What's your "telltale" sign of a great workout?

Options

Replies

• TheMissingSock
    Options
    when climbing into my Expedition in the gym parking lot feels like i'm about to scale a mountain.

also, when I get home, i pull my gross gym clothes out of my bag and toss them on top of the dryer. When I retrieve them the NEXT DAY, they are still soaked with sweat :)
  • SLippi
    SLippi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I either:
    A: Crawl up the stairs to start work
    B: Say screw it and work from the recliner.

I live in a townhouse apt and it has too many stairs most days....
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I walk out of the gym super sweaty and smiling. :)
  • NCSLPKathy
    NCSLPKathy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I feel as if I am at Death's Door... Can't go another step...tell myself that I am crazy for running another mile and then I do TWO more. Mind over Body! That is a great workout!!!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When my 5-year-old says, "Mom, why is there a puddle on your shirt? Ewwww, gross!"

This reminds me of when I came home after my very first Zumba class. My 4-year-old asked if I just took a shower because the back of my hair and neck were all wet.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    All of the above, but especially for me when I manage to get out of the sports bra (all 10 pounds of it full of sweat) and let the girls breathe ... ahhhh !
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    feeling like i'm going to throw up is usually a good sign for me.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    When I am dripping sweat from lifting

Dripping in sweat from riding the bike

Guy in the weight room said to me: "you're going to have to do that somewhere else, you're making my routine look bad"

(sees me doing squats for 20 minutes straight) "so, how many squats do you do?" "I warm up then do 5x5s" "wow, that's way more squats than I can do at one time" << came from a guy that I see squat about 1/4 way down consistently.

Accomplishing 7.0 run intervals on the treadmill

As gross as it may be, I do love sweating.

ETA: Also when I take the elevator at work instead of the stairs because I literally can't do one more step (workout right before work and usually do the stairmaster after lifting for about 15-20 min).
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    when i struggle through my last reps on every lift....
  • hlcook
    hlcook Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When my hair is dripping and I can't walk down the stairs without a serious death grip on the railings :)
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't use sweat as an indicator since my shirt is soaked regardless of intensity. So, here's my indicators:

Burning, bloodshot eyes
    Nausea
    Major muscle group fatigue that prohibits even simple tasks
    The urge to pee
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    For my cardio, it's when the clock finally runs out on the elliptical and I keep going for a bit because of the momentum and even though I'm tired and panting I can't quite stop.
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When my hair is dripping and I can't walk down the stairs without a serious death grip on the railings :)

^ This!

If I’m walking out of the gym on wobbly legs I know I have done it right.

This happened to me a few days ago at dragon boat training, I stepped out of the boat and my legs gave way so I got plunged into 12 degree water. I never would have though I could get wobbly legs from an upper body work out. I got wet, but it was awesome!
  • skittles8810
    Options
    Im an air head too when i workout hard ;)
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I workout at work while the little boy I watch is sleeping in the morning or while he is napping, and lately I've known it was a good workout when after he wakes up and wants me to get down on the floor to play with him, I have to sit on the couch and then slide onto the floor because my thighs and butt literally will not let me squat down anymore, haha. Also, when all those muscles are still sore the next day.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I'm about to die. Lol. >.>

Soaked with sweat, red face, barely able to catch my breath, and on the verge of muscles giving out - to be a bit more specific. I've definitely pushed myself to the point of nausea before... but I wouldn't recommend that. Not much fun. :P

Of course all the bad is inevitably washed away in the end when I get that high of endorphins and the pride I feel from doing something great for myself. :)
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I feel very relaxed and happy. Sometimes my muscles feel a little tender, but in a good way.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I am about to puke
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Can barely walk and have salt stains all over my shirt.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I also usually sweat during any type of moderate-intense exertion now, but when my forearms develop condensation, not a typically sweaty place, I know that I'm giving it 100%.

Also, bright pink cheeks that last for 30 minutes post-workout.