The Big Guys 6'3" and up!

Options
Where all my sasquatch brothers at? I joined MFP 40 days ago and since then I lost 35 lbs. and 10 before that. I want a larger support group of buddies like myself to kick this fat in the butt. I have 100 more pounds to lose and I want em as close to gone as i can get them by this christmas. Who is with me?!

Replies

• MrFreeway
    MrFreeway Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lets go bro, im 6'3 on the dot and when i first joined mfp i quit within a week because I lacked dedication. I recently logged back on after months off and im down 12pds. Im ready. We will hold one another accountable, that way we both will feed of of each other. We will have this convo again around christmas and we both will be lighter, faster, stronger!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    6'3" here man - add me if u like
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    6'3" - My max weight was about 320+ pounds. I have been on MFP about 1 month.

19221301.png
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    6'5" started at 260 in January using a different tracking app. Been on MFP for around 50 days and love it but would also like some guys going through similar struggles and pains. I'm definitely dedicated and have lost about 45 lbs since January and like to encourage others as they work towards their goals. Please feel free to add me.

I gotta lose about 12-15 lbs left to lose and then will be focusing on putting on muscle.
  • beeficus
    beeficus Posts: 6
    Options
    Who thinks that 100 more pounds in 7 months is doable? I personally have my doubts, but I wanna get as close as I can.
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been running a 1,000 calorie deficit and working out just about everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. P90X mornings, runs at night. I've lost 45 lbs in about 4 months, but I spent two or three weeks taking it easy with broken ribs (skiing accident) and severe sprained ankle (basketball). My Dr. must love and hate me because I get hurt and have to pay to see him, but dont really rest and take it easy like he wants me to. Ha ha

All that to say, yes its possible, but you have work hard and literally work your rear off.
  • jumpshotxpert
    Options
    Hey, I'm right at the 6'3" mark! hah. I'm back to the grind of getting beach ready, I'd like to drop roughly 20-25 lbs to get to my ideal weight of 190 lbs about. I was at 212 on tuesday, but I hadn't started my dieting yet and was probably full of water weight because of high sodium. I would say I'm about 206-208 as of now, started the pure cardio insanity disk from a friend who let me borrow it until my insanity program arrives tomorrow. That session of the insanity program is just like the name, "Insane"! My fiance and I will be doing it together, which is great motivation to continue through. Anyways, add me and I can try and motivate others!
  • dunkah
    dunkah Posts: 9
    Options
    6'7" 380 here.

I started trying to be healthier in May 2010 when I hit 440. I leveled out where I am at in Sept of last year, but am trying to get back in the swing of things again. Joined MFP recently to help keep me honest.

I'm sure 100 lbs in 7 months is doable, but I bet that would be pretty intense.
  • WJS83
    WJS83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    192cm (just over 6'3") & 123Kg (271lbs)

Been on MFP around 6 weeks.

I think you'd be able to do it - I've been losing around 4.5lbs a week on average on a 1500cal diet and only light exercise.

Having said that it looks to come off faster at the beginning.

Have a physical test for a new job coming up & knees arent so good so taking it easy on the running until after that.
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!
  • bond0007
    bond0007 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im 6'3 245lb. Looking to get down to under 200. Feel free to add me as well. Always looking for others with similar stats/goals
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    6'5" and 392lbs here. There's a couple of groups on here you might want to check out too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4270-the-royal-order-of-middle-aged-fat-men

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4094-the-big-men

Lots of support here
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

Amen. Where are all you hot TALL single men in my day to day life?!
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    6'6" here. Started at 312 and currently down to 246. Feel free to add me and be sure to check out the groups posted above
  • nursedb
    Options

Amen. Where are all you hot TALL single men in my day to day life?!
    I know right? the girls are gonna take over this thread as soon as it catches on!!!! lol... ok carry on tall big strong men!!!
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options

Ditto. Lol.
  • tiffanic83
    Options
    LOL this might be what I am doing too right now :P
  • tiffanic83
    Options
    So that being said... the big girls want some support too! Good to luck everyone. We all start somewhere. I have been here a week and its seems really helpful.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am looking at losing mine in the next 18 months. It's not a race. When you get to the end you need to have practiced a lifestyle that you are comfortable with for the rest of your life. I can eat and exercise like I am right now forever. I'm comfortable and happy. I've done the yo-yo thing. I'm trying a little different speed this time.

That being said, you seem to be having remarkable success with the methods you are using right now. Not many people can drop weight at that rate for more than a week or two. Congrats on your success
  • nursedb
    Options
    So that being said... the big girls want some support too! Good to luck everyone. We all start somewhere. I have been here a week and its seems really helpful.
    you go girl!!!! YAAAAHHHH! It's awesome here....!!!! Ok I told you men we were taking over....I think you're starting to get outnumbered....get going!!!