Can't seem to eat enough calories!

Options

Replies

• cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, veggies, yogurt, an apple with peanut butter. All make great snacks. :)

You should not have trouble meeting your calorie goals.
    [/quote]

Full fat yogurt won't leave you feeling stuffed and has plenty of calories. Sweet Potatos are great and avacado. That way your getting more calores but not from junk.
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    I guess I'm supposed to try to eat 1200 calories per day, but unless I throw in a lot of junk food.. I can't get there! I'm on the Body by Vi diet and so far, the most I've been able to eat (of healthy stuff) and including the Vi shakes is about 750 calories per day. I'm getting notices that I'm not eating enough and I won't lose weight without eating more. I don't want to be so stuffed that I'm miserable. Anyone have any ideas? And is it OK to NOT eat that much food in a day?

I just posted something about this yesterday.. i can only eat about 900. If i eat anymore I feel like i am over eating!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Get off the Body by Vi and eat real food. Seriously.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    any diet is bound to make you gain weight after it
    just eat healthy
    and stay clear of "diet", "low fat" and "low calorie" foods
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I guess I'm supposed to try to eat 1200 calories per day, but unless I throw in a lot of junk food.. I can't get there! I'm on the Body by Vi diet and so far, the most I've been able to eat (of healthy stuff) and including the Vi shakes is about 750 calories per day. I'm getting notices that I'm not eating enough and I won't lose weight without eating more. I don't want to be so stuffed that I'm miserable. Anyone have any ideas? And is it OK to NOT eat that much food in a day?

And you got overweight how?
    ^^^^ this is exactly what I always think when I read these posts.

edited to be less offensive to those who cannot eat 1200 calories a day :/
  • dr0ss
    dr0ss Posts: 1
    Options
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options

this is so rude.
    there are a million reasons a person can put on pounds that have nothing to do with eating so much you want to burst. why even comment if you have nothing constructive to add, only to put down the poster and insinuate they are liars since they are on this site.

If she "can't eat" more than 750 calories in a day, even hypothyroid wouldn't cause weight gain.

It isn't rude to point out the obvious.

No, I'm pretty sure it was rude. As someone who used to eat roughly 800 cals a day I was still over weight..and had pretty much always eaten that way. No idea how I got over weight, but I did. So, yes, it is possible.

To answer the question: If you are getting under 1200 cals a day then you can really damage your body and prolong any efforts of losing fat. Eat a balanced diet of complex carbs (fruits veggies whole grains) lean meats and natural nut butters with no or close to zero sugars. No processed foods (diet foods are highly processed, full of toxins, and full of JUNK and can actually cause weight gain). Just eat whole, clean foods and you will feel so much better.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    If you are talking about the Velocity Diet aka Body for V:

What the Velocity Diet Ensures
    Dr. Tim Ziegenfuss states that on the Velocity Diet 3.0, you will eat five times per day, separating each meal by three hours. Additionally, you must consume more than 1 g of protein for each pound of lean body mass. The diet also requires you to consume 1,380 to 1,850 calories per day, including healthy fats such as omega-3s and dietary fiber. Additionally, this diet requires an adequate intake of micronutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, through supplementation.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/503462-what-is-a-velocity-diet/#ixzz1tFdoG1IO
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When I first started 'dieting', I had a hard time eating enough calories, too. I think, though, that it was more psychological than anything. It is really tough to feel full on 750 calories. I agree with those who said to dump the diet and just start eating healthy. You are going to need to learn to change your habits if you want to maintain the loss, so you might as well start sooner rather than later.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be "stuffed" on 1200, your metabolism is shot! Your body has shifted over to conserve as much fuel as possible so important tissue that you need to survive doesn't break down. You've got to start eating more, even if you feel this full. Eventually your metabolism will repair itself and you can go on losing the same amount or more weight with more calories and a body that's getting what it needs.

A few suggestions:
    -Snack throughout the day instead of having several meals
    -Eat nuts like almonds to pack in healthy calories in small portions
    -Get calories in with healthy carbs like whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread
    -Drink milk with your meals
    -Gradually increase your portion sizes
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    Take a look at other people's Food Diary's to get some idea's :-)
    I wish I were more like you. I tried the body by vi shakes and I was 'down' all day. I thought they were supposed to be energizing. I certainly didn't feel like they were, I felt more tired.

I had a shake with PB & Banana for Breakfast. (don't remember)
    I nature valley PB bar for morning snack -230
    Same PB & Banana shake for lunch (don't remember)
    Apple & cheese slices for afternoon snack -120
    Large salad with 1 cup of chicken with dressing - 300ish
    2 pepperettes before bed. -160
    That was probably close to 1200-1300.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options

this is so rude.
    there are a million reasons a person can put on pounds that have nothing to do with eating so much you want to burst. why even comment if you have nothing constructive to add, only to put down the poster and insinuate they are liars since they are on this site.

If she "can't eat" more than 750 calories in a day, even hypothyroid wouldn't cause weight gain.

It isn't rude to point out the obvious.
    Fair enough, it's not rude. Myopic and smug, but we'll avoid the r-word.

In the off chance you actually want an answer, I'll give you one. I often have difficulty topping 1000 calories/day, yet I managed to get 90 pounds overweight. The reason is that I didn't get fat gorging myself (I actually dislike eating more than I enjoy it) but rather because I would eat extremely calorie-dense junk food (Doritos, fast food, and lots of alcohol). When I switched to a healthful diet of nutritious unprocessed foods, I continued eating with the same volume and frequency but the calorie count dropped dramatically.
  • ChadH1971
    Options
    You can eat carrot sticks and celery sticks throughout the day. Also, toast with jelly seems to help me. You have to at least meet your base metabolic requirement or your body will scavenge what sources it can. If you don't have a lot of fat stores, your body will stark breaking down muscle tissue. A lot of fad diets criticize carbs and drastically limit them. Carbs are fuel! If you are exercising (which everyone should, everyday), then you need that fuel just for body functions to take place. Without fuel, your body can't utilize the protein for building cells and tissues. Our bodies are assaulted everyday and while we rest and sleep, important processes take place to repair the damage. Food is essential. I agree with the comment about whole, natural foods. Seeds, nuts, dried fruits, fresh fruits, vegetables. You will feel full and maybe even bloated because natural foods will cause some gas. Over time, it will all balance out. Greek style yogurt and granola is a recommended snack from my trainer. How is your relationship with food? Do you see food as a necessary evil? Let me ask this way, how much weight do you want to lose? What is your goal weight and how tall are you? BMI is a reasonable index unless you have a lot of lean muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat, but muscle is what you want because muscle burns fat like a furnace. Are you having blood sugar problems with that limited intake? You might need to try using Ensure or some other nutritional shake.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? If not, START! If you are, Do more! Seriously, exercising can help your appetite so you can eat!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It's not that hard! Nuts, full fats cheeses, full fat dressing, protein shakes/bars, etc. There are plenty of ways you can add calories without eating junk.

I agree ^^^ Add peanut butter, avocado, fruits, whole grain bread, salmon, chicken
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Is this really a problem?

Or a solution?
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Yep

Oh I forgot I have a boobie picture up. Happy boobie Friday.

Thanks! I love boobie friday!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Put your food on a spoon or fork, then pretend it's an airplane your mouth is the airport. It's fun and it works with my kids.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options

or not. I'm on body by vi and i adore it. It's delicious and healthy. I have no problem reaching my calorie goals. You just need to eat high cal snacks like nuts or cottage cheese with berries for example, and since you have low cal intake from having two meals being the shakes you can have quite a few snacks and a decent sized supper! :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    It's really easy to eat thousands of calories a day when you're consusming junk food.

Once you make the swtich to healthier foods, you find that they can be much more filling but are not as calorie dense. I'm having the same issue =)

Try to up your calories by a little bit every day. Today I got in an extra 100 calories by eating a spoon of Reduced Fat peanut butter. I might add a little olive oil to my salad for lunch for a little extra calorie boost too. It'll all add up by the end of the day =)
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Throw some peanut butter in your shakes. Eat a bowl of ice cream. Have some cheese. Have a steak. Eat some rice. Or use whole milk in your shakes. Personally, I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Eat if you are hungry.