers.
    Although it might not be as many as some folks would prefer, I'm sure that a company of that size would have a handle on the proper cashier-to-customer ratio during different times of the day, while controlling costs/prices.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    I do hate the way they treat their employees, but those employees are helpful anyway. I will say this for Walmart, at least they stock lots of clothes for larger sizes. I can get jeans and tops that fit comfortably, as well as nightclothes and underwear. And the prices are great. I also buy things for the house, but I don't buy much food there, because at my local store, most of it is processed stuff, not much fresh. So I shop for food elsewhere. And I have seen 'the people of Wal-mart' online, but I never see weirdos like that around here.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I used to grocery shop at the walmart neighborhood markets (a grocery only wal mart) and those were never too bad. They just opened up a smaller walmart close to me so I shop there now and it's not that bad either. However, the supercenters are terrible! I never go to them. I prefer Target anyways, but walmart has the cheapest groceries so that's why I shop there.

Groceries only!?!

Maaannn im learnin something new every day. Lol.

The majority of California has turned into SUPER walmarts.

I dont see very many regular (retail) walmarts anymore....
    I never saw them either until I moved and now I know of a few! the new one that opened up by me is a new type of walmart (I over heard some of the workers talking about it). It's small but it has a grocery section as well as all the normal stuff and it's never as crowded. The supercenters are awful though! I'd rather pay more than shop at them!
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I like it when they have the stuff I need for cheap, but ur right they do need to open up more lanes, I usually go early in the morning and everyone there seems in pretty good spirits, probably had their coffee and doughnuts (sugar and caffeine) always makes people feel pretty good. Try going in the morning--less people and they havent had time to have a bad day;[
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I like it when they have the stuff I need for cheap, but ur right they do need to open up more lanes, I usually go early in the morning and everyone there seems in pretty good spirits, probably had their coffee and doughnuts (sugar and caffeine) always makes people feel pretty good. Try going in the morning--less people and they havent had time to have a bad day;[

Unfortunetly I work mon-fri 8-5. The only time I have to go is after work wen everybody else has to go or on the weekends when again everybody else has to go....

I guess that does kinda factor in the slowness....
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have a problem every single time I go into a Walmart. And the company I work for, I have to go into a Walmart almost every day. Ugh. I left a Walmart 2 weeks ago, and literally felt like I was going to puke. I was dry heaving in my car.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I have a problem every single time I go into a Walmart. And the company I work for, I have to go into a Walmart almost every day. Ugh. I left a Walmart 2 weeks ago, and literally felt like I was going to puke. I was dry heaving in my car.

Yikes....
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Pray tell... why?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Walmart and at least around here they are going downhill fast! Terrible customer service for sub-par products (food at least). I am almost completely done buying food from them at least!!

I use to work for a few walmarts a few years ago to.

Idk about going downhill but I have heard that walmart is tryin to find a way to fire all FULL time employees and hire a bunch of PART time employees so that they no longer have to pay for medical benefits...

there are a few places that do that. I know a few people who work at walmart and were hired part time. Which is 32 hours a week. They get scheduled above 32 but still can't get benefits because their employee file says part time.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Nobody's forced to work at Walmart. It's great for folks that are working their way toward something better.