The Big Guys 6'3" and up!

Options

Replies

• InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

Hahaha yep, I've been lurking too. Wish there were more tall guys in my town :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Who thinks that 100 more pounds in 7 months is doable? I personally have my doubts, but I wanna get as close as I can.

It has been done. But...
    What's the big rush? You likely didn't gain all 100 pounds in seven months. It's a life thing.
    Oh yeah, I'm 6'3"
    Good luck, and never quit.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Another light shade basher here, 6' 3" with a haircut - started weighing at 290 (was bigger), down to 216 over 15 months. 100 over 7 months is probably do-able but probably not advised, unless for medical reasons. Take a bit more time, to give your skin the time to retract. Whatever you decide - good luck !
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    6'5'' and 287lb when I started.

I'm still 6'5'' tall :wink: but now I only weigh 244lb :happy: Goal weight is 210lb for now. Will re-assess when I get there.

Feel free to add me if you like
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    6'3, I was almost 500 lbs. I been told I carry it well. Even at my heaviest everyone told me I looked 350-400. I am in no rush to lose it. I been at it for over 2 years now. To me the exercising and healthier eating is just the way of life now. I plan to keep going even when I reach my goal. Shooting for 200-220. Somewhere in that range.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    6'3" here and have about 105 to lose. Correction that i want to lose. So i'm in too.

Started a week ago, already feel the difference in better eating and more excercise. My end goal is 205 or maybe less once I get there. Depends upon how i feel and look at that level.
  • alfiona22
    Options
    Good job!!! you can do it!!:love:
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am looking at losing mine in the next 18 months. It's not a race. When you get to the end you need to have practiced a lifestyle that you are comfortable with for the rest of your life. I can eat and exercise like I am right now forever. I'm comfortable and happy. I've done the yo-yo thing. I'm trying a little different speed this time.

That being said, you seem to be having remarkable success with the methods you are using right now. Not many people can drop weight at that rate for more than a week or two. Congrats on your success

I think what you said is key. Some of these guys are getting great results. I'm doing something I can sustain for the rest of my life.

Big guy here but only 6'1". I started at 255 and am trying to reach 185.
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    6'3" here starting weight was 270, curret weight 185, Defining and kicking the last 5lbs
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

Amen. Where are all you hot TALL single men in my day to day life?!

Any time I see a big/tall guy post I read it. I aways dated average to short guys with a medium build until I met my finacee 3 years ago. He is 6ft 5in and 311 lbs (now he was 347 in Jan). I like to see the issues other guys have to face with this build.
    By the way I could never date an average guys again!
  • DaveA73
    DaveA73 Posts: 4
    Options
    6'3" here reporting in. I was 295 back in Oct of last year. Now I am down to 283 and have just found this site a few days ago. Feel free to add as friend.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am 6'5" and my max weight was 380 and I have been working on it for a couple years now during bursts of motivation and periods of maintenance. My first goal is to reach the 100lb loss mark which is very close! Then to get down to 250 and see how I look and feel and then possibly down to 230 for the final goal.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Where all my sasquatch brothers at? I joined MFP 40 days ago and since then I lost 35 lbs. and 10 before that. I want a larger support group of buddies like myself to kick this fat in the butt. I have 100 more pounds to lose and I want em as close to gone as i can get them by this christmas. Who is with me?!

Another big man here (getting smaller hopefully). 6'3" 270 (and falling). Welcome aboard the train! Add me if you want to. I have some good MFP buds who are big guys......
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I approve of this thread :flowerforyou:
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been running a 1,000 calorie deficit and working out just about everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. P90X mornings, runs at night. I've lost 45 lbs in about 4 months, but I spent two or three weeks taking it easy with broken ribs (skiing accident) and severe sprained ankle (basketball). My Dr. must love and hate me because I get hurt and have to pay to see him, but dont really rest and take it easy like he wants me to. Ha ha

All that to say, yes its possible, but you have work hard and literally work your rear off.

Love the dedication! Yes, Virginia it is possible to work your *kitten* off (or break it, if you aren't careful):laugh: :laugh:
  • jow129
    jow129 Posts: 2
    Options
    Always up for a challenge . Just joined , lookjng for new ideas on work outs , fitness and food . Looking to lose 90lbs in a year .
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!! 6"3 and 275. Just started Monday. I have lost 22lbs on my own. It was more,but then I met a young lady and her bad habits ended up sucking me in. I know, have to be stronger. I am looking at losing 50lbs by mid September. It is the next time I will be going home to see all my family and would love to surprise them. I am always looking for new workouts and recipes. Lets kick some fat fellas!!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great post for us tall women to lurk in :happy:
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Big Foot reporting in from The Midwest...

6'4" with a starting weight (on here at least) of 363... down 17 pounds in three weeks as of last Tuesday when I weighed in.

Anyone can feel free to add me.

There is also a group on here titled The Big Men that you may want to check out.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'2" here, checking out the big tall men too :blushing: