Replies

• SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i have not gotten the invite yet?
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused about what a "good form" sit up is. Is your lower back supposed to come off the floor? If only your upper back is coming off the floor then I can do a huge number -- so many I figure I must be doing something wrong. Any advice?
  • lulumar821
    lulumar821 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will give it a go also!!!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused about what a "good form" sit up is. Is your lower back supposed to come off the floor? If only your upper back is coming off the floor then I can do a huge number -- so many I figure I must be doing something wrong. Any advice?

This is what they say:

It's important to focus on working the abdominal muscles and not the hips and also to keep your chin off your chest. The lower back should not leave the floor which will make the curl up an effective isolation exercise for the abdominals.

Once you've reached the 35 degree position, HOLD FOR ONE OR TWO SECONDS before gently lowering yourself to the floor. Inhale on the way down and repeat. Focus on natural, rhythmic breathing as you continue to perform the exercise.
  • gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am IN.....yes!
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did the initial test yesterday and did 20 - I talked my husband into doing the challenge too, and he was able to do around 30. We're going to start on day 1 this evening -- hope we survive!
  • simplejen83
    Options
    Sounds good, I'm in!!
  • JLynnB
    JLynnB Posts: 6
    Options
    My sister is participating so I decided to as well!! There is an awesome iPhone app that Im using and I can innitially do 50 :0) I can't wait to do my second set today!!
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to join also. I'll do test tonight or in the morning. Got the Android app also :)
  • cadynappi
    cadynappi Posts: 63
    Options
    Starting tomorrow
  • tamaraleighsmith
    Options
    I am in. First day on the sight, and looking for som immediate motivation. Starting May 3. will post starting info and updates as I go. Let me know how it goes for you!
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Have I missed any new people? Is everyone in the group?!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Did my 3 day and abs not hurting. I must be doing something wrong.
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Have I missed any new people? Is everyone in the group?!

I didn't realize there was a group forming. You can add me. I just finished week 1. I could barely do 5 on my initial test :embarassed: and this morning I did a total of 40! What an amazing feeling of accomplishment. :happy: