What gets you up out of bed?

Options
My husband keeps telling me that I may as well not get up out of bed in the morning to exercise, or count my calories, because I am just going to give it up and gain all the weight back. When my alarm goes off at 5 am for me to get up and exercise, on those days that I just want to stay all cozy in bed, I hear him say that. I practically jump out of bed to get downstairs and work out. What does it for you?

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Usually a baby crying to get out of bed and feed her. :wink:
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't get out of bed until my bladder feels like it's going to burst.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Usually a baby crying to get out of bed and feed her. :wink:
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Here is a flower and a coffee mug for you!
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Cause I wont get a paycheck if I dont get up .
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My dogs get me out of bed, generally between 6:15 and 6:30. They believe if they are not fed before 7am, they will become gremlins. :D

Don't let your hubby get you down - do what you need to do for yourself and your well-being.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    My dogs get me out of bed, generally between 6:15 and 6:30. They believe if they are not fed before 7am, they will become gremlins. :D

Don't let your hubby get you down - do what you need to do for yourself and your well-being.
    It doesn't get me down. I have started... and stopped...and started.... and stopped several times.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My 19 month old chanting "hi, hiiiii hi! Hi? Hi-hi-hi.... Stuck!"
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    duplicate..
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    My 19 month old chanting "hi, hiiiii hi! Hi? Hi-hi-hi.... Stuck!"

That is cute. My 4 year old gets stuck on mommy, mommy, mmmmooooommmy, mom, mom, mommy
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The thought of getting up, beating traffic to work and workout in gym onsite is better than staying in bed and doubling my time to get to work & get no workout done till night.
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The alarm on my phone. I leave it in another room which requires that I actually get out of bed and walk to turn it off. By then, I'm awake enough to get going.

My motivation is to reach my potential as a person. I have drastically changed my diet and increased the amount of exercise I'm getting, as a lifestyle change - not a weight loss program. I am looking for better health and a more productive life, so this lifestyle change doesn't end after the weight comes off. It is a redefining of who I am.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    getting to step on the scale
  • pandavamp
    Options
    Going to college :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I don't get out of bed until my bladder feels like it's going to burst.
    QFT.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My roommates...
  • Charityjoy1987
    Options
    Knowing its another day and how blessed we are to have this time in life to enjoy it! try sitting on the edge of bed and jumping up real high that gets the heart going in the moring making it easier to get going.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My Alarm Clock....

I have my morning gym routine. I set it all out the night before. SInce I already have it ready to go... makes it easy to get going.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    My roommates...

do they all have abs like those?
    maybe i need to move in.
  • RedFeffer
    RedFeffer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The excitement of getting on the scale and seeing a smaller number!! I practically jump out of bed! :)
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My roommates...

do they all have abs like those?
    maybe i need to move in.

.... well as they're girls :laugh: