Did anyone NOT have a weight problem as a child?

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I was always very slim....
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yep. I was skinny. They used to make fun of me for being so thin.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was never overweight as a child but once I hit puberty I gained weight and then the weight redistributed itself nicely over the next few years and I was healthy for a few years.

I can pinpoint when I gained the weight: the summer of 2004 I went from waiting tables 30 hours a week to 16 hours a week and ate whatever the hell I wanted for two months. Gained 15 lbs and have been trying to lose it ever since.

It wasn't until I started here that I made any progress. Now I've lost half of it but those last 7 lbs don't want to leave!
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    I was thin and athletic until around age 40!!! then it was just a gradual loss of control.

That is me, was about 115 lbs my whole adult life, even after having kids. Hit my early 40's and the weight packed on! I never thought I would ever gain an ounce until it went out of control!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was rail thin. skinny lil thing with long legs and knobby knees. didn't have a weight problem until after i had my daughter 8 years ago and i quit smoking..since then it's been up and down.
  • jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was very skinny and could eat whatever I wanted and not gain til I got to about my mid-twenties. Even after that, it's not that I suddenly started packing on pounds. It's been more of a gradual thing. Considering how badly I've eaten at times, it's kind of surprising I didn't gain more.
  • OlsbergKa14
    Options
    I was skinny all of my life no matter how much I ate, I never gained. I'm 5'7" and was never more than about 115 pounds. Then when I was about 22 I was diagnosed with OCD and started taking prozac. Over the next year or so I gained about 45 pounds and am now trying to lose it while still taking the medication.
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I didn't have a problem until around my 16th birthday. Then I started gaining weight quite quickly.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was always small up until puberty. And then I was just chubby, not really overweight. Then as a teenager I was small or average size 5, 115 lbs. My weight didn't balloon until I got pregnant with my first child which was where I gained 100 lbs. Then from that point I went down and back up numerous times. I am the smallest now though since before my first child. I don't think I'll ever be 115 again nor should I be.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yep! I was thin as a child and as a teen. I was a little too thin actually. Even underweight for my height, but it was natural. I ate a lot, but I was very active in school, so it never added up. It's hereditary. My sister has spent most of her life underweight. She's even gone on meds and supplements to try to gain some weight. She was teased mercilessly as a child for being so thin and tall. Her metabolism is just too fast for her to keep up with it.

Then when I went to college I packed on the pounds. I was no longer as active, and I lived on campus. Everything was at my finger tips, and most of it was junk food. Burger King and I were very good friends. LOL

It's interesting how people treat the formerly thin. I got a lot of "the weight looks good on you, but don't gain anymore". I also got a lot of, "you used to be really thin, remember?" Now I get a lot of, "I'm so glad you finally lost that weigh" from family. SMH, thank God I'm relatively thick skinned or I'd have had an ED a long while ago.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i never had a weight problem as a child. i got a little chunky between time of 11 and 12, never dieted or anything to get thin, i just kind of out grew it i guess. i was never at an unhealthy weight until after i had kids.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Nope.. quite the opposite; I was skinny as a stick till 17 or 18.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i was very healthy all through highschool involved in a lot of sports then got married had kids & balloned to a total of 191 working on getting back to being fit again
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not only did I not have a weight problem, but I was always very thin, until college. Then it was drinking beer and eating junk and gaining weight.
  • kjbristol
    kjbristol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have always been thin and had trouble gaining, but after I had two 11 lb baby boys, I got big! And I've never has to lose before! So I was bad at it at first! Lol
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was tiny. I was about 98 pounds through high school and about 104 through college. I am 5'7". People always told me I was too thin. It wasn't until I hit my 30s that I really started to put weight on. Lost that killer metabolism I had when I was younger! ;)
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem with weight until I had my first child. I had lost all the baby weight and then it slowly came back on. With my second child, I gained a lot of water weight. I gained 40 pounds during that pregnancy! Luckily, with my 3rd, I had only gained 25. After that, I lost the weight easily and then it started creeping back on again. So now here I am.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i was very athletic/fit until i turned 30. i opened my own business and pretty much stopped all exercise but continued to eat and drink like i was 20. fast forward 10 years and as Matt Foley used to say i developed "a little bit of a weight problem".
  • BiggTim
    BiggTim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Its funny growing up I was always taller than everyone else and skinny skinny skinny. I was always self conscious about being so thin. I used to pray to be bigger. Now that I am bigger I want to be thin again. I'm 6'4 now, and 268. I didn't start gaining weight until about one year I got married at 32. So yeah I guess I had a problem with being thin when I was growing up but my metabolism slowed down so now its the opposite.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Never had an issue with my weight until I was in a major car accident and went into a state of depression. I changed my life and left fitness to go into computers and gained about 87 pounds. I did finally get over my depression and I have since started racing again and working on my fitness degree again.