Should I become a Beachbody Coach?

Options

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been one for 32 months now and love it. I'm your average person with a family of 6 who has been able to do really well with it. I helped people for 8 or 9 months before I decided "heck if i'm refering these products already I might as well get the 25% commission. I give honest truth about what it takes to become successful in my youtube channel at 20hobbsie. We take the "help people no matter what approach" and I would say only 1 in 10 people that we support buys a product. It has replaced our full-time jobs 10X. Its not easy but it's very rewarding if you do it the right way.
    Nice work in of a commercial while answering the question, very beach bodyish.......OP, do your homework with an open mind.

EXACTLY what I was going to say. See- is this what you want to become??? !!!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Why don't you be a personal trainer on the side? Help people lose weight and make money without paying BB.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Why don't you be a personal trainer on the side? Help people lose weight and make money without paying BB.

Because that takes studying and getting REAL qualifications- being a BB coach doesn't need you to do any of that- just fork out money and somehow this makes you think you're in a position to advise others.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Vote is for No
  • cuyunamike
    cuyunamike Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes if you want friends and relatives to avoid your Facebook wall at all costs. MLM's are so tacky and laughable. I won't even go into a Barnes and Noble because of all the weirdos that hang around the diet & business sections trying to recruit more suckers.
  • strongandbuff
    Options
    Deerwoodmike...I'm not a BB coach or affiliated with any MLM, but not all MLMs are tacky. Look at companies like Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Mary Kay. None of them are tacky and not all do nothing but recruit. Admittedly there are some reps affiliated with some MLMs out there that are themselves tacky, but to say they are as a whole is a misconception.

Honestly some of the best products I've purchased are from a MLM company. Heck, my mother still uses the same Tupperware that she purchased at least 20 years ago.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Deerwoodmike...I'm not a BB coach or affiliated with any MLM, but not all MLMs are tacky. Look at companies like Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Mary Kay. None of them are tacky and not all do nothing but recruit. Admittedly there are some reps affiliated with some MLMs out there that are themselves tacky, but to say they are as a whole is a misconception.

Honestly some of the best products I've purchased are from a MLM company. Heck, my mother still uses the same Tupperware that she purchased at least 20 years ago.

I think things were different 20 years ago. Going to a tupperware party was a social event and allowed you to buy things you couldn't get locally. Now, we can buy things directly from the manufacturer from the internet where we don't have to pay for multiple people to get cuts. Saying that, I DO like and buy BB DVDs but would probably buy more if three were less links in the chain and they were cheaper.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understood what I meant. Can't you train folks without being certified? Can a person still be called a personal trainer without being certified? Can a person be called a coach without a B.A. in physical fitness? Example, there are a ton of folks who lost weight and have helped other folks lose weight without being certified. I would assume that most BB coaches don't have a B.A. in physical fitness. Here's another example, Diva Slims Down lost a lot of weight and is helping other folks lose wight. Another example, a neighbor, co-worker or family member can help you lose weight without being a certified personal trainer.

Because that takes studying and getting REAL qualifications- being a BB coach doesn't need you to do any of that- just fork out money and somehow this makes you think you're in a position to advise others.
  • ada284
    ada284 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting topic. I actually joined a networking company recently in the UK (not Beachbody as we don't have that here) and I do like the concept of how it works. It's good to read both sides of the argument as it looks like there are people who absolutely hate Network Marketing perhaps due to their previous experiences with it and people who love it. The question was posted about two years ago so the individual's probably made their decision to join or not join. I think we all need to do what's best for us. I do have a job and work my networking business part-time, but I can't even begin to tell you how heartbreaking it is for me to stick my toddler in nursery full time and not really see and spend time with him until the weekend. That was my own reason for joining my networking company ... to be able to earn from home and spend valuable time with my family. The industry isn't bad (or all bad I should say)... as with any profession, any person who joins has to develop the right skills to work it as a professional and not alienate their friends and family. :smile:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Not if you want to keep your friends
  • CariMugz
    CariMugz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To bad those friends don't pay your bills :) and it beats the whole "job" pyramid scheme where your boss is at the top of the pyramid and you are at the bottom working your tail off... unless you have a cool boss then good for you. I kinda like helping others reach their goals and feel good about themselves. It's not for everyone and just like everything there is good and bad and as you can see here everyone has their opinion. I coach, I make money, I like it, and I have friends.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Yes if you want friends and relatives to avoid your Facebook wall at all costs. MLM's are so tacky and laughable. I won't even go into a Barnes and Noble because of all the weirdos that hang around the diet & business sections trying to recruit more suckers.

I agree with the above...if you want people you know to avoid you. Then yes.
    If you want to post it here in the forums, be prepared to get warnings and strikes because you cannot sell it here either. (Not saying you would, just giving you a heads up).
    So who does that leave you to sell it to?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It's Amway for fitness people. If you are REALLY interested in a career in fitness, get educated and get certified by an actual health related organization.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I just heard the topic of making money in an MLM business on the Dave Ramsey show last week. Link below if you're interested in reading:

http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/guide-joining-multilevel-marketing-company
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    It's Amway for fitness people. If you are REALLY interested in a career in fitness, get educated and get certified by an actual health related organization.
    This. And as a "part time" trainer (about 18 hours a week), I make a little over $2000 a month. And I don't have to buy any products and have free gym membership to boot. I love my job.
    At my center, we have a few trainers that make over $6,000 a month( $72,000 a year). They work 8 hour days like others, so it's totally doable if you like fitness that much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    One of my friends recently became a Beachbody coach and ever since then, ALL I hear about is Shakeology, Insanity, and Turbo Fire. Her facebook is constantly filled with posts about healthy food, working out, and... you guessed it... Shakeology. They try to sell it to anyone and everyone. I think they also get something special for recruiting new coaches, because she's always sending me videos and information on becoming one (which I'm not interesting in doing). I think it's awesome that Jenelle has made so much money on it, but I don't think the average person would even come close to having that level of success. If you want to give it a shot, go for it, but I personally wouldn't.

Likewise. I have a friend who does this and another one who is selling "detox" wraps. This seems pyramid-y to me.
  • OnTheGround
    OnTheGround Posts: 78
    Options
    No.

IMHO it's tacky to use your friends to sell to in this manner.

And I think it's SUPER shady and deceptive to call these folks "coaches" as if they have some sort of professional coaching designation.

As others have mentioned, I hate seeing FB feeds filled with "Buy this from meeeee!" and it seems like LOTS AND LOTS of folks are doing it lately............there's no room for real money making at this level, it doesn't seem like.

And, coachpryor.....I work for a non-profit. I work for a paycheck and don't sell a thing! ;)
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Excellent reply :)
  • CariMugz
    CariMugz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this link to Dave. It is exactly accurate. It's not easy and it's not for everyone, and not everyone is "that guy" if you have a good heart and want to actually help others then it's a great thing.
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'd also vote no. Maybe do it part time, on the side, if you really feel that passionate about it, but I would not rely on it to compensate for a full time salary.

Years ago I sold Scentsy and seriously you'll just annoy yourself with how much you talk about the products and try to convince people to buy them.

I used Shakeology for a while and then started testing out other meal replacement powders. I've been using a different brand called Amazing Grass, getting the same results, and paying $80 less a month for it. This is also why I say no, eventually people won't be able to afford the product and look elsewhere anyway. It's a tough sell to people who have done their homework and are concerned about their budget.