100 push ups

Options
So I want to start this next week as a challenge to myself...

To be honest, I don't even know if I can do one proper push up! I usually do them from my knees...

Questions are:

1) When doing a true push up, does your chest touch the floor?

2) Anyone else want to friend me and take on the challenge starting next week? I am planning to do it Monday Wednesday Friday.

Let me know!

Oh and for a frame of reference, I am 5'7" - 164 pounds and I have been doing EA Active workouts for 4 months 4 days a week and am halfway through 30 day shred. So I am not a weakling, but I am also not sure how my muscles involved in push ups will do!

Replies

• embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    No takers?
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'll try it with you...are you trying to do 100 pushups a day or a week?
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will also join ur challenge
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in this challenge too. I can do like 20 now so 100 is gonna be hard.

To me, a standard push up is arms under shoulders with elbows a little close to the body when you come down. When I come down my chest does touch the floor. I keep my core and butt tight too.

Oh yeah and to add when your chest hits the floor, don't rest it there.
  • embclark
    Options
    Look up 100 push up online... It is a 6 week program that helps you build up to 100. Before ou start ou do need to test out how many pushups you can o in a row without dying... I think I will do this tomorrow and export back on my pathetic number!

Wish me luck!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.
    I have not finished this challenge but started it twice.

1st time only 6 real and 10 on my knees back in 09.
    I know now I can do 15-20 at a time standard push-up.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    where is this 100 push ups?
  • dmtate67
    dmtate67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've gone the the 100pushups.com site a couple of times and it won't let me sign up. I enter my email address and click "Sign Up Now" and absolutely nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • dmtate67
    dmtate67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks.
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I'll start sometime this weekend.. and friending you. :)
  • embclark
    Options
    So.... I could only do 4 and honestly I couldn't even go down all the way! So we'll call them "modified"!

But yesterday I did day 1 and finished with 17 "modified" push ups. I was disappointed in myself until today when my stomached and back are soooo sore. So that means I worked new muscles! Yay me!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread that I did a search for. I like this 100 push ups idea!!! I'm doing other weight training programs and have a lot of goals at once, so I am going to include this, at the pace that works for me.