Girls playing with thier hair

Options
darkknightfan
darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
alright today over lunch I was chatting with some co workers.. I had mentioned that the girl sitting beside me in class was kinda fidgety and played with her air ALOT .. Immediately they were like "did you talk to her ?? she totally wanted you to talk to her"... I didnt take that from her actions and cause I already have a wonderful woman in my life so im not looking for them either. i guess I was wondering if I was doing something to make her nervous or something so I slid over a bit to give her some more room .

Ladies:
Playing with hair
Flirting or nervous ?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Could be either, I suppose.

I sometimes twirl my hair around just because I like how thick it feels when it's straightened. When I'm nervous, I play with my jewellery.

We're all different. :tongue:
  • darkknightfan
    Options
    I was wondering cause I have class with this gal for the rest of the week.. I dont like ANYONE feeling like im a "creeper" or something like that
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I run my hand through my hair a lot because it makes my hair look fuller but always wonder if the dudes around me think I'm trying to flirt.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Both depending on the situation and they are both very different:

I play with my hair when I'm bored. I don't twirl it but I check it out for split ends.

I also play with my hair when I see a cute guy and I want to get his attention which entails stroking it, twirling it in a seductive kind of way.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I'll play with my hair if nervous sometimes, but also will mess around with my jewerly, phone, or whatever else I can to preoccupy myself. Ya, I wouldn't take that as an indication she wanted you.
  • darkknightfan
    Options
    this was more of the "checking for split ends" kinda playing LOL
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    She could be nervous, or preoccupied, or flirting, or just checking for split ends.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I twist my hair around my fingers if I'm bored, like if I'm sitting in traffic or on a boring phone call at work! Doesn't mean anything.....if I smoked, I'd probably be having a cigarette, or if I bit my nails, I'd be doing that instead!

Why do men always jump straight to the conclusions that women are trying to flirt if they do that!! lol

:laugh:
  • oamber0
    oamber0 Posts: 53
    Options
    If she thinks you're a creeper she will move...If I'm playing with my hair it is usually flirtatious, nail biting would be a more obvious nervousness
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I play with my hair to smooth it, cuz it's kinda damaged. I also tend to be fidgety and I look less fidgety if i just twirl one piece of hair instead of checking my nails, pulling at loose threads, tapping fingers etc. I also do so when I am bored.

you are sweet to be worried that you're making her uncomfortable. very thoughtful to give her space.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i play with my hair only when I'm getting tired... its something i have always done ever since i was little. my Grandma always knew when it was time for me to go to bed because i would start touching my hair LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I know this might come as a surprise to some guys, but women don't have super-secret classes on "stupid subtle ways to let a guy know you're into him." We're all individuals and behave in different ways.

I play with my hair when I'm bored, or think my hair is out of place,or need a haircut, or wish I wore a ponytail because my hair is just hanging on my neck, or did wear a ponytail and it's right at that length where the end tickles the back of my neck, or...

On the other hand, if a girl is playing with YOUR hair, she's into you.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    For me it's boredom. I have hair that goes past my bra band and I will start the day off with it down and looking nice, by the end of the day it is up in a pony tail, bun or sometimes any stray pencil will end up in there holding it up. I tend to play with it when I am driving, especially longer drives. In class I used to twirl it around my finger...again, boredom.
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the girl, all girls are different, I know I play with my hair all the time either because I' am nerves or bored or it's just a habit...lol
    Where you making eye contact with her? That's the real question? Then second it can be different nerves, like weird nerves or like nerves.
  • nabauer86
    nabauer86 Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes! It's a natural reaction when you're into someone. It's kinda like they are primping for you. I always find myself twirling my hair or doing the "checking for split ends" you mentioned, when I'm talking to a cute guy and kinda nervous.
  • darkknightfan
    Options
    I honestly didnt think anything other than "geez this chick is REALLY fidgety is it something im doing ? DId I forget my deodorant , have something in my teeth?"
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I know this might come as a surprise to some guys, but women don't have super-secret classes on "stupid subtle ways to let a guy know you're into him." We're all individuals and behave in different ways.

I play with my hair when I'm bored, or think my hair is out of place,or need a haircut, or wish I wore a ponytail because my hair is just hanging on my neck, or did wear a ponytail and it's right at that length where the end tickles the back of my neck, or...

On the other hand, if a girl is playing with YOUR hair, she's into you.

EXACTLY. And don't forget split ends. If I am due for a trim I can get totally distracted by split ends...lol
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I twirl my hair around my finger when I'm thinking or concentrating on something. My aunts all do it too. When my favorite aunt was going through chemo and lost her hair, my other aunt bought her a hat with fringe hanging off it so she had something to twirl. Now that she's gone, when I catch myself doing it, I immediately think of her and smile.

I know this story isn't the point of your question, but writing it made me feel good, so thanks :)

...and for the record, I don't do it when I'm being flirtatious. I use my eyes when I flirt.
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    I play with my hair when I'm bored, or if it feels extra soft that day. Or both.

I've never played with my hair when attempting to flirt.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yea I play with my hair when I am bored, and pretty much only when I am bored, I have never done it for flirting or being nervous