Please tell me these hunger pains will stop

Options
2»

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    my goal is 1,200, but I can't seem to get it under 1,300-1,400 =/

eat more... eat over you bmr. you will feel better, won't feel hungry and will face less plateaus.
    calculate bmr: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ohhh, I love instant oatmeal. I eat it every day for breakfast (have been for the last year) The weight control kind is 160 cals and keeps me full from like 8 am until like 2:30 pm.

I hope you're eating more often than every 6 or so hours!! Please increase your calories. Losing weight isn't worth it if you're starving yourself - ie hungry all the time. Start off with goal to lose 1lb/wk to gradually get your body where you want it. Also, you have to eat a lot more than a cup of grapes to stave off hunger - maybe like a cheese stick and grapes. But grapes alone, for me at least, do nothing. If you've eaten, once you've increased your cals, and you're still hungry but feel like you should be full - have a tsp of PB. It does the trick for me EVERY time! You don't have to be hungry to lose weight, really, you have to EAT to lose weight. It took me months to grasp this concept. Good luck!!!
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    My BMR says I should eat 1,748 cals O.o That seems like WAY too much, even when I wasn't on a diet.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    exercise days I eat like 2200-2400 a day and I am still losing inches and weight.
    rest days I eat over 1900.
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I LOVE when people advocate water!!!!! :drinker: I am an even bigger fan of water!!!!! So many benefits for properly hydrating your body!!! And you generally need more than the measly 64 oz suggested... That's your baseline...
    Water water water, as long as you are eating the right amount of calories, most of the time hunger pains are usually dehydration. Your brain cannot tell the difference between them and sends the same signal as hunger.

Food for thought. . . . . lol

^^^ This! I usually get in 20 glasses a day( with lemon of course)!!
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    Ok, another question for the ladies: Do you need more calories during your time of the month? I just realized how silly it was to start a diet when I'm already grumpy and tired haha.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options

eat more... eat over you bmr. you will feel better, won't feel hungry and will face less plateaus.
    I love that website!!!!
    I was eating 1200 cals a day for just over 2 months...lost 8 pounds
    then upped it to 1400 for 2 weeks...lost 3 pounds
    then upped it to 1545 for 2 weeks now and weighed in this morning...lost 2 more pounds
    I exercise like crazy, eat all my exercise calories back and drink tons of water :)
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 at the start too. Too damn hungry, hard to eat that little bit of food. I am now at 1500, and I eat 5 small meals a day and dinner. I eat a lot of string cheeses, yoplait, hard boiled eggs or egg salad (or both), nuts, Trader Joes Better 'n Peanut Butter and 1/2 an apple, oatmeal, make a sandwich and cut it in half (split it into two different meals), bananas, cottage cheese. So many combinations with all this stuff covers me all day, never hungry. And like everyone on here posted, WATER WATER WATER, 8-10 glasses a day. I keep a powerade bottle handy and fill it with water at work twice a day, there's my 8 glasses right there.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I think it's like 50 more cals per day when you're bleeding. Not enough to go crazy.

I'd definitely up the calories and make sure you're getting enough fat. A lot of people avoid it like the plague, but it really does play a role in keeping you full. :)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    From an old hand here 1) diets don't work 2) start with smaller portions of what you currently eat 3) migrate to healthier foods a few changes at a time. 4) lots of water 5) plenty of physical activity/exercise.

You will never stick to a drastic sudden change in your eating habits, you must make a gradual change to a more healthy lifestyle. Otherwise it is all for naught. Been there, tried many diets.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to drink water? It may be dehydration.
  • ginneyrose
    ginneyrose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are u working out? Eat one pound of lean meat like turkey chicken fish oR eggs per pound of body weight. I eat most of my breads by 12 and none at night. U prolly lowered ur cals way to low . I eat 6 small meals a day. Make sure u eat breakfast and make sure u have a post workout meal like a protein shake. I use to eat 950 cals and highered it to 1300-1350 when I combined workouts.
  • ginneyrose
    ginneyrose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I say listen to ur body. If u don't eats when ur body asks for it the.n u will end up overrating.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Absolutely this.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My BMR says I should eat 1,748 cals O.o That seems like WAY too much, even when I wasn't on a diet.

Really? Have you logged a typical day for you from before you started eating healthier? Do it; just skip backward a week or so in your food log (to the week before you started) and then log a few of your "normal" days from pre-diet. Bet you'll surprise yourself.

Then try this: eat 1700 calories every day for a week. Pick up the physical activity a bit. You'll feel about a million times better and you won't suppress your metabolism by undereating. AND you'll lose weight because you're still netting fewer calories than it takes to maintain your weight.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Just to reiterate what others have said - make sure you're eating protein and fiber. Both will help keep you fuller longer.

Also, regarding 1200 calories - take this with a grain of salt. If you're hungry and you're drinking water, getting enough protein and fiber, then you shouldn't still be hungry. I am five feet tall. I eat 1200 calories per day to lose less than a pound a week. I find it hard to believe that those who are much taller should eat the same amount. Just something to consider. You might want to up your caloric intake depending on your height... But that's up to you.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Are u working out? Eat one pound of lean meat like turkey chicken fish oR eggs per pound of body weight. I eat most of my breads by 12 and none at night. U prolly lowered ur cals way to low . I eat 6 small meals a day. Make sure u eat breakfast and make sure u have a post workout meal like a protein shake. I use to eat 950 cals and highered it to 1300-1350 when I combined workouts.

did you mean 1 gram of protein for every lb of lean body mass?
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I find that if i eat a hard boiled egg for breakfast rather than oatmeal i feel better afterwards. And everytime i eat fruit it makes me hungrier! Always did. But everyone is different, you have to find what works for you.