instead of cream in your coffee....you use??

Options

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Oh mann i love black coffee!
    Also, soymilk
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    almond milk
  • samanthar83
    Options
    I really love to add half n half and sweetened evaporated milk. Believe it or not it packs less sugar and calories for me then what I needed to add when I was using sugar and French Vanilla (coffeemate) creamer.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I still use cream. I get the sugar free now though. I only drink a cup or two a day, so the fat content doesn't really effect me.

If I am having a coffee day sometimes I'll switch to almond milk to watch the fat. I'm more concerned with my sugar intake though.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    "I don't like the fat free half and half or the powders. I am actually on the fence about the soy and coconut milk creamers. They are good, but do have lots of ingredients"

I agree...I do want to do as healthy as possible (meaning as few ingredients as possible)
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This may have already posted..I like to use Silk Vanilla Almond Milk tons of calcium and other nutrients. I get the one that is unsweetened (35 or 40 calories per serving.) I have replaced milk entirely with Almond milk very yummy! My kids even like it!
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Plain or vanilla almond milk!!!
    It is the best tastes like a treat!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Plain or vanilla almond milk!!!
    It is the best tastes like a treat!

unsweetened?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Definitely try coconut milk.

However, I'm a big fan of "bulletproof" coffee using 3T of GF butter (Kerrygold) and 2T of MCT oil to two cups of coffee. (See bulletproofexec.com for more details.) It's an essential part of my 1,000+ calorie breakfast.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Definitely try coconut milk.

However, I'm a big fan of "bulletproof" coffee using 3T of GF butter (Kerrygold) and 2T of MCT oil to two cups of coffee. (Search bulletproofexec for more details.) It's an essential part of my 1,000+ calorie breakfast.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of vanilla bean protein powder or pre-made protein shake - it's like a high protein skinny vanilla lattee.

was drinking it black too - with a small tsp of full flavor coconut oil
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Non-fat milk in a frother. The frother look similar to a french press - runs on plain old elbow grease.
    I have a stovetop one and heat up the milk at the same time the espresso pot is on, but you can buy a microwave one, etc. :smile:
  • tianaclark
    tianaclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    try the french vanilla coconut milk creamer! so delicious and very creamy!!! and great for those of you who can't digest dairy that well! whole foods sells it and some krogers. yummmmmmmy! the brand name is called 'so delicious' i think.
  • margaretmillen
    Options
    i actually use sugar free vanilla syrup or sugar free hazelnut syrup (like the kind they use in latte's). no cream, but I like a little sweetness and 0 calories
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Soy creamer and a splash of sugar free flavor syrup, if I'm going to have more than one cup a day. Otherwise, I just use flavored creamer. I'll gladly do five minutes of jumping jacks for my coffee.
  • jazz0matic
    Options
    Orange peels! :D it gives the coffee such a nice taste. I keep my peels from breakfast in a strawberry basket in the fridge. It's fine if they dry out, the coffee will re hydrate them. To get even more kick, rip the peels above the cup and it will release the essential oils into the coffee (but not too small or you'll be chewing on the :P)
  • christina5991
    Options
    I have the same issue - I love Coffeemate French Vanilla or Hazelnut creamer and use about 8 Tbsp a day. I also like their Fat Free flavor creamers but we bought at Costco and they didn't have the fat free, only regular. I don't like the sugarfree ones - they leave an aftertaste.
    Is coconut milk or almond milk sweet?
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Plain almond milk with either suger free vanilla, chocolate, or hazelnut syrup (Torani is my favorite!).
    http://shop.torani.com/
    If I want it more creamy, I add 1 tbsp of sugar free whipped topping.
  • christina5991
    Options
    So this morning tried 1/2 cup Almond Milk with a tsp of Vanilla extract. Yuck! So I added 1 Tbsp of regular Hazelnut liquid creamer. That was bearable. I really look forward to my 2 big mugs of coffee each day so I'll need to experiment more.
    I saw someone mention coconut milk - is it sweet????
    I may just have to go with Bunneh - have my coffee & creamer and work a little harder exercising!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like mine black but I agree that almond milk is simply wonderful and I would add that if I ever feel like I need some sweetness and cream.