The Big Guys 6'3" and up!

Options

Replies

• LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love this thread for so many reasons - here are two of them: Big guys. 6'3 and up. Best thread ever! :-)
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    @danmcgarrigle

Keep going, sweetie. We don't want to lose you or anyone else around here. Please take care of yourself.

That's why I'm here, I'm losing weight with the help of doctors and a dietician.

I have a GI issue that nearly killed me in sept of '09. The ER doc was amazed that I drove myself in to the hospital and told me I should have called 911. I spent 4 days in the hospital under infection precautions, best part was that meant my own room :happy: I am prone to infection in my colon and have built up a good amount of scar tissue from it. I now go to one of the best hospital networks in the world and it has made a huge difference. When I went from 380 to 290 I did it in bed in about 4 months, because I was on so many anti-biotics and in so much pain I was taking a lot of pain medication as well, and even taking a lot of percocet the only thing that would make the pain go away was not eating for 3-4 days, so I would regularly go 4-7 days without any food and my longest stretch was 10 days. I was losing 3 lbs a day at one point. This of course lead to my gall bladder going bad and had emergency surgery the day before thanksgiving 2011. I had gall stones in my pancreas and liver as well. Not a fun time. I was so sick for so long that I had trouble holding down jobs, if I could find one.

I've changed my lifestyle and have a very limited diet. I still get rather exquisite pain, but it isn't constant and everyday like it was, now it's 2-3 days a month after I eat something that didn't agree with me. Still even normal gas is enough to cause me a great deal of pain. Stress is my biggest trigger though. I haven't had an infection in well over 2 years now, and it was about once every 5-6 months before, going all the way back to about 2004-5

Thanks though. I plan to be around for a long time now. I'm 33 and am tired of missing out on life because of an illness the docs can't quite put their finger on.

Gotta go, it's time for the gym :smile:
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow, Dan. You are a tough guy to have been through all of that! I'm glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself. A friend of mine went through a GI issue that nearly killed her. Actually, it was because of antibiotics. She had dental surgery (they gave her antibiotics), and then a couple of weeks later, she got sick (Z-Pak). It ended up killing all of her good bacteria, and she had to get part of her lower intestine taken out and a colostomy bag put in for a year. After seeing her go through that, I have great sympathy for anyone that suffers with major GI issues. (And now I always take probiotics if I have to take antibiotics just as a precaution!!)

I hope the docs find out what's going on with you. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Good luck, and if you ever need support, you can always friend me.
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    Wow, Dan. You are a tough guy to have been through all of that! I'm glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself. A friend of mine went through a GI issue that nearly killed her. Actually, it was because of antibiotics. She had dental surgery (they gave her antibiotics), and then a couple of weeks later, she got sick (Z-Pak). It ended up killing all of her good bacteria, and she had to get part of her lower intestine taken out and a colostomy bag put in for a year. After seeing her go through that, I have great sympathy for anyone that suffers with major GI issues. (And now I always take probiotics if I have to take antibiotics just as a precaution!!)

I hope the docs find out what's going on with you. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Good luck, and if you ever need support, you can always friend me.

Yeah, I have two close relatives that have had all or most of their colon removed because of diverticulitis, my aunt had the bag for only a few months and she has been "reconnected" and my other aunt just had hers taken out, but due to her age I think she is stuck with the bag for the rest of her life (she's my great aunt actually) and one of my mom's cousins, if I do the math right I'm not sure exactly where they fall on the family tree had crohn's and had a good portion of his colon removed as well. We've gone down the list and eliminated all the diseases and all I have so far in terms of an answer is "unexplained inflammation" gee thanks, and a "eh, we'll just call it IBS since it isn't anything else we can find" that was very frustrating for me, and having to get a bag is one of the scariest things I could imagine having to go through and it is a big part of my motivation. The new doctors haven't been able to give me a better answer but they seem to be focused more on over all health rather than taking a quick look at my GI stuff and shrugging their shoulders.

Anyway I should have left a while ago, the cardio is calling me
  • aliemmar
    Options
    Yeah bro !! i am 6'3 !! pretty big !! :P so ima add u !!
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    6'3" guy
    start weight : 322
    current weight: : 267
    aiming for : 210

Hi big fellas and ladies who like big fellas!
    Been using this site for a few weeks after hitting a plateau and I'd like to say what a big help it's been hearing from others in the same situation as me. Never dieted before and I've never been on this kind of message board but you guys must be the kindest , most supportive group around. Thank you all for your support and care for each other.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    6' 5" and currently 290ish, started at 350. Need to get another 40lbs off and then have another look at it! FR sent bud!
  • lee_ramsell83
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm 6' 3" and currently at 230lbs, aiming to be around 190-200lbs.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!
    I think there are quite a few of us now :blushing: *fans face while reading more stats*
  • Book_A_Boom
    Book_A_Boom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined looking to network and get motivated!!! I turned 30 earlier this month and im 6'4" and 300lbs! Feel free to add me :)
  • charlene1873
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

lol great comment
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ this...

Please carry on I want to add you all...
  • Lacrimablu
    Lacrimablu Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Amen. Where are all you hot TALL single men in my day to day life?!
    I know right? the girls are gonna take over this thread as soon as it catches on!!!! lol... ok carry on tall big strong men!!!

I too like tall guys. Always have and I am 5'4'' Fell free to add me as your friend if you need extra support (Am single too) :)
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So close didnt make the cut :'( 6'2 here
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    6'3" Here starting weight 162kg (357 pounds) current weight 142kg (313 pounds) goal weight of 100kg (220) started losing weight by lifting (so glad I started like that) and am now fit enough to be playing basketball 3 nights a week as well.

Kind of new to the forums so feel free to add me anyone MFP is working wonders so far.
  • Victory_or_Death
    Victory_or_Death Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    6'4" at 316 this morning.... I could sure use some guy friends who know how it feels to be where I am now, and who have been successful in changing their lives.
  • timkane46
    timkane46 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'5" and when I hit 385 I knew it was time for change. I lost over 100 by going to a nutritionist and learning how to eat. After that I joined the gym and lost more. I maintain myself from 228-232 now, still going to the gym 3-4 days a week and at 47 I am in better shape then I was a 27. I have been using MFP for a few months and it's a great tool. Stick with it fella's it can be done

20002013.jpg
  • andthenwhatjen
    andthenwhatjen Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Right there with ya! This could be my new favorite... :)
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Feel free to Friend ME... I'm 6ft 5in, broad shouldered from southern UK.... My weight has gone up and down all my life, now 43... But I've always been 'fit', trouble is when you're tall is that when you pile on the pounds it doesn't really notice, until you are really overweight....

I am aiming to get down to my normal weight of 224 lb... I'm currently 261 lb... See my profile.... The lowest I've ever been was 196 when I was in my early to mid 20's.... everyone said I looked too thin... and I did... That was after going up to around 308 lbs (my largest ever and never been again)...

Keep on going tall and big lads... Lets get 'well built'... We can take over the world! LOL :-)

PS. I hate having to fly club class, cos' airlines have seats so short for legs and other places that are designed for short arses etc...
  • rachelmcc8
    rachelmcc8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 6"4... But female, can I still join?