How much cardio v. weight lifting do you do?

Options
124»

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1 hr of lifting + 30 mins cardio in every workout. I work out 2 days and rest 1. Different muscle groups are worked on in each session.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    She has to lift alot to beat down those pesky Mammals that keep landing on her head.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    She has to lift alot to beat down those pesky Mammals that keep landing on her head.

ROFLMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    weight lifting 2 to 3 times a week (just started heavy lifting. LOL ALREADY IN LOVE WITH THE BAR:wink: !!) I've been doing strength training just over a year now. And try to do interval cardio everyday if I can....:happy:
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I do a mix. On Mon and Wed I follow the NROLFW, including running intervals on Wed. On Tues I do the cardio from Body Revolution. On Thurs I run for distance and on Fri and Sat I do the circuit type workouts from Body Revolution which alternate between the front of the body and the back. I may add in more running as the summer progresses. I am 116 lbs and losing weight slowly but I only want to lose a couple more pounds. I am not sure if I am putting on any muscle mass but I continue to get stronger each week and I look much more defined (could just be fat loss).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im at about 65/35 for strength/cardio now
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I eat right to lose weight (you should too)... ~2000cals per day, heavy on the protein.

I lift heavy to look better (you should too)... complex lifts, 5 sets, 5-8reps, 3x week.

I do cardio for endurance and cardiovascular benefits (you should too)... whatever I feel like - basketball, running, biking, swimming, more or less whenever I feel like it.

This is almost exactly what I do also!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Cardio 6 days a week, lifting every other day. One day rest.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of trying to do more cardio ie running as I have a 10 mile Spartan race in September. I usually do about 3 days of heavy lifting and 2-3 days of cardio
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    At this point in my life, I'm big into cardio. I run anywhere from 25 to 40 miles a week. When at the gym (5 days a week), I do bike and treadmill. I lift weights 5 days a week. I do it to keep my strength up and stay tone. I do a circuit training with my weight workout and try to mix it up daily as to not get into a routine.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I am doing 30 day shred with Jillian Micheals and I am on day 4 and I am gonna stick to it for the 30 days. STRAIGHT no stopping. And I also walk 40-60 minutes each night including Jillian
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my goals are weight loss/fat loss
    i lift 3 days a week (approx 3 hours a week)
    i do about 4.5 hours a week of cardio. of that 30-40 minutes is anaerobic hiit (15 sec sprint/15 sec rest), 2 hours is medium intervals (1 minute all out, 2 min recover) and the other 2 hours is regular cardio

i have an active rest day that involves either hiking, splashing around in the pool and yoga
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Lift 5 days and cardio in small bouts daily.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    No standard cardio, however, I walk a total of 30 minutes to and from the train to work 5 days a week.

Standard strength training 3 times a week .
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    3 days running per week + an additional 30 minutes of other cardio, usually elliptical to cool down
    2 days lifting