SERIOUSLY, eat more! I did, and look what happened! (pics)

Options
14567810»

Replies

• wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    thanks for you post. I totally agree with you. I started with 1200 calories, but the weight just didn't seem to come off, so after reading lots of forums on here, firstly i upped it to 1350 and lost a few pounds then i upped it again to 1454 and weight just seems to be falling off and the great thing i never feel hungry.
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To the OP (haven't read the whole thread): Thanks for posting -- you've performed a great service to the MFP community!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I can't thank you enough. I'm SO nervous about starting this whole eating more to lose more thing. I started on 800 cal a day (plus burnt around 300 a day with exercise). I got to the weight I wanted but now it's hard to maintain and I've been so sceptical about this.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Cant. Agree. More.

I "stalled out" for 5-6 months. I was eating 1700 calories a day, working off 1000+ HRM calories a day. I would workout 6 days a week at the gym- mostly strength training and some cardio. NO weight loss!!! My muscles look great though!

I upped my calories to 2100 and it started coming off again!!! Putting more food into your mouth I thought "I am going to gain so much weight from eating this" but then...it came off!!! It is hard to wrap your head around at first but it is so worth it.

On a side note: I don't think its a good idea to up calories and not work out. I also think you have to watch what kind of calories you eat. I noticed that if I eat a lot of high sugar or high fat food it stalls me out again. With the holiday this past week I haven't lost anything, actually gained a little...bad food is to blame. :)

Amazing Job!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Beautiful beautiful beautiful, in all of them but do you know what I love the most? The fact you've realised you don't need to know the number on a scale to be happy in yourself and you CAN eat and lose weight, this is the right way to go so well done!:)

I was like you also, except I wasn't trying to lose weight. I have suffered with anorexia from the age of six, and a few years ago I started forcing myself to throw up. I'd gain so easily, an apple one day and the next the scale had gone up by a pound, logically I knew this wasn't REAL weight but it's hard to tell yourself it's not real when the number's staring back at you. I'd refuse to drink water during my worst stages for pure fear that I'd get fat from it. I honestly have no idea how I managed to pass all my exams because I wasn't in class much because I couldn't concentrate and had no energy to even get out of bed or shower. I have damaged my body, I can't have children and I'm sick without forcing myself to throw up. It doesn't what I eat, or how much I eat, how much sleep or exercise I get, I feel faint 24/7, something I didn't experience as much during anorexia. It's weird though, I eat 2000+ and I can still lose from it and I don't fret over drinking a bottle of water when I'm thirsty, I enjoy it and remember it's helping my body:)

I worry about people not eating, on here, my friends going on diets, my family, it scares me because I don't want anyone to go through this, it hurts too much. Seriously though, you're beautiful, keep this mindset because it will take you to where you want to go the right way:) Take care xxx
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ummm, my life story!

THANKS FOR POSTING <3
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know this is kinda old, but I was googling around for help since I made the stupid decision to eat 800 calories, and I came across this thread.

After just 1.5 days, I already felt like **** (physically). Chest pain. Slight dizziness (when I drove earlier today *sigh*). I felt so weak when I tried to do some strength training today. I was okay emotionally or whatever, I didn't feel mentally tired, so to speak... but physically, I felt like trash.

Never doing that ever again. I went from eating about 1,200 to 720-800. I'm giving myself permission (as sad as that sounds) to eat a pate chaud (hot pastry pie) at the moment to get in some more calories for the day. I feel a bit more energetic right now. Emotionally or whatever, although I felt ok earlier, strangely I do feel even more alert.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize but... I guess the only reason I stayed at 143 pounds for ages was because... although I ate about 1,200 before.. it was all just junk, processed foods =\ Bleh, now I know a lot better.

With that said, I really like this post.. I'm glad you shared this with us, OP. I'd rather look fit and healthy as a whole than just.. skinny.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great!

Well done to you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!