What's your "telltale" sign of a great workout?

Options
Wouga
Wouga Posts: 145 Member
I'm not sure if everyone has a telltale sign that you just put 100% solid effort into your workout, but I certainly do, and I'd be interested in hearing any/all of yours too!

So for me...the tell tale sign comes when I step into the shower for my post workout shower...I step in and find myself a bit dazed and confused (I know this makes me sound like a complete airhead, which I assure you under "normal" circumstances I am not). I stand there for a few seconds looking at the various bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, ect. not having a clue what I'm supposed to do because I just spent every last bit of effort my mind and body had working out. Thankfully this only lasts a few seconds then my head catches up and I can carry on with my day. But in those couple of seconds I feel so proud of myself for putting in enough effort to get my mind to such a state of confusion I can't even function properly.

So, when your done laughing at me for my "airheadedness," please tell me what your telltale sign is too!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have two, when i get home I have to sit on the steps because my legs STILL feel like jello...and when I'm in the steaming hot shower and I wish someone would wash my hair because my arms are tired lol
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sweating
    needing to catch my breath
    heart racing
    and feeling like the ground is still moving
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I can wring sweat out of my hand towel.
  • deidradean13
    Options
    I get that "airheadedness" too when I work out. Not only do I stare at the bottle of shampoo and conditioner, but I use them and forget. I have washed/conditioned my hair twice before and thought "Did I do this already? Oh well, I'll do it again!"

I also know when I've had a good workout when I can't move my legs anymore and I can barely keep my eyes open.
  • yamagirl19
    Options
    I feel like I worked my butt off. Dripping in sweat.... I get happy b/c I feel I made a great effort. I want to do it all again tomorrow. I feel better every time I do it,. I feel lighter and I can jump higher, run faster. Its a feel good deep down inside feeling and it becomes addictive. I don't feel like I am going to die but I feel energized.

I always hated working out and I hated the feeling of being out of breath. I dreaded having to go to the gym or down stairs to workout. All of a sudden your body craves the feeling. You work harder and yet it feels easier. It takes a while to get to this state but I promise when you get there, it's amazing.

I am still over weight but I am hoping to change that as I have just, after 10 years, started to like exercise. Find something you enjoy and something you can work towards. When you notice a difference in your fitness level, the rest is easy b/c then you want to fuel your body properly to keep up with your workouts.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Haha, when I'm not exactly sure how I got home from the gym. I also suffer from post workout ditziness. :)

I also know when I'm FEROCIOUSLY hungry just 10-20 minutes after.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    voracious hunger. oh and uber amounts of sweat, streaks of ...waterproof sunscreen, lol ew.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My "airheadedness" is a slack-jawed staring and an inability to take my sweaty sneakers off because it's too much effort for my FINGERS lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I feel as relaxed afterwards as a cat in a puddle of sunshine.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    When I feel really really high! and can't stop smiling :drinker:
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I don't sweat easily, so when I start dripping in sweat I know I must be doing good. Also, when I get back and feel like I haven't eaten in days!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    That I burn at least a 1000 calories in under 1 hour.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When my arms are so tired I can't take my sports bra off. I just have to bend forward and have my husband pull it off. Then I stumble off to the shower and he's left with a handful of sweaty bra.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When my 5-year-old says, "Mom, why is there a puddle on your shirt? Ewwww, gross!"
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    i feel it's not a workout unless I am sweating so much it looks like I just got out of a pool fully clothed and there isn't some part of my body that isn't sore
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Last night I did legs... by the time I was finished I couldnt stand...

Then when I got home I was cooking my steak and trying not to puke all over the kitchen floor :)

Now thats what I call a successful workout :D
  • goal262
    goal262 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'd have to say when I sweat too because normally I don't but also when I finished a power walk or run and I look at the mileage and see that I went a mile further than planned always lets me know I have exceeded and suceeded :-)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    When my legs feel like they're made of lead walking around afterwards.
    When I'm walking home from the gym and people give me funny looks because there's a huge puddle on my shirt and my face is red.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    A good workout is when I can wring sweat out of my t-shirt.

A GREAT workout is when I don't have to bother because it's dripping all on its own.

A GREAT upper-body workout is when it's a good thing it's dripping because I couldn't possibly wring it out with those rubbery things sticking out of my shoulders, and how in the hell am I going to get that t-shirt off to shower anyway?
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The truth be told....boob and crotch sweat peeling clothes off.......! And post shower....still sweating and cheeks are flushed!