anyone recommend MFP to a friend trying to lose weight?

And they thought that tracking their calories was just "too time consuming"?

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Yes. I almost lost it. Really????
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    mhmm...my husband thinks its tedious to do that....ugh
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Yes. I almost lost it. Really????

It's like could you be any lazier?
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    If you have a smart phone, its ridiculously easy.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    yes all the time...I always get the comment "aren't you sick of tracking calories?" or thats so time consuming!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    I'm sorry, but tracking calories is so much easier than sitting there all day feeling bad because you dont know if you ate too much, or looking up every food you ate on the internet and adding it up yourself.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    I have recommended this to many people. I use my IPhone usually but thought I would look online. A lot of interaction. I love it. It keeps me on track.. You get out of things what you put into it.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Yup.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    yes all the time...I always get the comment "aren't you sick of tracking calories?" or thats so time consuming!

20 seconds i will never get back and reap the benefits of by losing fat. horrible.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Unless you have dial-up, then there's really no easier way to track calories than MFP. Even Weight Watchers calculations are far more time consuming! In the time it took my grandma to calculate and write out all her points, I could have logged into MFP three times and done my food journal, because my favorites are stored.
  • Yes not friends but my kids. I have 5 of them and they all could stand to lose a few pounds. I only have one son that refuses to track calories he says he does not have the time to enter all of the stuff that he eats so I just do it for him. I think it is good that they know what they are eating. My youngest son got a rude awakening monday night when he tracked his calories for the first time he had no idea that he had eaten over 4000 calories in one day!!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I think the true issue is that they just don't want to be accountable for keeping track of everything they actually ate. It's an excuse.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    I've been told it's "obsessive"...
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    It drives me nuts when I get asked how I am losing the weight and I tell them, then they all get excited and join. Just to have them either not use the site or only use it for 3 day and give up. Then they all upset because they are still the same size.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    I recommended MFP to someone on the day I joined last Dec. After 5 days, he decided he knew what and how to eat so he declared he didn't need the app anymore. He stopped going to the gym a week later. He's gotten increasingly out of shape but still believes he has a handle on his health and nutrition. Whatev.
  • I have become "pushy" with my Sister to log and a friend. They don't seem to be on the same wagon I am on right now. They might smack me soon :)
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Yup, few people actually.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 476 Member
    It drives me nuts when I get asked how I am losing the weight and I tell them, then they all get excited and join. Just to have them either not use the site or only use it for 3 day and give up. Then they all upset because they are still the same size.

^^^^^^ THIS is so true!! They want the results, but don't want to put in the work.
  • I got my boyfriend to join. I generally sign on and log his info though b/c I make every meal he eats so I know what is in there and how much is.

I also tired to get a few friends and family members but they joined then never did anything. It sucks, since I like the site so much and it has helped me a lot already.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    YES! ANd it's SO frustrating b/c they claim they really need/want to lose weight and have joined but just "can't remember" to log, although I know they're online almost all day. I actually deleted them (including a relative) from my friend's list b/c they were not even kinda committed. That sounds mean but I am tired of hearing about how "you can eat whatever you want and not gain an ounce" but it's b/c I workout and eat fairly healthy.