Embarrassed...

Options
I am very embarrassed of my binges and rarely put them on MFP because I don't want to know! I need friends who realize that we're only human and won't chastize me for mistakes, rather, they will congratulate me when I make milestones. Not that I'm saying I want a pushover. I need friends, HUMAN FRIENDS! ;)

Replies

• ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Heya :) I'm on here every day, feel free to add me. Don't feel embarrassed, we're all human and everyone slips up. Just start again the next day, don't give up!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This is why I have my diary private :). I like to stay in denial about my binges, but I made with myself that I'd log them and no one else would see. It's working so far, but it is really hard to watch the numbers turn red.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    just sent you a request, thrones. :)

i decided to open up my diary to the public so that i can stay accountable for what i do.
    look at my diary...do you think i really NEEDED to eat a cup of cookie crisp last night at like 10pm? NOPE! i shoulda gone to bed.

christina's right...we're all human, we all make mistakes, and really...a little extra once in awhile won't kill ya.

stay strong.

one thing i read on here once that REALLY struck me as a brilliant way to think of things...
    treat your calories like CASH. don't go and blow them on stuff you really won't be happy with. spend them wisely!
  • moocow91
    moocow91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you see that I haven't completed my last three food diaries? It's because I've binged. It happens. I'm trying to make it not happen.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I am very embarrassed of my binges and rarely put them on MFP because I don't want to know! I need friends who realize that we're only human and won't chastize me for mistakes, rather, they will congratulate me when I make milestones. Not that I'm saying I want a pushover. I need friends, HUMAN FRIENDS! ;)

At the risk of being harsh, well, I'm going to.

'We're only human."

The longer you consider being a human being to mean being inherently flawed, damaged or whatever, you will not only avoid being chastised for your mistakes but you will give yourself permission to circumvent your ultimate goals.

I am human, which is why I am even on here trying to improve myself. Not because I am flawed, but because I have literally smothered my inherent greatness.

By my OWN actions, by my OWN choices, by my OWN neglect and intent.

So enjoy yourselif, live your life but remember that you are in control of yourself and you don't have to answer to anyone here, but you always have to answer to yourself. My diary is open, and if I *kitten* up, damn right every calorie will be there. Not for others, but for me.
  • JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    Options

'We're only human."

The longer you consider being a human being to mean being inherently flawed, damaged or whatever, you will not only avoid being chastised for your mistakes but you will give yourself permission to circumvent your ultimate goals.

I am human, which is why I am even on here trying to improve myself. Not because I am flawed, but because I have literally smothered my inherent greatness.

So enjoy yourselif, live your life but remember that you are in control of yourself and you don't have to answer to anyone here, but you always have to answer to yourself. My diary is open, and if I *kitten* up, damn right every calorie will be there. Not for others, but for me.

You are absolutely right! I by no means wanted that to be an excuse, I apologize if that is what it looked like!
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi..I get where u are coming from. Ii have had days where I justcouldnt bear to log everything because i know I went overboard. That being said last Friday I ate horribly and still put it in...seeing all those calories in black and white is helping me curtail more bad meals sfeel free to add me..I am on everyday!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    The whole point of logging is so that you DO know. If you aren't going to use the sight the way it is suppose to and stay in denial, then maybe the sight isn't for you. Just sayin. I want friends who are honest, with me AND with themselves. MFP doesn't work without complete honesty.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Your body keeps a log, even if you don't, is one way I heard it described here.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

'We're only human."

Well said.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I don't peek into my friends diaries. And I have my settings so that when I finish logging for the day, it doesn't show up in the news feed. But my diary is open to my friends.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, thankfully I have really great, supportive friends on here!
  • JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    Options
    The embarrassment was only temporary, logging every cheat now and it's still below my goal!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have dreadful issues with binge eating, and bulimia and know the struggles and the unhappiness and frustration that tends to come after.
    Happy for anyone to add me that is experiencing issues with binge eating and the feelings that go with it.
    I consider myself a supportive friend and I am very human and open.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The embarrassment was only temporary, logging every cheat now and it's still below my goal!

Ha! Quit being so hard on yourself. I agree though that I do find my eating habits to be somewhat personal but I am trying to make myself accountable and it seems to be working, I very seldom go over my calories and I am ashamed when I do.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Log those binges! It will help and they will get less and less if you promise just to log them.

If someone is a jerk to you, delete them.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    We all have set backs & everyday living hurdles that can be roadblocks. Many of us were raised if something hurt you fixed it by comfort food like a cookie. Those habits carried into our adulthood. Be honest with yourself. What is causing these binges? Stress? Family issues? Whatever it maybe plan ahead when you get the urge to binge. I grab the dogs and go for a walk, call a friend, put in a Zumba DVD, Leslie Samsone Walking tape, to name a few. It will pass. Reach out to the supporters on this site. Many of us have or do walk down the binge path on occasion. Check into the groups available by states, ages, 100+ to loss, runners, find one that will motivate you. When you change the behavior your results of weight loss will come. Be patient & kind to yourself. Good luck in your weight loss.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    You can add me! I sometimes binge but that's okay!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me...i use to do the same thing. I hated logging bad days so wouldnt. lol but it makes it better having friends because well we all have bad days because we are people who like tasty things lol.. as long as we recover we are okay
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I wont go off bout binge, but i will if you net 400 calories a day.

binge eating ISNT all that bad, it refocuses your motivation and resets your journey.