2nd Best Guitar Player of All Time

Options

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    There are too many, but Matt Bellamy makes me want to give up music.
  • syradove
    syradove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yup, Eddie is #1

#2 - Alex Lifeson of Rush (technical chops off the chart)
    #3 - David Gilmour of Pink Floyd (Feeling and emotion are off the chart!)

Oh.... and Randy Rhoads - God rest his soul
  • BRADYDUFF
    BRADYDUFF Posts: 20
    Options
    ERIC CLAPTON
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Angus Young
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    There are too many, but Matt Bellamy makes me want to give up music.

u must not be very good.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    ERIC CLAPTON

Incorrect, thanks for playing. Your parting gift is the collected works of the Bay City ROllers.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Yup, Eddie is #1

#2 - Alex Lifeson of Rush (technical chops off the chart)
    #3 - David Gilmour of Pink Floyd (Feeling and emotion are off the chart!)

Oh.... and Randy Rhoads - God rest his soul

ALex is very good, but loses points because RUsh went like 4 straight albums with almost no guitars.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Joe Bonamassa!

Love him in Black Country Communion.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Pat Metheny is my all time favorite. But there are so many that have been mentioned....SRV, Joe Perry, Halen, Vai, Hendricks, Clapton, Waters, King, Brian May, wow...great question. There's Jimmy Page, Jack White, Angus Young....goodness there is so many.
    :glasses:

Jack White sucks.
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like Eddie, but he's not the best in my book. I'd even be hard pressed to say who was the best ever, I'd probably change my mind half a dozen times before changing my mind another half a dozen times.

But I have to say one of my faves of all time and the only guitarist to consistently wow me in live performances (seven times, so far) - Tim Sult from Clutch/The Bakerton Group. The man is just amazing.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    I like Eddie, but he's not the best in my book. I'd even be hard pressed to say who was the best ever, I'd probably change my mind half a dozen times before changing my mind another half a dozen times.

But I have to say one of my faves of all time and the only guitarist to consistently wow me in live performances (seven times, so far) - Tim Sult from Clutch/The Bakerton Group. The man is just amazing.

U like Eddie, but some guy named Tim Sult is amazing? THanks for playing and your parting gift is The BEe Gees collected works of the 60's.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I guess it's all a matter of taste and what you listen to. And who you have had the privilege to see live! My for that votes would be Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, Jeff Martin, Angus Young, Johnny 5, Adam Jones, Mark Morton and Stone Gossard.

Of the folks that i have not been able to see - Jimmy Page, Hendrix.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My Top 10 List

1. EVH
    2. Jimi
    3. Page
    4. Beck
    5. RHoads

In memorium Les Paul

That's only six. Math is not your strong suit. For a door prize, we have ABBA's Greatest Hits. Let's all give him a big hand!
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    I guess it's all a matter of taste and what you listen to. And who you have had the privilege to see live! My for that votes would be Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, Jeff Martin, Angus Young, Johnny 5, Adam Jones, Mark Morton and Stone Gossard.

Of the folks that i have not been able to see - Jimmy Page, Hendrix.

U didnt mention EVH, so sorry you are eliminated. Your parting gift is BIlly Squier's pink sweat pants.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'd say the line starts behind Mr Hendrix ( and mr van halen a hair's breadth away. Mark Knopfler and Eric Clapton are more than honourable mentions.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    My Top 10 List

1. EVH
    2. Jimi
    3. Page
    4. Beck
    5. RHoads

In memorium Les Paul

That's only six. Math is not your strong suit. For a door prize, we have ABBA's Greatest Hits. Let's all give him a big hand!

I was saving the bottom half for later int he thread, but since you asked

6. Joe Perry
    7. Slash
    8. Nuno Bettencourt
    9. Joe Satriani
    10. Mark Tremonti
  • venus_blue
    Options

U like Eddie, but some guy named Tim Sult is amazing? THanks for playing and your parting gift is The BEe Gees collected works of the 60's.

Ah, so if I don't worship at the altar of Eddie, some random dude thinks I can't possibly know what I'm on about? I can live with that.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

Ah, so if I don't worship at the altar of Eddie, some random dude thinks I can't possibly know what I'm on about? I can live with that.

Actually, im nto some random dude..IAM_THATDUDE, which automatically gives more weight to my opinions. PLus I know everything and since Tim Sult is not on my radar he must suck.
  • venus_blue
    Options

Actually, im nto some random dude..IAM_THATDUDE, which automatically gives more weight to my opinions. PLus I know everything and since Tim Sult is not on my radar he must suck.

Oh, please forgive, I wasn't up to speed on your mightiness! You need to work on your pr. Seriously, check the guy out sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised.
  • sarahgilmore1
    Options
    Julian Bream

John Williams

Andres Segovia