Lost the baby.. Now losing the weight.

Options
124»

Replies

• 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a SAHM of two boys 5 and 15mo. I also have an angel baby which I had calcification (otherwise known as a stone baby) I know your pain and I commend you for working through it! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me.
  • miss_sparrow
    Options
    *Hugs* to all the angel moms! Feel free to add me.

And Angel Dads? Its not any easier on us... Just sayin...

Honestly, I don't know how the hell you guys manage. I don't know about you, and I know some men don't react so well, but my husband has been my saving grace through everything. He's been just as heartbroken and yet while I was laid up in the hospital for days in labor, and then healing afterwards, and really not keeping it together well at all, he stayed strong, called all the funeral homes, and dealt with all the things I couldn't even begin to approach. He has pushed me to get out of bed, get out and do things, and focus on life instead of hiding away in bed, and I don't think I'd be getting through this without him by my side.

And yet everyone who sees him asks "How is she..?" He lost a baby too :(
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring reason to get back in shape. Thanks for sharing your story. Our boys are about the same age, as mine will turn 2 on June 9th. We just found out about 6 months ago that we may not be able to have another baby. My husband got diagnosed with a blood infection and he'll need some serious treatment and there will be no more babies until 6 months after treatment. Then is still up in the air as to whether his little swimmers will be safe for baby-making or not. So, I'm grieving a "baby" in another way, so I'd love to lend you some support.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    You are so strong and inspiring lady, so sorry for your families loss. Good luck with your journey, there are clearly a lot of supportive people here who can relate to what you've been through. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way x
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and am here to offer my support. I have an angel as well and also had weight to lose following that pregnancy. Please know that you are not alone.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new around here, and just starting out in getting back into good shape.

My name is Caressa, I'm 21, and from the pacific northwest. I'm 5'8 and 197 lbs, and I want to get down to about 155,160 or so. I'm a married stay at home Mom to a fantastic little boy that will be 2 on May 5th, and an angel baby.

2 weeks ago, I was 23 weeks pregnant. I was carrying a little boy named Ryder Anthony, and Ryder had a rare chromosomal abnormality called Ring 13, along with a congenital heart defect. Had he lived, he would have required open heart surgery but instead, he earned his angel wings on 4-14-12.

I'm only 1 week, 3 days post partum so my body is still recovering, however it was a perfect, no complications delivery so I'll be clear to start working out this weekend. I want to get my body in tip top shape ASAP.. I was sedentary for most of the pregnancy so I've gained more than I'd like to have, and I can't stand looking like I've recently had a baby and yet have no baby to show for it. So I think part of the healing process for me is to grieve through exercise, if that makes any sense. Plus, in about 6-8 months or so, my husband and I would like to try again to have a healthy baby. I want to be in the best possible health at that point.

Anyways, I'm sure I'll need a ton of support along the way. I'll probably be around these forums often, so I look forward to getting to know you guys along the way :)

An so sorry to hear of your loss!! Your angel baby Ryder will be looking down on you and keep you going! Welcome to MFP, there are so many great people on here xxx
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweetie,

I have lost a baby too. I know it is so hard to deal with. I am also on my way to losing my baby weight and I am also in the Pacific Northwest. I have like 1 friend on here so I am always looking for more friends to chat with and keep myself and them motivated. Feel free to add me.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I also feel for you.. I had a 7 week old born son who passed 2 years ago. I found going back to my very fast paced job and going to the gym helped ease my grieving. 3 Months after I was pregnant with my baby girl who has been a godsend for us along with our older child. Nothing worked better for me than sweating it out! goodluck on your journey.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry hon. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I understand and feel your pain. My son was stillborn at 28 weeks, 8 years ago. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think of him.
    I wish you luck in your journey and feel free to add me. :) I'm always here if you ever need to talk or vent.

*Huggers*
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Honestly, I don't know how the hell you guys manage. I don't know about you, and I know some men don't react so well, but my husband has been my saving grace through everything. He's been just as heartbroken and yet while I was laid up in the hospital for days in labor, and then healing afterwards, and really not keeping it together well at all, he stayed strong, called all the funeral homes, and dealt with all the things I couldn't even begin to approach. He has pushed me to get out of bed, get out and do things, and focus on life instead of hiding away in bed, and I don't think I'd be getting through this without him by my side.

You sound like a remarkabe young woman. And your husband sounds like quite a man as well. I wish you much success on mfp and hope you continue to heal as you move forward.
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    Sorry about Ryder. It is soo hard to lose a baby, I lost my baby in January, and its taken me this long to realize that I need to get healthy for my 4 year old and for future children. This site is wonderful, everyone is soo supportive and the site is easy to use. So welcome and enjoy all these new friends!
  • jmatney79
    jmatney79 Posts: 80
    Options
    I have never lost a baby, so I can't imagine what you are going through. I do have 2 angel baby brothers in heaven, I'll be with then one day!
    The community is great! You will get all the support that you need here!
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Welcome, this is a wonderful site.
    Hey girl hey! :)
    I'm 21
    5'6.2 and currently weigh 189..
    working my way down to 130ish.
    So we are kind of in the same weight group.

I'm always on and have an open diary.
    It's not perfect but it's not bad.

I'm open for fitness buddies and motivation..both ways. :)
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Yeah. He did. Its so sad because people don't know how to react. My son Evan was about 6 weeks old in the NICU and then took a turn for the worst. I got the call and had to call her at work. Worst day of both our lives. She wanted him to go in daddy's arms because she knew how much he meant to me. The funeral was packed with people i never thought would show up and yet so empty of all the people I thought would be there. It sucks for everyone. Life has been crazy since. Its been 3 years. We split up 2 years ago and now are in a crazy custody situation over my 5 year old daughter. Life.....
  • gsordahl
    gsordahl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know how you're feeling exactly but I am 21 & my pregnancy ended in September, I wasn't far along but have also turned to working out to help cope & to be in the best shape for me & my husband to try to concieve again.. You can add me & others can as well! I'm on daily!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Just sent a friend request.

I found out 2 weeks ago that id lost the baby. i should have been 12 weeks and needed surgery. im trying to get my fitness levels back and lose this weight and to start healing again. Its a slow process as i' m still healing, both emotionally and physically. would love some like minded friends who can relate. :)
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss !! This is an excellent group of people that will support you through your journey. Hang in there. You can do this. Please feel free to add me. I am on everyday !!:smile:
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You are a very strong and fantastic person. My son and daughter in law lost their first child in Jan, just found out they are due again. Praying with fingers crossed. Add me if you like I would welcome the chance to motivate you. Keep up the great attitude and stay positive.
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: I've had two 1 st trimester losses, one of which led to a decent weight gain for me. I think your plan is good. When you're recovered physically, taking good care of yourself will probably help a lot. Hugs

Sending you a friend request...

Oh and I am also in the pacific northwest :smile: