Frozen Salmon?

Options
I bought some frozen salmon filets and was wondering, how do you season and cook them? I could bake them or use my indoor grill or pan-fry, but was wondering if anyone had any good recipes? I bought some lemon pepper seasoning because a very dear friend recommended it to me and was thinking about using that, but I am up for suggestions as well. Thanks in advance for any help! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I'm boring and I don't LOVE salmon, (I will eat it though) I just salt and pepper then some lemon. Sorry! Kinda choke it down!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I let it thaw out....spray it with b/spray....season it Maybe throw a few sliced almonds on top....Put it in the micro...1 fillet, cook for about 4 mins....Not very fancy....Not too bad, with salad or veggies......
  • iloveziti
    iloveziti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I let it thaw, pat dry and use alittle Kens Honey teriyaki marinade and bake. Delicious!
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will thaw, pat dry, and broil with red pepper jelly/ginger sauce. Serve over spinach rice; yum!
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    Honey, dijon mustard, sometimes some soy sauce or teriyaki and garlic.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I pan fry them with a little olive oil them i season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and some parsley :) its really yummy enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thawing, marinating and baking is the way to go. I personally love marinating mine in light beer, garlic, ginger and a few dollops of simmer/stir fry sauce. If you can bake it in the marinade, it'll keep the fish nice and moist and it'll be more forgiving if you overcook it a tad.

I poke it in the middle as it cooks to make sure it's done all the way through, but I believe around 20 minutes at 350 degrees should do it (if it's totally thawed before going in the oven).
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I adore salmon - just finished my dinner of salmon with green beans and garlic butter - utterly delicious! I always drizzle it with olive oil, season with mixed herbs and black pepper, wrap it in foil and bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes. Simple but utterly delicious
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Cedar Planking on the grill, very good.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Salmon-with-Brown-Sugar-Glaze/

I had this the other night. It was DELICIOUS!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

OH LORDY - if you can do this with a miso glaze it's STELLAR.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    We eat salmon 2-3 times a week!!!

Thaw it out in water..pat dry...season with salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper, seaon all...a little fresh parsley...grill! mmmmm great on top of green salad.

or bake it topped with a mixture of lemon juice, brown sugar, mustard, and cumin.

make salmon cakes...use leftover mashed potatoes, add crumbled up salmon (pan fried), and a little cheddar cheese...fry up and enjoy!
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I thaw it then place in a baking dish with seasoning on top (lemon pepper, or kirklands organic no salt seasoning, or a seafood rub), then bake it covered. Drizzle with some lemon prior to serving. Love it this way hot or even cold the next day on a salad.
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 450. 1 lb asparagus, 2 salmon filets, preferably skinless. Trim down asparagus spears and place on baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and add salt & pepper. Put salmon fillets on top of the asparagus (skin up if they're not skinless); add salt & pepper. bake about 15 minutes until salmon is just opaque. Can add a sauce with 2 tbs each of capers, chopped red onion, lemon juice.

or if you have the calories to waste, make sylvester sandwiches: grill the salmon filets (I use a George Foreman), put on a piece of toasted ciabatta bread with garlic mayo (add chopped fresh garlic into mayo), lettuce, and if you're over the top extravagant, bacon.
  • julbry
    julbry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle them with lemon or lime juice, and then top them with LOTS of fresh ground black pepper, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, and lots of paprika. Bake at 375* for 15 minutes and serve with rice and vegetables, or just sitting on top of a large leafy salad with some light dressing.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    A little bit of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of brown sugar...Oh so good!!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My salmon fail safe is put the salmon in foil. Put a little butter, rosemary, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, and slices of lemon on top. Bake at 350ish until it flakes, I think about 30 minutes. This works in the oven or on the grill or in a pit.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I LOVE salmon, but be prepared for the frozen salmon to taste a little more fishy than fresh salmon. It is generally not as good, but it is cheap so I totally buy it. I don't have any recipes, I just throw whatever sounds good on there. I baked some wild sockeye salmon yesterday and put fresh squeezed lemon, dill, basil, salt, pepper, and a little drizzle of honey. I spray the tin foil with some olive oil Pam, wrap it up and throw it in the oven at 350. 20 mins or so and it's done yum!

Oh an DO defrost/thaw it before you bake it. It will end up extremely dry and take FOREVER to cook if you cook it frozen. Do not cook fish over 400, it will again turn out very DRY!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options

OH LORDY - if you can do this with a miso glaze it's STELLAR.

If you can do this with spray paint it's STELLAR.