Ladies: Three Day Rule?

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy that would call me as soon as I got home from our dates. We'd talk for 2-3 hours. It made me feel like he was really interested in talking to me. It was a cute kind of eagerness. Not a turnoff to me at all.

If a girl is annoyed by this, I think it probably means she's actually not really into you. If I'm into a guy, I WANT to talk to him.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy that would call me as soon as I got home from our dates. We'd talk for 2-3 hours. It made me feel like he was really interested in talking to me. It was a cute kind of eagerness. Not a turnoff to me at all.

If a girl is annoyed by this, I think it probably means she's actually not really into you. If I'm into a guy, I WANT to talk to him.

I've known this for awhile...but I swear this forum reminds me daily...

That I need to move to Texas.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That I need to move to Texas.

Do it and report back please. :)
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If a guy didn't call for 3 days after a good date I can guarantee you I will have erased his number and conveniently forgotten his name by then lol
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Do not wait!! My hubby didnt even wait an hour after we met. If you like her, then call. DO not text either.
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i believe guys come up with these arbitrary rules but i can t blame them. they are trying to figure out what most women dont want to say outright.
    If she likes you, you could call her the second you leave her at her door, and she would be happy about it. If she doesnt like you, there is no proper wait period because it wont matter. If a girl is into you, she will want to know you like her too. Just dont over do it because thats when we get creeped out and say things like "too nice" when what we really mean is "being creepy."
    But you can call and whatever, whenever, there is no magical amount of time that will make it right. :) Hope this helps.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    48-72 hrs make her wonder and dont text, make the call-Ty

We actually hate this 48-72 hour thing. It's a game. If you like her, CALL!
    Noooo anything sooner wreaks of being desperate-Ty

Personally, it doesn't look desperate to me when a man calls the next day... unless he calls and texts a million times that next day. If I don't hear from him by about Tuesday or Wednesday after a Saturday date, I assume he isn't interested, and I say yes to a date with the next guy. Not all women do this, however. Some will wait a bit longer. There are many reasons a man doesn't call, but the wise people of our society say silence from a man means one thing only.... disinterest... also known as "He's just not that into you."
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Ok, but what if he Facebook chatted her w/in 3-4 days?

What if he asked for her AIM screenname and she declined to give it?

Should he use hotmail or yahoo for email?

Srsly bromeo, sometimes it's better not think and just act. Call w/in 24 hrs; don't think about the rules and games. Playing games is dumb and will frustrate you in the end. Being direct puts everyone on the same page.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!? If you wait 3 days... you aren't into her and she's gonna know it.

Call when you want to call... don't play games... Much like others who have posted on here - if I am into a guy and like him - I don't want to WAIT for him to call... I WANT to talk to him!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If you like the girl, don't wait 3 days to call her.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I HATE it when guys play games, but it's also not so fun when they are overbearing. When starting out, calling the next day is good. When guys wait 3 days, it does make me think about them but it also makes me really down on myself and then better when he finally calls, and its a little manipulative that way. No head games!
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If someone waited 3 days to call me I wouldn't pick up and will have probably already replaced them.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    pffffttt... Waste of time playing games ... If you want to text or call her or both the next day or within 30 min of parting just DO IT !! ..If she's into you and you her ... NO rules apply !! It's nice knowing they are thinking about you !! .
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Probably already stated, but I'll say it again for good measure, 'Rules' are meant to be broken. If you like her call her.
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    3 days seems like an eternity for stuff like that! Society is faster paced now too, I say sooner - if thye like you they would have already made up their mind, it doesn't take 3 days.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i would just send a casual tx saying. saying something along the lines hi had a great time hope we can meet again soon? then u are leaving up to them to reply.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you like her, call her.
    If a guy didn't call/text for 3 days, I'd probably assume they weren't interested.
  • depends what you want it to evolve into
    my experience is that guys who just want to get lucky will harass you with messages until they do then dissapear, guys who want something more are a little more relaxed.
    If you want something real my advice is a text later that night saying something like 'hey it was great to see you today, I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did, sweet dreams' then give it 3 days or so before next contact.
  • BigAardvaark
    Options
    If you really liked her, phone/text her whenever you want to! There are no rules in life, rules are for games.

If she seems freaked, she simply didn't like you. Move on immediately and find someone who's DELIGHTED to hear from you within minutes of the date ending :-)
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you like her call her. I'd actually be pretty psyched if my date called me right after the date to say he had fun.

I do this. I'd personally prefer to know where I stand, so I give this courtesy too. I don’t think there are too many set "rules" in dating any more. If you like her tell her, call her, text her. Sometimes easier said than done I know. :)