May Challenge- 5 plus pounds

Options

Replies

• chukwuwally
    chukwuwally Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Go team Auburn! Yaaaaaaaaay! But I'm having problem with the group thread I think I need to be re-invited
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    sign me up! i'm in this!
  • Cbaran01
    Cbaran01 Posts: 8
    Options
    MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
    2. Current weight
    3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
    Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
    (Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!
    :happy:
  • Cbaran01
    Cbaran01 Posts: 8
    Options
    group sites dont seem to be working so I thought I would post here. I may not be able to log in tomorrow and dont want to miss the deadline.
    1. Team COLOR -MAGENTA
    2. Current weight -148.8
    3. Month's weight goal - 143.0
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else not able to post on the group site? Am I doing something wrong? I'm in the teal team
  • mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else not able to post on the group site? Am I doing something wrong? I'm in the teal team

I am also on the Teal team and having the same problem..
  • ramaraj
    ramaraj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • n0bail02
    n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am looking for May as a fresh start. I would love to join your group so we can get through this together and be supportive to one another. Can you please add me although I know it's a bit late :(
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ready to start tomorrow! Go Blue Team!!
  • reba62
    reba62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am new to these type of posts. I am on the silver team and don't seem to be able to post on the discussion page under our group. Could someone explain if there is a certain way to do this or if anyone else is having issues. I don't see any other posts yet either. Thanks!
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this challenge if there is still room? :flowerforyou:

CW: 152

Goal 146 by May 31st
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lets go purple!!!!!!!--- I'M READY TO GET THIS STARTED TOMORROW!
  • cournae
    cournae Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, if there are still spots available!
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in, if I still can. I need something to keep me motivated!
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but there is a combined group for this challenge here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5186-may-s-challenge

I would not have known about it, but someone from my group made a thread on it. lol Just thought I would share.
  • Niagarasailor
    Niagarasailor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Teal Team!

Since the Teal Team Group is still unable to post threads we are going to use the May's Challenge group instead! :bigsmile:

1) Join the May's Challenge Group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5186-may-s-challenge

2) Check out the Teal Team Thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580369-teal-team

3) Be sure to post tomorrow your starting weight and other info as outlined in the Challenge Guidelines below.

4) If you have any questions come to me and I will try to get answers!

Thanks!

Teal Team Leader
    NiagaraSailor
    MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
    2. Current weight
    3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
    Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
    (Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!
    :happy:
  • Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options

The issues with the group sites have been addressed by the tech guys, but the system needs to be rebooted before it will work. I do so hope it will be by tomorrow, but use this thread if it is not fixed. Also, don't forget to friend all your team members for additional support!!
  • Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am new to these type of posts. I am on the silver team and don't seem to be able to post on the discussion page under our group. Could someone explain if there is a certain way to do this or if anyone else is having issues. I don't see any other posts yet either. Thanks!

*see above
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This question may have been addressed ut, how do we know ht colour team we're on?