Quinoa & Chicken Skillet

Options
2»

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am totally going to make this tomorrow! I recently discovered quinoa and LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time!

I cook quinoa in large batches and keep it in the frig. I do a variation of stuff with it but always add the feta cheese.

This also does well cold for lunch with a can of tuna.

MMMM, love me some quinoa. I am getting ready to do a page on my blog about the things you can do with it and why people should be eating it.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe. Got to try this one.
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    perfect! trying this! thank you!

haha, i'm excited!
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was one of those fridge clean out days. Trying to clear out a bunch of half used stuff....or produce that was nearing the end of it's life. I searched a few fave recipe search engines....made some adjustments and ommisions and came up with this dish. It was DELISH.

I don't have a good name for it - what are your thoughts???

1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
    12 ou boneless skinless cuicken breast (I think you could definetely use more - this is just what I had)
    2 zucchini - cubed
    1/2 onion - diced
    1 can diced tomatoes
    4 ounces crumbled feta
    1 T lemon juice
    6-8 basil leaves

So basically...I cooked up the quinoa in a cup of chicken stock and set aside. I cubed up the chicken breast and cooked it a bit - 5 or so minutes. And took it out of the pan and set it aside. Then I sauteed the zucchini and the onion for about 5 or so minutes too. I used a big skillet and did this all on the stove top. I would guess at this point you could throw it all in a casserole and toss it in the oven to finish up? I'm winging it. I threw the veggies and chicken all back together in the skillet and dumped in my tomatoes. I drained some of the extra liquid off. You could totally cut up a roma tomato instead. I threw the rest of the ingredients in, the feta, lemon juice and basil leaves - which I cut into little strips. I also threw the cooked quinoa in at this point too. Put a lid on it and let it simmer 10 or so minutes until the chicken was cooked all the way through.

Sorry if the directions aren't totally clear - I was making it up as I went!! :) It was SUPER tasty. Maybe you could put more Feta in - or use low fat Feta? That's just what was left in my container.

Here are the stats I calculated based on the ingredients in the measurements I used. It was 4 good size portions.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sodium
    Total: 976 98 27 91 15 2914
    Per Serving: 244 25 7 23 4 729

Quinoa Feta Chicken Skillet.

MM
    Sounds, A-FREAKIN-MAZING
  • backto20
    backto20 Posts: 17
    Options
    bump
  • N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Must try this... i make a vegetarian quinoa chilli that is similar, but this one sounds like another must add to my repertoire.
  • kwbernardo
    kwbernardo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Putting this on the menu for next week.