Can't seem to eat enough calories!

Options
I guess I'm supposed to try to eat 1200 calories per day, but unless I throw in a lot of junk food.. I can't get there! I'm on the Body by Vi diet and so far, the most I've been able to eat (of healthy stuff) and including the Vi shakes is about 750 calories per day. I'm getting notices that I'm not eating enough and I won't lose weight without eating more. I don't want to be so stuffed that I'm miserable. Anyone have any ideas? And is it OK to NOT eat that much food in a day?

Replies

• ecb1990
    ecb1990 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am curious as to what you are eating - I cant seem to eat few enough calories!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? Are you logging every bite that goes into your mouth? Most people vastly underestimate their calorie intake.

If you really are eating only 750 calories a day, no, that is not okay by any means, you are starving yourself and damaging your body.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Get off the Body by Vi and eat real food. Seriously.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You've got 43lb to lose so I assume at some point in your past this wasn't an issue for you. Have a think back at what you used to do then and i'm sure you will work out some ways of upping the cals.

Best wishes.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    eat more of what you eat already
    ditch the FF and low cal stuff and go for the gold!
    lol
  • sdgilliam8
    Options
    It's not that hard! Nuts, full fats cheeses, full fat dressing, protein shakes/bars, etc. There are plenty of ways you can add calories without eating junk.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Yep
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Check out Everyday Food magazine or website for recipe ideas that are easy to log.

Eat clean.

Fruit, nuts, veggies, yogurt, an apple with peanut butter. All make great snacks. :)

You should not have trouble meeting your calorie goals.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Yep

Oh I forgot I have a boobie picture up. Happy boobie Friday.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm supposed to try to eat 1200 calories per day, but unless I throw in a lot of junk food.. I can't get there! I'm on the Body by Vi diet and so far, the most I've been able to eat (of healthy stuff) and including the Vi shakes is about 750 calories per day. I'm getting notices that I'm not eating enough and I won't lose weight without eating more. I don't want to be so stuffed that I'm miserable. Anyone have any ideas? And is it OK to NOT eat that much food in a day?

And you got overweight how?
  • Pinocchio1977
    Pinocchio1977 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with sdgilliam8- I incorporate the shakes/bars and lots of fruit and it amps up my calories without the junk...
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options

Yep
    yep
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat some food. Food contains, protein, fat, carbs, vitamins and minerals. You should try it. Ditch the 'Body by Vi' bollocks.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about that Body by Vi, but peanut butter, avocados, nuts of (mostly) all kinds are all high in calories and good fat that are good for your body. I eat extra apples and bananas when I'm hungry because they have more calories than veggies, and are also satisfying.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    eat more calorie dense foods, avocado, chocolate covered almonds, full fat cheese, protein shakes, olive oil or coconut oi
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options

this is so rude.
    there are a million reasons a person can put on pounds that have nothing to do with eating so much you want to burst. why even comment if you have nothing constructive to add, only to put down the poster and insinuate they are liars since they are on this site.
  • LeeMStephens
    Options
    Try a protein shake with gainer powder, 4 scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, 4 cups of non-fat milk, and two pieces of whole wheat toast. You can get close to 1000 calories just for breakfast if you try. I know this as I'm one of the few people who are trying to gain weight. I have to do 5-6 thousand a day some days, so believe me, I understand how hard it can be. But not from what you report. Just eat healthy three times a day, honestly enter what you eat. And for the LOVE OF GOD don't starve yourself. All you'll do is go into starvation mode, not lose weight, and what you do lose will be good muscle along with the bad fat. Take it SLOW, take it EASY, don't worry about what the scale says, worry about the mirror. If you stay the same weight and just trade fat for muscle, pound for pound, in a year you'll look great and not have lost a pound! Might not work for you, but damn it, EAT!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

this is so rude.
    there are a million reasons a person can put on pounds that have nothing to do with eating so much you want to burst. why even comment if you have nothing constructive to add, only to put down the poster and insinuate they are liars since they are on this site.

If she "can't eat" more than 750 calories in a day, even hypothyroid wouldn't cause weight gain.

It isn't rude to point out the obvious.
  • gaberieger
    Options
    Another one of these thread. /sigh

Step 1: Go to grocery store
    Step 2: Buy a bag or container of almonds
    Step 3: Eat them
    Step 4: Recalculate your total daily calories
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options