Boob support for large breasted women who run

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump...looks like I will be doing some shopping. I have the same problem....can't wait to see what else you ladies recommend!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was actually just talking about this before Zumba class the other night with some other girls. I feel your pain. I'm doing 30DS and the jumping jacks and jump rope portions are killing me. I feel like I have to hold them down just to be able to jump around. It's not working for me!

I went into ****'s last weekend and tried on an Under Armor bra ($67!) for high intensity exercise but even that didn't work. I tried on a few other but either they were too tight and I couldn't get them on or they didn't provide enough stability. If I'm going to spend $60 on a sports bra, I better not be moving in it!

Don't really have much advice but I appreciate you posting the question and will certainly be following the thread to see if others offer any useful tips.

This!! ^^

I just did my 3rd day and jumping jacks truly suck...but I finally just gave in and wore 2 bras. I am wearing a regular sorta sporty cotton one with a sports bra over it. It's not perfect, but at least I'm not in pain. I can't afford $70 bras :(

I'm not even 'that' uh...far along in the alphabet either, I truly feel sympathy for those who are!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I wear a 38DDD, and I love me some lulu lemon sports bras!!
  • hello0okitty
    hello0okitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG! though i no longer have a huge chest, I feel like i am obligated to join. I've felt your pain, ladies! :'(
  • papillion05
    papillion05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36DDD, and just bought a Wacoal sports bra from Dillard's of all places. It was 68 bucks and worth EVERY penny. It's comfy, yet the girls don't move a smidge. I love it.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BUUUUUMP and thank you so much for this post! I was just about to post this but you have saved me a step! I need to find something to hold these things down!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    For those of us F+ ladies, $50 bras are a way of life. I wouldn't want to double up with any of my everyday bras. It is much easier if you are only DD. There are way more cheaper choices....
  • missiles22
    Options
    Hi. Noticed your post under this heading as I am the same size as you - which bra did you go for? I have the Royce Impact but notice they have a new bra out (their own make) and wondered if you wear this one?
  • missiles22
    Options
    Which bra did you buy?
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I was just about the ask the same question about sports bras. I'm glad to hear that there are some solutions out there, other than wearing double sports bras (which doesn't seem to work so well, especially when it's hot other there).
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    I have a big sweat chafing issue under my boobs where the underwire rubs. Have any of you had this problem? I could barely put my bra own after showering. (TMI). I'm a size 34G..naturally. I wear a Fantasie brand molded cup with underwire. I love it and I've worn this bra for years. I've recently increased my excersice to inlcude running but getting distracted with the irritations. I've purchased some sports bras but I still have to wear a my bra with them. They stay in place but I'm still get irritation. Any suggestions would be great! THANKS!
  • jedwardsau
    jedwardsau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a 12 or 14 G (depending on brand) I have freya bras - and sports crops - I have a Title Nine Frog Bra which has lasted 5 years now - and I want another - but being in Australia means I cannot order them in. They hold the girls down! (I have run in 10km events)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra, a singlet and a tshirt lol, no black eyes from me yet lol, but man when u run ur upper boobs get a work out and feel just as tender as ur legs do!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    For those of us F+ ladies, $50 bras are a way of life. I wouldn't want to double up with any of my everyday bras. It is much easier if you are only DD. There are way more cheaper choices....
    im between a DD and E and i can tell you cheaper choices dont mean quality, the bra im literally in atm, cost me 25 bucks and thats a cheap sports bra, i dont wanna buy an expensive one and lose my circumference in a short time......my options are slim and limited that sucks as well
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have large booblings, same problem as yourself! LOL! I wanted to go out and jog, so I bought a shock absorber sports bra from fig leaves! It works perfectly! Buy it and you will be able to jog and do other high energy excercises! :-)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK GG, and I run reasonable distances (I'm off to do 9 miles in a moment... ) I wear a shock absorber usually - they're great bras. I also recently picked up a panache sports bra, which I've found surprisingly good.

One option that works quite well for me is to wear the sports bra, but also to put one of those fitted running shirts with a built in 'bra' (nike do them, for instance) over the top. That really does result in *zero* movement.
  • lottiej39
    lottiej39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I find a sports bra doesn't give me enough support on its own so I wear a bra underneath and there's no movement at all!

Hope that helps!xx
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I bought a shock absorber from fig leaves, works a dream! x :blushing:
  • healthygirl1967
    Options
    I feel for the all the ladies with bigger girls. Before my reduction (36g/H) I used to wear the Enell brand - not a pretty bra but very good in strapping the girls down.

Good luck in finding a good bra - I know it took me a while to find a good one

:)
  • TriGirlAustralia
    Options
    The moving comfort range of bras are fantastic. Literally made me loom forward to running.