May Challenge!!!!

Options

Replies

• sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So end of week 1:

Calorie burn aim: 2200 and managed 2432 so that was ok
    Did gardening a couple of times as a different way of burning cals and replaced an hour on my laptop in the evening with an hours housework, twice.

Stayed within my cals and logged everything every day apart from Monday when I did log everything but went over my cals by a fair bit.

I weighed myself on Monday morning and I was 2 lb down from last week but when I weighed in this morning i was 1 lb up from last week! Like others have said, its annoying when you do all the good work then ruin it all so easily!

Ah well, here's to another week, starting today.

Still aiming for 2200 cal burn. Going to get up 15mins early twice this week and walk the dog before work (believe me...that will be a challenge!!) And this week's different exercise is going to be strength work with weights..aiming for 3 sessions in addition to my wiifit and treadmill running.

Right gotta get off this laptop and do one of my 'not so nice things!'

Good luck all!!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My total calories burned last week were 3491!! My goal last week was 2610, but I upped my calories this week to my BMR so my goal for this week will be 2746. Was still at 218 this morning, but I actually went up and then back down, so I'm okay with that! I hope I don't gain this week as I up calories.
  • msbrenduh
    msbrenduh Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been very sick the last past week but now I am feeling better. I will be posting up my sw when I get home and will keep handing my business on here :)
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Check-in: I burned 2470 and my goal was 2680. I'm ok with falling a little short. This week I'll add a little more and meet it. My new activity was zumba - I did it twice this week. It was fun! The scale went down by 4 pounds! But I had gained 6 lbs back after a bad last two weeks of April, so I'm sure it was mainly water weight.

Goals for week 2: My goal for the weekly burn is 2680.
    My new activity for the week will be riding my spinning bike 5 days for at least 10 minutes/day. It is so much harder for me than running, but it will never get easier if I don't push myself.
    And I will commit to working out in the morning two days this week. I hate waking up early, so this will be a challenge. But I love being able to start my day knowing that I have my workout completed.
  • byrkar
    byrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late posting. Yesterday was crazy!
    As for my goals... not a great week. About 200 calories short, gained the better part of a pound, and only did one thing new/don't like. Got closer to running the 5k, though.

This week will be much, much better.
  • Johnece
    Johnece Posts: 7
    Options
    I know I'm been MIA, please forgive. Congrats to all that hit their goals. For those of us that did not - this is a new week! Let's get going!

I did not make my exercise goals last week - I was almost 600 short, but for a dedicated couch potato, I'm glad I did what I did and committed to doing more this week. I went to my first ever interval training class last week and loved it - until the next morning when I thought I wasn't going to be able to get out of bed! Been walking and on the elliptical, too, but need to add some strength training. OH! And I got a tour of the gym on base and it wasn't so scary afterall. Yes, there were some dedicated hard bodies (the active duty types), but there were just as many older retiree types, so I didn't feel totally out of place.

I've almost hit 10 lbs lost since I started on MFP the first week of April. I can feel the lifestyle change happening!

Have a wonderful, wacky Wednesday!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    Sherry's goals are for the month:
    For May 6-11th: Eat clean foods! Do not Binge(overeat)

How you will be measuring: Track on MFP calories consumed. Use food scale.
    May 7th: Didn't really use the food scale but I did track my cal's on MFP. Calories:1320-1375 and grams of Protein 130+ (I target more than 100g per day)
    May 8th: Again, I didn't use the food scale but I did track my cal's on MFP. Caloris: 1295 Protein G111. Calories may be a little low because I didn't have a scale to measure food on. Needless to say, I am allowed 1800 calories so If i were off by 30% that would be 400 caloris more... so 1695 is still within range. Weight this morning down 1# more to 100.4 (I was at 104 on Mon morning...talk about hormonal retention!).

What your motivators are: Feeling in control of my eating and not fat from eating the wrong foods
    May 7th: Felt in control of my eating. Felt really focused on my tasks at hand and not on food. so mentally I would give today a 10++
    May 8th: Felt in control again of my eating. I wonder how much of last weeks out of control was from hormonal TOM. I was focused on my tasks at hand and kept busy. I was't hungry by the time supper came but, ate healthy and just a bit smaller. Then had an 8pm snack that contained casin so I wouldn't burn protein/muscle over night. this is the 3rd night I have tried this method...seems to be favorable on the scale.

Other things I want to track:
    May 7: Stress level : 8/10 - Sleep 8/10 (neck issues) -Food 10/10 - Exercise 10/10 WorkoutChest and back) -focus level 9/10
    I didn't feel as focused in my workout, I was concerned with pushing too hard.
    May 8: Stress level: 6/10 (1 being none); Neck issues are getting much better. Food 10/10 - Exercise 10/10 (Insanity MIC and 20min elliptical) - Focus level 8/10 (10 being all focused). Felt I brought it today and promised/prayed to God that I would remain focused on Wed when I work remote.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, ladies!!!
    It's kinda nice to see that we have some of the same challenges.

The way I see it, the first week of change is the hardest - it is from that week, though, that we learn what we need to do. In this case, we have 3 weeks to kick butt. I'm loving all the effort you guys put into last week and am sure that your goals for this week will be made with some work, dedication and reminders about what you are trying to achieve.

I hope that those who have yet to post are still up for the challenge. Winners never quit, quitters never win and all that jazz!!!!

Keep up the great work all!!!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Sherry's goals are for the month:
    For May 6-11th: Eat clean foods! Do not Binge(overeat)

How you will be measuring: Track on MFP calories consumed. Use food scale.
    May 7th: Didn't really use the food scale but I did track my cal's on MFP. Calories:1320-1375 and grams of Protein 130+ (I target more than 100g per day)
    May 8th: Again, I didn't use the food scale but I did track my cal's on MFP. Caloris: 1295 Protein G111. Calories may be a little low because I didn't have a scale to measure food on. Needless to say, I am allowed 1800 calories so If i were off by 30% that would be 400 caloris more... so 1695 is still within range. Weight this morning down 1# more to 100.4 (I was at 104 on Mon morning...talk about hormonal retention!).
    May 9th: used food sclae and tracked calories. 1496cal; 133g protein; Bodybugg said I used 2200 calories...yet the scale didn't move...perhaps I missed a few in my calorie log. So Figuring 30% off on calories...150*3=450..1500+450=1950cals. Still a 300 calorie difference.

What your motivators are: Feeling in control of my eating and not fat from eating the wrong foods
    May 7th: Felt in control of my eating. Felt really focused on my tasks at hand and not on food. so mentally I would give today a 10++
    May 8th: Felt in control again of my eating. I wonder how much of last weeks out of control was from hormonal TOM. I was focused on my tasks at hand and kept busy. I was't hungry by the time supper came but, ate healthy and just a bit smaller. Then had an 8pm snack that contained casin so I wouldn't burn protein/muscle over night. this is the 3rd night I have tried this method...seems to be favorable on the scale.
    May 9th: Worked from home, was a little bored at home. I ate my casin snack at 8:30 even though I wasn't hungry. The scale didn't go either way....so we'll see what it says tomorrow. I was able to get in 2 or 3 walks outside during my day, so that was REAL NICE.

Other things I want to track:
    May 7: Stress level : 8/10 - Sleep 8/10 (neck issues) -Food 10/10 - Exercise 10/10 WorkoutChest and back) -focus level 9/10
    I didn't feel as focused in my workout, I was concerned with pushing too hard.
    May 8: Stress level: 6/10 (1 being none); Neck issues are getting much better. Food 10/10 - Exercise 10/10 (Insanity MIC and 20min elliptical) - Focus level 8/10 (10 being all focused). Felt I brought it today and promised/prayed to God that I would remain focused on Wed when I work remote.
    May 9th: Stress level: 5/10 (DD at 4pm was a 10/10); Neck better; Still stiff when I wake up but not after my am exercise. Food 8/10 - I ate out of boredom a couple times and I should have done something more constructive. Exercise 10/10(Shoulders/Arms and 20min kickboxing). Focus level 6/10 - hope to get that number up for today! Felt that I needed to step up my game for Thursday...at least I am in the office. That should help alot.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I completely missed Tuesday's update and new challenge committment for the week! We had a last minute short turn around court order and a court hearing! My weight went up, :grumble: but I know it was TOM's fault, so I am not too mad. I will have to post a little later my update for last week and this week's new goal. I'm already behind but I can't dwell on what I couldn't control!

Ok, I added my calories burned: 3015 (645 over!)
    Walked at an incline, only 1 time, but exceeded my 4.0 goal to 5.5
    Ate fresh veggies.

This week:
    Stationary Bike
    Log ALL week including weekend!
    Eat fish twice
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Starting May 11:
    I have to burn 2290 calories with exercise each week.
    This week I pick yoga.
    I will not buy any Nutella this week, and for the do it twice, I won't buy any next week.
    Is there anything I"m missing?

14877786.png
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    I am in!

My goal is 2 pounds in May. I keep losing the first four and then, junk food attacks every night, prohibit me from doing what I WANT to do!!!!! I am my worst enemy! What is wrong with me!!!???

SO, goal is to get over this hurdle by losing 2 pounds in May. Step on the scale and say "I can do this!"

Biggest problem: The junk food at night? Crazy stupid!

Motivation: Feel better about spring and summer clothing (no more sweaters or jackets)

How: Eat right at lunch and snack, having dinner organized each day and this will help me stop the crazy eating at night.

Exercise: I do 2 days of strength training, but in May, I will add 2 more days of walking.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Oh man, I have the exact same problem. But not nights, "cheat days" and I can't lose weight. I CRAVE chocolate all the time. I keep going up and down with 4 pounds as well. You are SO not alone.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Hello to all you challengers!!!!
    It's Sunday night - you have one more day to go for that calorie burn, good choice Xs2 and your new activity.

I already know what my goal is for this upcoming week. Yes, I can burn those big cals in the gym, but I eat like crap for dinner and at night - it totally ruins all the work I did. That needs to stop. I'll post my other goals on Tuesday when we do our check-in for the week.

We've almost completed one full week of May - - - are you where you thought you would be? Is this challenge too easy or hard? Where you at?

lol Almost 2 weeks are up in May and I'm just starting tomorrow cuz I didn't shake my sickness as soon as I thought I would. Thanks for still letting me be a part of it!!
  • mosneakers
    Options
    Happy Friday to you all!!!
    Where you at?!?!?!?

Here's my update:
    1549/2200 cals as of this morning - yay!
    I've lifted weights twice this week and I'm just a little sore. It feels pretty good though!
    I've done a good job of finding far parking spaces, except at work in the morning. I sometimes have way too much to carry in the morning. If I go out for lunch, I park at the other end of the buidling when I get back.

Food wise, dinners have been very hard for me - I think the weekend will show that too. Oh well, all I can do is my best!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    I give up, I'm starting on Tuesday.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    Okay, I probably seem like I flake, but here I go.

Prior to May 15:
    Post here and let us know:
    My goals are to lose 2 pounds and to not go crazy on cheat days.
    I will be measuring with my new scale.
    My motivations are my pants getting too tight, summer, wanting to wear the summer clothes I got at the end of last summer, being in my sister-in-law's wedding, not wanting to feel like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.
    My biggest weaknesses are cheat days, Nutella/chocolate cravings and addiction, fast food.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    My excuse for not logging: Crazy busy at work. Ate some junk, didn't feel like logging food....thought somehow that would make it invisible food (ie. if you don't log it, it doesn't count). Does anyone else have that syndrome? I sure do. LOL. Excuse #2: It's Mothers Day. Now, why on earth is Mothers day the day to treat my body like crap? Why? Why? Why? I'll tell you why....because Lifetime habbits are so hard to break. We litterally have been doing this food crap thing for our entire lives and we are trying to break patterns. But, the body resists ALL changes and it trys to revert back to the 'old way'. NOT THIS TIME!!! NOT THIS WEEK!!

Anyway - This week. Eat properly. For goodness sake girl, eat properly. not M&Ms and ice cream and crap! I have 6 days before Vacation and I will go on vacation knowing I ate right for 6 days. Even if 6 is an evil number!.

SO...U turn today.....Back at it starting NOW!
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    OK week 2 check in!!

Aimed for 2200 calorie burn and managed 2075, so just 125 short!

No weight loss expected tomorrow morning as it was up this morning :-(
    Good reason for this though - I ate too many calories from Friday to Sunday! So only myself to blame!

Didn't manage either of my 'not nice but twice things' but did start doing resistance work with weights as my different calorie burner.

Week 3 starts in the morning then - today was a good day calorie wise and I have a 3 day plan starting tomorrow which is sort of based on the Dukan regime. Also got lots of exercise planned for the week, so aiming for 2200 again, although I am giving blood tomorrow and will have to take a rest from running for a day or so.

Got to dig deep here and really focus as I go my hols in 4 weeks and want to be a few pounds lighter!

My new exercise this week is to follow week 1 of a 4 week (4 sessions a week) of superset exercises and high intensity cardio.

My 'not nice but twice' things - I'm not sure about yet, but think I will try and look at a couple of my bad weekend habits to replace with something healthier.

Good luck all.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,309 Member
    Options
    Well, here is my 2nd check in!

Generally, this week has been great!
    I finally started to lose some weight, after being at more or less the same level for about three weeks. And then suddenly I lost about 1,5 kg :happy:
    I gained some back yesterday evening when we had a celebration at work and I overate my allowance (or overdrank?), but I will lose it again in a few days.
    My summer trousers which I said should fit by the end of the month already fit now (okay, it's a tight fit, but a fit - once again :happy: ), so I mentally switched to another pair as a substitute for the end-of-month goal.

Specifically this week: I managed 3211 cal burn (aim has been 2500), and I took the stairs more often, but I didn't manage to try a new kind of exercise.

Next week I will do some new kind of exercise - I just purchased the 30 Day Shred DVD and a HRM, so there are some new things to try, and due to my weight loss I am really motivated!
    I intend to eat fish twice. And of course, aim for at least 2500 cal burn.

Hope you had a great week, too!
  • mosneakers
    Options
    I love the goal of eating fish twice - that is a great goal, guys!

This week was better than last. My eating is getting better, not great, but better, and I liked lifting weights. I burned 2704 calories. My goal was 2400 (adjusted that after upping my calories). I'm down some weight and up some confidence and that's what matters.

HUGE potential set back yesterday when I went to get measured for my bridesmaid dress. A size that was 2 sizes bigger than I thought I was - - - come to find out that the dress is made by a designer whose sizes run small. Ok, WHY oh WHY oh WHY would a designer do that??? It's probably a man. Yeeeeesh! So, I could have gone into my little pity party and ate until I had to get another size bigger, but I didn't. Proud of myself for that.

This week:
    Something new - Hot yoga. I have the Groupon, I have to use it soon! Not sure how much I'll like it since I hate being hot. Then why did I sign up for it? Because it was a Groupon, duh!
    Healthy choice - Spinach instead of romaine/iceburg/whatever lettuce at least twice this week.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A WEEK BY WEEK CHALLENGE - you didn't have to enter on the first day of May to challenge yourself. If you're reading this and think you can't join this challenge because it's May 15th, you're wrong!!!!