No more fast food...

2»

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    So i been doing MFP for about 2 weeks, and today i decided it was going to be my cheat day. I work out 5 times a week, and one cheat day a week. Well today i decided to get whataburger breakfast sandwitches for me and a co-worker....even though it was my cheat day i feel sick about the fact that i just consumed that many calories in one sitting.. 550 calories for one breakfast sandwitch.. thats more than three times my usual breakfast intake..

If you have the time, cook a fried egg and sausage patty and put it between a real english muffin. You might save a lot of sodium and cals that way. Every weekend before my workout, I have a fried egg, sausage and american cheese (no muffin).

Homemade is always lower in calories and sodium.

I just added up the ingredients and it turns out the same thing homemade would be 432 calories.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Just adjust the calories for the rest of the day. ie.. salad for lunch, a touch smaller dinner and workout a bit longer.

Solved.
    Yep. You're only talking about, what, 200 extra calories? Skip a snack or something.
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 145 Member
    My favorite breakfast is eggs -

I either have 2 eggs and 3 egg whites scrambled with veggies (about 200 calories but lots of protein) if I am going to work out.

Or I have 2 fried eggs in a tsp of butter with 2 tbs of salsa on top.

Otherwise I have a half a cup of oatmeal with hot water and fruit/almonds.
  • virg37
    virg37 Posts: 2
    Try Jimmy John's for fast food. They'll make any of their subs in a lettuce wrap. You can add or subtract things from it to adjust calories. Their Beach Club Unwich (which is what i've been having for lunch alot) is 384 calories and very filling. Hopefully, they have a Jimmy John's out there in the country!
    Good Luck!