5'7, 21 lbs down since January 3rd!

Options
VeganPanda
VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
I had a picture taken of myself on Christmas (note the red and green socks) which really sealed it for me: I needed to lose weight. I had been vegan for years but my portions and junk food had gotten out of control and I had ballooned to 173 lbs. On Jan 3rd 2012, I got back on My Fitness Pal and logged everyday. I started drinking pretty much only water, and lots of it. I increased my fruits and vegetables, and decreased my portions in general. I allowed for occasional treats.

I am so proud of my progress. I would still like to lose a bit of weight and tone. I will continue to lose and go til I am satisfied! I want to thank all of my buddies on here for their support. I can't thank you enough, you know who you are. :heart:

I hope my success can motivate others to do the same.

I hope these images work!

8599053_5520.jpg8599053_7178.jpg
8599053_1324.jpg

the middle picture is me at 157, the black dress is around 154. :) My profile picture of my stomach is my most recent at 152.4

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Brilliant job, seriously :] I'm so proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe that's only 21 lbs. Wow, great work hun!
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    you look great! way to go! thas so awsome and Im so happy for you. I need to get rid of this last 20 lbs and it really does motivate me.. thankyou!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    What kind of work outs did you do? I need help in that area. I am down 12 pounds but now the scale is just sitting at the same spot. Here are my questions:
    How many days did you work out a week?
    What kind of work outs do you do?
    How long do you work out each time?
    What were the most successful and burned the most calories?

Sorry, nosey questions I know but I would love to have your kind of results. Of course you are 22 and I am 40 so it might be harder for me but it is worth the try:)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Um...you look amazing. What in the heck did you do to lose it that fast? How many calories a day did you eat?
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    What kind of work outs did you do? I need help in that area. I am down 12 pounds but now the scale is just sitting at the same spot. Here are my questions:
    How many days did you work out a week?
    What kind of work outs do you do?
    How long do you work out each time?
    What were the most successful and burned the most calories?

Sorry, nosey questions I know but I would love to have your kind of results. Of course you are 22 and I am 40 so it might be harder for me but it is worth the try:)

That's okay, haha! I honestly didn't do much regularly, it was mostly the food. I went to the gym occasionally and used the treadmill and the stationary bike, and lately I have been doing 30DS, but not regularly either. My weight loss has slowed down so I know that I should increase my workouts as my goal gets closer and it will be harder to lose.

My diary is open for you to peruse!
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Martina, you are such a motivation! You are doing a wonderful job! Keep up the great work because you look FABULOUS!! :wink:
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • audreytaylor1
    audreytaylor1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! I'm an inch taller than you and would kill for that stomach. Congratulations girl!!
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!!!!!! Hard work really pays off!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look AWESOME! You are so my motivation! I m 5'7 and started at 176. I am now 169, but I''d like to get down to 135 or so. You look FANTASTIC. Keep up the great work!!!
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! <3
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    looks fantastic! great job on your transformation..continuing transformation!!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you have done so well and look great!! btw i think you should go under 140lbs cos your tall, and already look amazing! toning is the way forward, don't get skinny....keep those curves ;) btw I am so jelous of your long slim legs and flat tummy! lol I'm only 4ft 10 and my legs would never look like that :( and your abs look like you work out a lot!! well done on your success, :D
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    Um...you look amazing. What in the heck did you do to lose it that fast? How many calories a day did you eat?

Feel free to look at my diary! I try to stay at 1200. At the beginning I would have 1000 and now I tend to have 1300 on average. :)
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    you have done so well and look great!! btw i think you should go under 140lbs cos your tall, and already look amazing! toning is the way forward, don't get skinny....keep those curves ;) btw I am so jelous of your long slim legs and flat tummy! lol I'm only 4ft 10 and my legs would never look like that :( and your abs look like you work out a lot!! well done on your success, :D

You're so sweet! I didn't know you were 4'10, that's so cute! Thanks for all of your kind words. :)
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    looks fantastic! great job on your transformation..continuing transformation!!

Thank you savyna! You were one of my first friends on here. :heart:
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I hope Im able to do what you did!!! Congrats!
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    wonderful changes! what work out are you dong? It's amazing just losing 20 pounds can be a big diff :)
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC. It's always an inspiration to see visual proof of hard work! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!