Would You Do This In Front of Your Spouse??

Options

Replies

• Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a good burping contest with my husband. I actually lock the bathroom door because he likes to run by when im in there and open the door and then run away laughing. Pooping is private. jeez.

He sounds like he has a good sense of humor.

Certain things we don't do in front of each other. Bathroom stuff stays in the bathroom with the door closed. I try not to fart in front of him, but some foods...eh. He burps all the time, so that is never taboo. It usually makes me laugh. Now that I've gained weight sometimes I change in the bathroom, but hopefully I won't feel like doing that for long!
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do pretty much everything except poo.. cause poo smells and i don't want to smell his poo and he probably doesn't want to smell mine... lol
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING that you do in the BATHROOM that would require you to close the door should NOT be done in front of, around, or even discussed with your spouse. Lol I mean we're all human and do it, but if the best conversation you can give me is about the consistency of your latest bowel movements... I think we're headed for tragedy!!
    I used to agree, but I'd rather talk **** than listen to the latest dream... IT'S A DREAM, IT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN, LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED, WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THISSSSSS
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I fart (I don't know how to burp) in front of my husband and he still thinks that I am sexy. I mean, I don't go around doing huge man farts, but if I have to fart, what am I going to hold it until I can go into the bathroom??? I am a human and humans fart and poop...so he needs to realize that. Women fart and poop!!!

And, if he is allowed to fart and whaff it around, I can too! Why should he have all of the fun????

P.S....I know all of you men are thinking, Dang that chick is so hot!! haha!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    haha, my boyfriend does care, nor do i. We give each other privacy, but its not a huge deal.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    I think it's a fun post. . . On that note, whatever my wonderful husband saw my body go through while I was giving birth is, well, whatever he saw. . . I love him dearly, but some we do like to leave some mystery. . . like when we use the bathroom. . .yuck! I like some privacy when brush my hair and put on makeup, too. I think it's more a matter of liking some personal space in the latter instances than not wanting to share things with him. . .He has seen me in all sorts of yucky conditions: hemorrhaging after birth, smelly after marathons, sick after long runs, ill from all ends while pregnant....I don't want to hear him poop either. . . no thanks.

Well said! Childbirth is a beautiful thing and I think every father should experience it as well. I just thank God my fiance's not the type of guy to poop/fart in front of me. AND he says "excuse me" if he burps around me :blushing: But around the guys, that may be a different story! Lol
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I pluck mystery hairs in weird places in private and also poop with the door closed, but I'll talk about it with my guy. I just don't particularly want him to witness any of those events. I think he appreciates that.
  • NSQuintana
    Options
    It totally depends on the individual, no wrong or right way I suppose, BUT...I don't fart, use the bathroom, try not to even burp rudely, or any of those other body functions in front of my husband. We have been together for 10 years and he has watched me birth 2 children, one very tramatically. However, I still like him to see me as a "girl", maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Wow, you must have extreme body control not to have farted in front of your guy in 10 years? Don't you ever eat Mexican? ha ha!

Or maybe she just leaves the room like most LADIES do.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We'll talk about everything but don't always share the visuals. I'd rather not have ANYONE around when I'm doing #2 but will leave the door open if it's just #1. And I tend to keep the door closed when dealing with TOM stuff. Used to be shy about working out in front of him but I don't care so much anymore...even if it's something mildly embarrassing like Hip Hop Abs moves. :)
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    After having food poisoning with the hubs back when we were dating, pretty much everything goes. He was puking into the (ONLY) toilet when i felt the other end start moving, so i made him move to the tub, which, luckily, happened to be right next tot he toilet. then i started to vomit as well, which i did into the tub while sitting on the toilet. good times...

^^Wow, it's not even TMI Tuesday... sorry guys!
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is a funny topic, I hear stilly stuff like this on the radio ALL the time and I just snicker at it.

My husband and I have been married almost 3 years (been together about 5 years) and I think we've always been comfortable doing everything in front of each other, I mean there has been some hilarious instances that got us to that point so quickly but either way if you're not comfortable with everything I totally understand, not everyone is, just depends on the people.
    One of my friends and her ex were crazy with it. they wouldn't have sex if either one of them had pooped that day! WHAT?!

I think eventually it all becomes open, we never shut doors unless someone is here. I'm a very open person and now so is he :)
    i don't think that farting or anything in front of him makes him think we're not "girls" if you hold it in it can seriously cause damage. that's why it hurts when you do!! Either way, love won't stop just because you fart in front of him lol
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I couldn't think of anything when I first read this, but I just remembered something I used to not do in front of my bf. He is a fireman and is gone for 48 hours at a time. Sometimes, I eat peanut butter out of the jar, then dip the peanut butter spoon into a bowl of chocolate chips and then devour. lmao. And I would never do it in front of him because I was ashamed. Well, he ended up being home from work for like a week straight at one point and I finally said "there is something I do when you are not home, do not judge me" ... Now he has that for a snack sometimes too! haha.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I enjoy a good burping contest with my husband. I actually lock the bathroom door because he likes to run by when im in there and open the door and then run away laughing. Pooping is private. jeez.

He sounds like he has a good sense of humor.

Certain things we don't do in front of each other. Bathroom stuff stays in the bathroom with the door closed. I try not to fart in front of him, but some foods...eh. He burps all the time, so that is never taboo. It usually makes me laugh. Now that I've gained weight sometimes I change in the bathroom, but hopefully I won't feel like doing that for long!

Yeah he's pretty funny. I think I actually have more taboos than he does. Being that I am so overweight, I don't like changing in front of him. I realize I am not successfully hiding my chunkiness from him. He can see what I look like, but I just dont feel comfortable with it. I will be very happy when I don't want to hide anymore.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is a funny topic, I hear stilly stuff like this on the radio ALL the time and I just snicker at it.

My husband and I have been married almost 3 years (been together about 5 years) and I think we've always been comfortable doing everything in front of each other, I mean there has been some hilarious instances that got us to that point so quickly but either way if you're not comfortable with everything I totally understand, not everyone is, just depends on the people.
    One of my friends and her ex were crazy with it. they wouldn't have sex if either one of them had pooped that day! WHAT?!

I think eventually it all becomes open, we never shut doors unless someone is here. I'm a very open person and now so is he :)
    i don't think that farting or anything in front of him makes him think we're not "girls" if you hold it in it can seriously cause damage. that's why it hurts when you do!! Either way, love won't stop just because you fart in front of him lol

...Aren't you SUPPOSED to poop every day? :huh:
  • erosales0117
    Options
    I don't fart in front of my boyfriend. I know he has seen me naked, but I always cover up no matter what. He still thinks it cute, but I just have this little girl insecurity about my body. Yes we do live together he on the other hand doesn't keep anything from me.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Lighten up? You're the one making rules about what other people get to do. Why don't you just... not do that?
    hahahahahaa
  • NSQuintana
    Options
    my husband sits on the bed and talks to me while i go to the bathroom .. same as i do for him . .. we dont have a door on our bathroom in the bedroom .. we are comfortable with each other ..

we also burp . fart etc in front of each other (some times we even get into contest)

i also walk around naked .. (some women wont even have sex naked unless lights are off)

if i wasn't comfortable with my husband then i wouldn't have married him

Do you have any children?
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'll do about anything infront of each other except for BM's and TTOM. That to me is just a no no in front of my husband.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I've been with my husband for almost 12 years, married for nearly 5 years. There's not much I wouldn't do in front of him anymore. I lost most of my modesty after I gave birth to our son. lol. There was a very, very long period of time though when I wasn't comfortable having sex with the lights on... my own self-image issues though, it had nothing to do with him. Very sad times for me. Glad they are over with now for the most part. :)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    We do pretty much every thing in front of each other except bathroom time. although with 2 kids in and out of our one bathroom apartment, there are times when I have finished peeing with the door half open, and we have both come in to pee when the other is in the shower (deff no peeking) but number 2 is still kept a mystery with a locked door!) he has seen me give birth (he had to help me pee then as I has drips and cords stuck all over me, he has also seem me get cathed after my emergency c section with baby number too, I think we store those things in a different mental compartment though LOL. I have plucked hairs from his back, But I also like to keep my "secret lady business (re hair removal) private, not that he hasn't seen me both Yetti hairy and smooth, I just like to keep the process private! We have been living together for 12 and married for 8 of them.