What time is dinner time?

Options

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Between 5-8pm, depending on the day. Closer to 5 during the week, but weekends are different as we are usually hiking/biking/doing something crazy and we snack during that time and nobody wants dinner til late. Wha time i eat has had no effect on my weight loss.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I eat at 8-9pm when in my own home, even as late as 10pm if I have been in a bad mood earlier.
    Usually around 6-7pm when staying with my mother.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Dinner between 11:30pm - 00:30 am. Then dessert and snacks over the next 2 hours, then bed. Been that way for the last year.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Eating at a certain time for weight loss is a total myth that's been debunked many, many times. Most of Europe eats after 7pm, and they don't have the obesity problems that America does. It's not when you eat; it's how it balances out with the rest of your day.

I get hungry for dinner around 6/6:30, probably because that's when my family always ate when I was a kid. But my boyfriend's family always eats late. And when I say late, I mean his mother doesn't even start cooking until 7:30 usually, so when she's here we always eat around 9. So when he cooks, it's on a similar schedule. Drives me crazy, because I get hungry at my time, eat a snack, and then am not as hungry for my actual dinner. Usually I aim for around 7, as a good compromise.
  • Shann5315
    Shann5315 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It does matter what time you eat depending on what time you go to bed. You shouldnt really be eating after 7/7.30. Your body needs time to digest your food, otherwise say if your eating at 10 and u go to bed straight after that food digests and is stored as fat!!.

My partner is a personal trainer and he also sticks by that rule, no food after 7.30.

I have been sticking to that and training 3 days a week for half an hour doing set days such as Monday= leg day, Tuesday= Whole body etc.

I hope this helped

Shann xx
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a house with early dinners. We eat between 5:30 and 6:00.. if I have a good dinner, I don't really snack...
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It is usually 630 for me as I cant workout till after DH gets home.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    As soon as 5:00pm hits I am ready to start the cooking.
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    Any ol' time :) used to do the six small meals and freak out when I'd miss meals but since I stopped I've noticed no difference just less stress :D
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Whats works for you?

I'm usually hungry by 5pm because I lift at midday 3x a week and I'm out like a light by 9pm. The older I get, the earlier I sleep. :laugh:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Depends on my work schedule...anytime between 6pm and midnight...
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Between 6 and 7, depending on when I get home from work. Usually closer to 6. I don't generally eat anything after dinner, so when I wake up in the morning, I am super ready for breakfast!
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    depend on when I have time to eat anywhere from 9pm to midnight
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,576 Member
    Options
    It's usually between 8-9pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ladyartichoke
    Options
    I work 9-6 so don't even get home until almost 7. We eat around 830-9 usually, depending on what we're cooking (when I say we I mean my SO really)
  • changejen2013
    Options
    Typically between 5pm and 6:30pm.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,576 Member
    Options
    It does matter what time you eat depending on what time you go to bed. You shouldnt really be eating after 7/7.30. Your body needs time to digest your food, otherwise say if your eating at 10 and u go to bed straight after that food digests and is stored as fat!!.
    If you're at calorie deficit at the end of the day REGARDLESS of the time you finish dinner, you don't accumulate fat. This is an OLD MYTH that never dies.
    My partner is a personal trainer and he also sticks by that rule, no food after 7.30.
    Then he's educated by broscience. Time to actually pick up actual peer reviewed clinical studies and learn the actual truth.
    I have been sticking to that and training 3 days a week for half an hour doing set days such as Monday= leg day, Tuesday= Whole body etc.

I hope this helped

Shann xx
    Andecdotes aren't evidence, but ALL of my clients don't diet and eat dinner at various late times and lose weight.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you're at calorie deficit at the end of the day REGARDLESS of the time you finish dinner, you don't accumulate fat. This is an OLD MYTH that never dies.

Then he's educated by broscience. Time to actually pick up actual peer reviewed clinical studies and learn the actual truth.

Andecdotes aren't evidence, but ALL of my clients don't diet and eat dinner at various late times and lose weight.

IDEA Fitness member

Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about and has been around for a while.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Normally between 6-7. It takes me about an hour to get home from work.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Around 8:30 pm-ish. I don't get home till 6 and I work out in the evenings. Dinner is always late!