What Keeps You Going?

Options
2»

Replies

• Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Knowing that all of you are here struggling to make a difference in your lives, too.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I remind myself all the time how much better I feel and the example I am setting for my kids. I continue to read thru these MFP posts and log everything...I honestly think this is the biggest part of my motivation.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Gemiwing,

I have been on a plateau for about 6 weeks now and I am at times finding it hard to stay motivated. However!!! I will continue. I refuse to quit! I know that if I just keep doing the right things day by day it will work for me.

It can be the same for you, just do not quit!!!!!

It is a decision, day by day...."I will do what is right for my body today!"

I love what Tammy said about the time will pass...I agree...look Christmas will be here in 6 months whether you stick to it and lose weight or not...where do you want to be on Christmas day? Feeling the same old same old...or your family telling you that you look amazing and realizing that you FEEL amazing!

My husband and I just updated our life insurance. I am 5 pounds away from being a "preferred" customer. When I lose this next 5 pounds and then update our insurance, we will be saving $12.00 per month. Trust me, I have plans for that $12.00 per month!

I am fueled by the compliments and the smaller clothing sizes but most of all it is how I FEEL. I hardly ever have to take ibuprofin for my knees any more. I can actually exercise without pain.

The only one who is sad is my youngest daughter who tells me that I am losing my softness. :laugh:

Best of luck!!
  • Lookgreat
    Lookgreat Posts: 63
    Options
    Lovely posts - great reading - soooo motivating - I think this thread should go down as one of the must reads.
    I wholeheartedly agree to mrsyac2 that though I am a mother and wife doesn't mean I can't be hot anymore!.
    Also thanks coolviolet for some insights into the way behaviors are formed.
    Thanks all - posts like this keep me going !
    Cheers to all :drinker::love::love: :love: