3 DEAD PEOPLE AT DINNER!!!

Options

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1. The first man/woman who discovered fire (and what to do with it)
    2. JFK
    and C. Salvador Dali
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Mine:

1. Marilyn Monroe
    2. Albert Einstein
    3. Beethoven

I was going to say Jesus but I would rather wait until I pass to understand what it all means. I think not knowing is "the point" :)
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Shakespeare
    Dante Alhegieri
    Edgar Allan Poe

They could tell stories while we hung out in the backyard drinking margueritas and eating bbq.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'd pick people who have recently died... like in the past day or less. Otherwise the smell...
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    my three. . .

1) William Shakespeare --- to find out if there was any truth to whether or not he wrote all the plays and sonnets that some people claimed he didn't write, and if so, to find out the secret to becoming a great writer
    2) Captain Edward Smith of the Titanic --- to find out why he listened to Ismay instead of commanding the Titanic his own way for his final voyage.
    3) King Solomon --- to discuss philosophy, women, and all other things, since he was the wisest man to have ever lived.

What would be served:

Easy: We would eat at a buffet style restaurant so everyone could have what they wanted, and to eat to their heart's content, and then some.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    1) Charles M Schulz
    2) Andrew Breitbart
    3) William F Buckley, Jr.

Oh man that would be EPIC! EPIC, I tell you.

Oh. . what would I serve? Wouldn't matter. We'd be talking for HOURS. HoURS I tell you. But. . maybe something curry,

Individually, though, my brother Eric just so I could apologize--
  • davidshutter
    davidshutter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My first choice is Douglas Adams... but I imagine he'd probably be over his calorie goal by now, given loads of people have already picked him! ;-)

I'll go for:
    1) Hans Asperger
    2) Richard Burton
    3) Henri Cartier-Bresson

And we'd head out for a curry and a few beers.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I actually read all of them, thanks for posting.Yes I mentioned God (for everyone that didnt understand why I said GOD- I would like to see him in a fleshy form not just feel him around), this was not a religious lesson, just something fun to keep us from stuffing are faces for a few minutes, thanks for posting.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Seems to me that people that are passed away, don't eat much. :noway:
    Well if they're dead and attending a dinner I'm thinking they probably eat flesh... zombieeees.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    If you could have dinner w/ 3 people that have passed away, who would it be?, why? an what would you serve?

1). God- I have tons of questions
    2). Jim Morrison (I just want to tell him I love you)
    3). Marilyn (my Mother- I just want to tell her I miss her so much)
    I would serve pizza, everyone loves pizza.

God isnt dead
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    1. Jim Morrison, had a crush on him forever
    2. Winston Churchill
    3. Kurt Cobain
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hummmm......

1. My Mother - I so miss and love her
    2. My son - He was taken suddenly and way to soon!
    3. My Grandmother Rena - Such an amazing woman

God would of course be present (as he is everywhere!) I would serve a Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings! My grandmother would play the piano for us as we would all sing. Oh such fond memories I have!

Love and miss you all!
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    1.my grandpa/grandma (sue me I cheat)
    2.President Lincon to see which party he would vote for in this current day and age
    3.and if god is dead and that means satan is too so i would have him just to ask him how was hell cause everyone says im going there in a handbasket
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    1. Anne Boylen
    2. My uncle Jake (just died this past November and he was an awesome guy!)
    3. CHris Farley, I think he would help with the awkward pauses, lol.
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Since the question was what dead people and so many are answering with "God", I'm going to give an equally silly answer:

1. The Easter Bunny
    2. The tooth fairy
    3. Bigfoot

And because others have done it:
    4. The Loch Ness Monster

The same three.
    The easter Bunny contrary to what my cousin told me he didn't live on the farm next door.
    The tooth fairy because she stiffed me on a tooth (so what if it wasn't mine)
    Bigfoot....well I think he's my father.

Loch nest monster...there would be some fishy tales.
  • kathmedwards
    Options
    Loving the Nietzsche vibe. Also, pretty sure Jesus isn't dead either - isn't that what Easter Sunday is all about? Eternal life and all that? Just saying...
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1) My son, Andrew, who passed away one week after he was born in 2008. I just want to hug and kiss him and to see who he looks like. I would introduce him to his little brother, Jonah.

2) My Dad. He never got to meet any of his grandchildren before he passed.

3) I would give the last one to my wife. She has a bunch of grandparents she never met or knew very well.

What to serve?

BARBECUE!

:flowerforyou: (and sorry to hear about your son)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    1. My dad - I miss him so much, regardless of the mistakes he made in life (as a parent & husband). I still love him, *kitten* ups and all. I sure hope he found peace in death that he couldn't find in life.

2. My grandpa - I never got to meet my paternal granddad.

3. I'd give #3 to my husband, which he'd probably pick his nana (grandma).

I'd serve meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob and corn bread for dinner. Apple pie w/ sharp cheddar cheese for dessert. All of dad's favorites.
  • LittleMissRebel
    Options
    1. Edgar Allen Poe
    2. Colonel Sanders
    3. Walt Disney

Booze, fried chicken, and cartoons. Hells yeah.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. Jesus Christ: Do you think God wonders why did he promise to let you be our saviour (those who believe in him) and regrets us having free will? I wonder sometimes if he is so disappointed he wants to wipe us out.
    2. My grandmother: are relatives really watching over us?
    3. Sergei Grinkov (Olympic pair figure skating champion) I was heartbroken when he died, his daughter looks just like him. I would just tell him how much of an impression he made in figure skating and it was so beautiful to watch him and his wife Ekaterina skate.

I would serve lemon pepper Tiliapia topped with cilantro, mixed roasted onion and peppers, sweet potatoes, and Moscato wine.