What do you do for a living?

Options
ChasingHaven
ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
And does it hinder or help with your weight loss?

Replies

• Silphy
    Silphy Posts: 1
    Options
    I work at an ice skating rink, it definitely helps keep me fit, especially when I'm not going to the gym all the time =).
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Actually it helps me. I'm a stay at home mom. My son is in school all day and my daughter is gone for 2-1/2 hours, so I take advantage of that time to workout.
    I start back at school in 2 weeks, hopefully it won't mess it up.
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I work as the 3rd shift maintenance man here at the hospital. I have basically nothing to do except to be around just in case the build blows up. All plumbing and electrial projects are done during the day except emergent stuff that I deal with. As far as wieght control/loss. I come into work about 1.5-2 hours early and workout with the physical theapy equipment than shower and settle in for the night.

I wish I could be home more, but this is what it is.

cheers.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk. So yes, it does.

But I have ways around it.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Handyman... It helps that I can set my own schedule, so I can workout when it is convenient, but being on the road and all over kind of hurts the diet... been really trying to make the decent choices of all the fast food restaurants where I grab that quick bite for lunch!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Chef here , can hinder as you have to taste what your serving an option is to spit it out but.
    Not very good if a customer saw it
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Accountant....NOT very active. But I do get awesome walks in on lunch and take the stairs.....
  • GrowOrDie
    GrowOrDie Posts: 42
    Options
    Well there was a time that what I did for a living hindered the goal of mine and that was to live and be healthy. I guess it was more of a "mission" than a goal. But I did leave a few jobs because of the people and the environment I was in. Because of my passion/ my personal journey through health. I now get to live my passion as my occupation. I kept making small steps towards doing what I wanted to do- while I was living my mission.
    I am now a Holistic Nutrition/ Wellness Counselor/ Coach... Who, 10years ago, started out managing a fast food restaurant then going into nursing and then finally the holistic medical field. I finally "Fit" in doing what I get to "do". :) ~ Blessed. :)
  • timothygarcia
    Options
    I am in the U.S. Army and currently deployed. Being a Soldier does help me lose weight, but the food that is served on deployment makes it very hard as I get older. All the food is over-processed and all comes frozen. The healthier options are very bland and the better tasting food has horrible nutritional value. It makes it very hard for me because I am used to very delicious, well prepared meals at home. My wife is a great chef and has spoiled me.
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    Medic on a construction site. I work nites and manage to control my calories by limiting the food I bring to work.
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    I run a business so i can get away at midday every day, which is good because I sit behind a desk the rest of the time.

And an awesome gym opened up right near work in January which is what got me started on this life changing journey!!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Starbucks!
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I torture teenagers with math. It helps because of the routine. It hinders because there is always some occasion to be celebrated, most usually with food.
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am in the U.S. Army and currently deployed. Being a Soldier does help me lose weight, but the food that is served on deployment makes it very hard as I get older. All the food is over-processed and all comes frozen. The healthier options are very bland and the better tasting food has horrible nutritional value. It makes it very hard for me because I am used to very delicious, well prepared meals at home. My wife is a great chef and has spoiled me.

Thank you for your service - You're a great American!!!
  • sleclerc1
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day. But I make sure to get up and move around throughout the day. I also try to take the stairs when ever possible.:smile:
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Im a senior account manager for a multi national rewards, discounts and tourist company. LOTS of stress and usually not a whole load of moving about so yes it hinders my weight loss somewhat
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    on my feet all day. i like routine when it comes to eating. helps me stay on track.
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at home with my toddler till I go back in a few months but I work in a homeless shelter, I have found that i have lost more weight at home as I can squeeze in those extra exercises where as work I'm pretty much stationary apart from the odd walk up and down the hostel stairs!! Plus there's always cake days which I can't resist at work!!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm an accountant and sit at a desk all day, so it doesn't exactly hinder, but it doesn't help either!

If the weather permits I walk to work and back but it's only 0.75 miles each way.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I work in a probation office, I am sitting in an office all day. I do have to get up and move around within the office quite a bit but I just go to the gym directly after work to make up for being sedentary.