Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That, sir, is the most encouraging thing I've read in a long while. I've tried South Beach (I call it the South B#$ch diet, because that's what I turn into when I cut out all carbs), the low-fat raw vegan diet called 80-10-10, and many others.

I've come back to common sense and calorie counting...mostly because this is the most comfortable for me. Except for measuring/weighing my food, it doesn't feel like a diet at all. It just feels like food awareness.

Thanks again, that really made my day!
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Food awareness. I like that.

At the end of the day, it's all about applying a few common-sense foundations and then, from there, tailoring it to your body and your needs.

Most of the prepackaged information out there don't want people to know this. They gotta have an "in" or a "secret" in order to sell. Or so it seems.

Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoyed and thanks very much for the feedback.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

At the end of the day, it's all about applying a few common-sense foundations and then, from there, tailoring it to your body and your needs.

^ Indeed.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Great article thanks for sharing!!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • pghsteph
    pghsteph Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow this is a great article! I drive myself mad trying to focus on everything and in the end accomplish nothing. This is much needed informaton.

Thank you.
  • drgooch
    drgooch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Very sensible. Great post!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. Thanks.
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    bump
  • victoria615
    victoria615 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    want to read later
  • sheeler301
    sheeler301 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great article and sounds a lot like the guys from fat2fit podcast that I'm totally enjoying b/c they also break it down to a more common sense level, b/c you can get lost in all the numbers and info that is out there.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Super awesome article, thanks for clearing so much up.

I emailed you though, had a question.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Thanks everyone. And thanks for the recommendation of the fat2fit podcast. I'll have to check them out. I've been meaning to find some more worthy podcasts worth listening to. Even considered starting one myself, but don't see that happening anytime soon now that some things have come up on the schedule.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Like everything of yours that I have read, this is a very sensible, well balanced and reasoned article. I firmly believe some of my success this time loosing weight has been due to the more intelligent rational approach that I have employed following the advice you provide on your website. I just wish you had been writing for me 30 years ago! I am not normally so effusive in my praise, but really your articles have been massive light bulb moments, thank you.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    I really appreciate that, Ruby. Thanks very much and I'm glad that my writing clicks with you.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    bump
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    bump for later