Is there a good way to ask a girl out at a gas station?

Options

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    ask her out for coffee, tell her that all you can afford since you both just paid a fortune to get screwed from the pumps !
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    my favorite response on here was someone said a guy walked up and asked if they had a tire gauge, then walked away and came back a minute later and asked them for their number.

that's perfect, gives them time to evaluate the event and decide whether they thought you were attractive or not so when you return they can say yes or no without thinking about it or feeling rushed.

Answer to the question doesn't even matter, no means you come back in a minute and ask, yes means you take the gauge, use it and return it in a minute and ask.

brilliant
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Sure there is a right way. You step out of your Ferrari and say hello. Let her take it from there....

i don't have a Ferrari. I have a Porsche.
    14505303_5597.jpg

Honestly? Her douche detector will be on force factor 11 if she sees you get out of that thing.

Even though I personally like Porsches
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Sure there is a right way. You step out of your Ferrari and say hello. Let her take it from there....

i don't have a Ferrari. I have a Porsche.
    14505303_5597.jpg

Honestly? Her douche detector will be on force factor 11 if she sees you get out of that thing.

Even though I personally like Porsches

LOL well too bad for her, she can stick to guys in (BLANK). I want the kind of women that like Porsches ;)
  • firefightingflip
    firefightingflip Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nice car!
    Wanna bone?
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Is there a "right" way to approach a girl at a gas station? I don't mean someone going inside to pay, say she pulls up, credit card, pumps and will be leaving.

I'm thinking.... probably not, because even if the hottest girl walked up to me while I was putting gas in my car it would feel strange.

What do you think ladies? Have you ever given your number to a guy while putting gas in your car? What was his approach?

I got asked out at a gas station once, I was so stunned I forgot to put the pump back in the holster and tried to drive away. Disaster at the time but, we ended up dating for three years.
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    something wouldn't let me leave without talking to you

^^ this would make me run the other direction. smells like over used cheese to me. please dont use that line :ohwell:

Not all of us equal sports cars to d-bags.
    Some of us do appreciate vehicles.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with meeting someone at a gas station! I like what others have said, to offer to pump the gas for her. I really HATE pumping gas and I would be so impressed if someone offered to that for me. It is so unlady like to have to pump gas! So I say if you have the opportunity Go for it!

I agree with this person. But dude, get a motorcycle. Trust me, people are always trying to talk to me at the gas station. This one lady asked me "is it hot under that helmet?" haha. So much I could have said there but I have a gf so just smiled ;)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm think that if you rolled up to her while she's putting something long and hard into her anything, you're probably getting blown off, and not in the way you'd like.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    You need to show off how well you can handle your hose....

LMAO!!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Men cannot figure out how to NOT be creepy. . . what is up with that?

I wasn't gonna even comment but seriously. . .if anyone cares lol

Creepy- "How you doin'? Pump here a lot?" <<<<<<<<<<<This doesn't work unless she's a *kitten*, or has a good sense of humor I suppose lol

But- "Just thought I'd let you know I think you're beautiful." <<<<<<Still a little creepy lol but if its coming from a hot guy. .
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Do you need a fillup, or are you into self-service?

;)
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    a guy hit on my wife years ago when I was in shape at the gas station. I came out of the store part with our sodas and he was at her side of the window asking if she was new in town (we had out of state plates)

I tapped him on the shoulder and thanked him for welcoming both of us to the state. He then coughed and walked away.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    At $4 a gallon, just buy her gas....she'll love you!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    A good looking guy with game can ask a girl out anywhere and has a decent chance of success. A guy without these qualities will appear creepy in most scenarios other than maybe on an online dating site.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've had guys start up conversations with me before. 16 gallons takes a while to fill up, so you can kinda get comfortable talking in that amount of time. We talked and flirted, but never got asked out. I think just strike up a conversation and see where it goes! Confidence is seriously SEXY so if you're confident enough to ask for my number, I am most likely going to give it to you.

As long as you're not a creepy dude or anything...
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Last fall, on our way to his football game (and he was wearing ALL of his pads and helmet), my nine year old and I stopped for gas and the guy behind the counter asked him if I was his mom...so, Nolan told him that I was and then the guy said, "you're sure lucky to have such a pretty mom."

Nolan, in all of his 9 year old wisdom, quickly replied, "And you must be a creep to use me to hit on my mom! Don't tell me that my mom is hot! I know that! I live with her!"

As we were leaving, Nolan said to me, "I really don't need to hear crap like that from guys who work at gas stations!"

Oops. I didn't say a word...he was having his moment. :wink:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Is there a "right" way to approach a girl at a gas station? I don't mean someone going inside to pay, say she pulls up, credit card, pumps and will be leaving.

I'm thinking.... probably not, because even if the hottest girl walked up to me while I was putting gas in my car it would feel strange.

What do you think ladies? Have you ever given your number to a guy while putting gas in your car? What was his approach?
    id say it would have to depend on the location a condition of said gas station...if it is in a well populated area and dosen't look like drugs or other items are sold in and around that gas station I might be ok with it.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    "Hey, is it cool if I fill your tank"?

That seems to be the Universal Gas Station Line.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work...even if you DO fill it up! :laugh: #wrongnumber
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    Last fall, on our way to his football game (and he was wearing ALL of his pads and helmet), my nine year old and I stopped for gas and the guy behind the counter asked him if I was his mom...so, Nolan told him that I was and then the guy said, "you're sure lucky to have such a pretty mom."

Nolan, in all of his 9 year old wisdom, quickly replied, "And you must be a creep to use me to hit on my mom! Don't tell me that my mom is hot! I know that! I live with her!"

As we were leaving, Nolan said to me, "I really don't need to hear crap like that from guys who work at gas stations!"

Oops. I didn't say a word...he was having his moment. :wink:

That is PRICELESS! :laugh: He must've felt like crap, especially coming from a kid!