Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Bluebonnet.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition or Myofusion are both great!
    this. i tried many brands...
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition. 120 calories per 24g of protein. Tastes good. Shakeology and Body by Vi are overpriced and just...bad.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life Raw Protein is organic, raw, and vegan. Looks like it is not soy-based either.

^^^^This^^^ is my favorite--- the vanilla is best. It's great with vanilla almond milk. It is a great alternative to soy and animal protein powders. It is not as smooth as some of the others I've tried, but I get great results!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    http://naturalfactors.com/caen/products/detail/2772/whey-factors I stick to these guys, I've tried their double chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry varieties - all good stuff. I've mixed it in raw milk, coffee, smoothies, whatever - and when I'm wanting a protein fix but not a lot of calories it's not horrible in just plain water.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If it must be plant based, Trader Joe's (if you are near any) has a Hemp protein powder.
  • ScuffedBoots1
    Options
    I drink Zeal. It comes in chocolate or vanilla, but being a chick I of course drink the chocolate. I mix mine with milk and it is DELICIOUS!!
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress and Dymatize!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I just got Muscle Milk Light Cake Batter... it tastes wonderful.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb Whey Protein, it taste delicious!!! After working out, I can not wait to get home to drink it (I mix it with Unsweetened Almond Milk), I think of it as a treat :happy: LOL. I prefer the Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry flavor. It has 110 calories, 1g Carb, 0g Sugar & 25g of Protein.

I agree, if you have the money Jay Robb protein (whey isolate) is good, the chocolate flavor is on par with Optimum Nutrition's. On the flip side it is expensive and is equivalent in price to many higher quality hydrolized whey proteins on the market.
  • Shnooksy
    Options
    Did you decide on one? I researched them tons and then went for Pink Sun no flavour - this was because it has no artificial anything in it, is from grass fed cows (no hormones etc etc) it mixes easily - slight froth but not a problem - tastes like watery milk if you add water - I hate milk and I can drink it with no problem.....is on amazon...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    For everyone that keeps responding. She is looking for a vegetable based powder. Whey isolate may be one of the best sources but it is not what she is looking for.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Hey, the Vega line is phenomonal. I like the Vega Sport version. You an get it online or at The Vitamin Shoppe, my fav store. :-) Hope this helps.