Gym Story To Share!

Options

Replies

• domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have read this. I'm a happy crier lol! I'm typing this trying to be strong :)
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    kodac moment, you'll always remember this story for as long as you live, sometimes we don't know why but this I believe was a predestined moment and trust me she will remember it as well and she will remember it as well. KUDOS to ya!! maybe all she needed was someone to believe in her....
  • nicolemariemclovin
    nicolemariemclovin Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    this story gave me goosebumps! thanks for sharing!
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing experience!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! That is such a sweet story and it was so awesome of you to encourage. So many people would have just nodded and ignored the comment...how incredible is it that you gave her the courage to do something that can truly change her life!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!! I am at 210 and can't jog at 5 mph for more than 40 seconds!!! And like someone said before me, I hope you DID invite her to MFP!!!! Truly inspiring!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about another annoying person at the gym! Such an amazing story! Like others have said, I hope you understand how you may have just changed that young womans life forever. Because of you she had the courage to do something she never thought she could. You deserve a lot of credit and I hope you see her again to keep her motivated! AMAZING! Thank you for sharing!
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tearded up! Fantastic story! What a testament to who you are! Way to be a blessing!
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love this story! Consider this a huge nsv for you that your actions and kindness towards a complete stranger may have changed this woman's entire perspective of herself. Tonight she became a runner!!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nicole, Thank you for your very inspiring story. Heavy people, like myself over 300lbs, need encouragement like that from people in the gym. Four months ago I signed up at the local gym. First day I went not one person said anything to me. I just stopped going. The end. Then I decided I was paying for it, I'm going! This is my second week and one person has said HI to me, one. No one has offered me advise, tricks of the trade, or encouragement. Nicole, YOU are the reason that I am going to continue to go the gym. Thank you ~ thank you!! Melissa
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! That actually made me feel good knowing you (through mfp) and knowing that you helped someone else. You should be proud of yourself!!! I hope you told her about mfp :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Super inspiring!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    what a great story! I love stories like this... What an awesome person she was too.. I think in the end she would motivate me more than I could have possibly motivated her! (being in your shoes)
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Wow! I hope you realize that you DID change her life for the better, and what it means to her! What a great lesson for all of us!

best20smiley.gif
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    OMG, that makes me cry. How amazing to be able to affect someones life like that! Can you imagine how she felt when she went home! Excellent story, thanks for sharing.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    that is truly what it is all about!
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you SOO much for sharing this. Stories like this are the greatest thing in the world to me.

Keep on "wogging"!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You did make me cry! I am at a point where trying to run is within my grasp...I did 15 minutes at 2.8 with an incline of 8 (not sure what percentage that correlates to, but it was tough for me!) and I was proud that I was able to do this...will be adding time to build endurance first, then adding speed...I had a wonderful 61 minute work out and feel great now!