Completed C25K program

Options
crazydv
crazydv Posts: 183 Member
I'm on cloud nine! I can't believe that 8 weeks ago I struggled to run 30 seconds and today I completed the program and ran a 5k.
I can't say that it was always easy. I had to repeat some of the days but kept telling myself I would not quit.

This really is a wonderful program. If I can do this at 50+ years old, then anyone with the desire and determination can!

Thanks for letting me gloat! I just feel so damn good about myself and that's a feeling I Havnt had in a very long time!

Cris

Replies

• chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats,

I ran the same program and I struggled as well I think on week 3, but it's such a good feeling when you complete. So now your next step is to enter a 5k run.

Don't stop now you just entered the world of running and I personally love running now so keep at it.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yay you! Isn't wonderful what you can achieve when you put your heart to it??

I did the C25K program too last summer, even though I never thought once in my life that I would be a runner someday...

I completed my first 5K in October, and I have signed up for a 10K next month! (Oy!)

Have fun running this summer! :smile:
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Brilliant I am just about to start this :smile:
  • smboston
    smboston Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats!!! Excellent job! Keep going!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm on cloud nine! I can't believe that 8 weeks ago I struggled to run 30 seconds and today I completed the program and ran a 5k.
    I can't say that it was always easy. I had to repeat some of the days but kept telling myself I would not quit.

This really is a wonderful program. If I can do this at 50+ years old, then anyone with the desire and determination can!

Thanks for letting me gloat! I just feel so damn good about myself and that's a feeling I Havnt had in a very long time!

Cris

Thank you for sharing this!! congratulations on completing this..I am about to start week 4 and have the utmost respect and admiration for people who go the distance!! well done!
  • RainyDayParade
    RainyDayParade Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! I am currently on week 2....hoping I can make it to the end. My goal is to run a 5K in October for the breast cancer walk with my sister (who is currently on week 5).
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, I hope to get there one day. I am on Week 3 day 2 tomorrow.
  • gordowens
    gordowens Posts: 55
    Options
    Congrats! I too just recently finished the C25K starting from literally not being able to run more than a minute. The great news is it seemed to be very easy to move from the 5k to the 10k which I just finished as well in a little over 3 weeks :-)

Great work!
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am on week 5 and can't believe I have made it this far already. It's a great feeling. Hope to join you with completing the program soon!!!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Thanks so much! I have been working on week one for a good two weeks now since life gets in the way but I love the feeling when I'm done! So awesome to hear about someone who's completed the plan and feels so great!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations to you. I've just barely started the c25k program barefoot, thanks for the encouragement!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Today was my first day, I was so sweaty after!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This is super!!! I did the program last summer and learned to love running!!!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's totally wonderful. So happy for you. I started the program last year and had to stop b/c of my knee but I want to start doing it again...this summer. Congrats on your awesome achevement. You should be so very proud :-)
  • bobthesmogs
    bobthesmogs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, and inspiring! I'm also 50 and completed day 1 yesterday. You've made me feel like I can do it!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: Thanks for the inspiration! I am on Week 7 Day 2, and looking for a 5k for the summer or fall:bigsmile: I am addicted to running, love it!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Yay! What a great achievement, congratulations! Thanks for posting. I'm coming up on 50 myself and am in week 4 and its tough sometimes!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I have one day left of Week 4, and I'm incredibly nervous about starting Week 5.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Congratulations to you! It is remarkable how we find ourselves reaching these unthought-of goals. Continue to be a believer and RUN baby RUN:flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Great job!

I'm on week 6 and struggling because I have been leaving too many days between runs due to weather and other commitments. I think it's been almost 8 weeks but I'm still on week 6. But I will get there. I have to. I'm registered for a 5k race in June.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!