Walden Farms products

Options
2»

Replies

• stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    To be that free in all those things, makes me wonder how processed they are.
    I concur, you need something there for taste. I not real sure but it seems they would need to have chemicals and be highly processed and/or artificial.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I tried the blue cheese dressing. It was okay, not wonderful. Less is definitely more, if you put too much its not going to taste good. I tried the chocolate dip, and it was good with strawberries.
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    I've used a lot of their products because the Ideal Protein that I was on for a while reccomends them. The salad dressings are good and the maple syrup is great. I've had the mayo's and they are ok, but they are so expensive I tend to stick with fat free miracle whip instead. The peanut butter is disgusting, don't waste your money. The bbq sauces are more like steak sauces than bbq sauces to me but they do not taste bad. Overall the dressings and maple syrup are the best and I continue to buy and use them even though I am no longer on the IP diet, but the other things I don't spend my money on.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have tried a dozen or so as they were all the rage last year in our area. A few people said they liked them. I didn't honestly "enjoy" a single thing. Some were palatable but others were down right horrific. There was a distinct chemical taste. My suggestion would be to stick with REAL food.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people eat "fat free". It is not good for you. There is nothing wrong with fat, your body needs fat in your diet. Read this article and it will make you think....

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242516-Heart-Surgeon-Speaks-Out-On-What-Really-Causes-Heart-Disease
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the serving sizes, if one serving is less than 5 calories.
  • katiedidd66
    Options
    I've tried the Ranch dressing and I like it, sure it's kind of runny, but I personally like my salad dressing that way. I've also tried the tomato & basil pasta sauce, I added sauted zucchini, squash, onion & tomato to it, along with some fresh basil & thyme, and I thought it was yummy. I suppose it all depends on your taste.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Ranch dressing and I like it, sure it's kind of runny, but I personally like my salad dressing that way. I've also tried the tomato & basil pasta sauce, I added sauted zucchini, squash, onion & tomato to it, along with some fresh basil & thyme, and I thought it was yummy. I suppose it all depends on your taste.

So basically you made your own pasta sauce and added some chemicals to it lol
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them, I have been curious but I have seen others on hear say they are super gross, so I stick to 'sugar free' 'low fat' lite' etc... "calorie free" kinda freaks me out though, to scieney I think lol
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    Just recieved my order yesterday.

French onion dip -> edible with carrots or celery, i got it to dip veggies. So far so good. I think the more eat the the more I may dislike it. lol.
    Alfredo Sauce -> Was edible. I personally would prefer soya sauce with basil on my pasta to the alfredo. I'll finish the jar though... I just wish pasta wasn't so many calories!
    Strawberry Jam/cement -> Definately edible. Very hard. Would be fine in my PB & Jam wraps.
    Chocolate Peanut Butter -> The grossest thing I've ever tasted in my life. I'm keeping it to make other people try it though... It'll be a conversation piece.
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the salad dressings. I can have a big salad for hardly any calories! Most of the ingredients are seasonings and vinegar. It does also have Splenda but I don't exclude that in my diet.
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    I've used the marshmallow fluff and the pancake syrup. The marshmallow fluff was an ingredient in a recipe I made so I can't say how it tasted on it's own but my Amish Peanutbutter Spread was AWESOME with it. The pancake syrup totally fooled my kids but my husband asked if it was sugar free. I thought it tasted fine.

THAT SAID, yeah I'm sure they have some chemicals in them. But it's not like you're going to pour the whole bottle down your throat in one sitting. If you just use them occasionally or as a treat from time to time, I think it's no big deal.