Just finished C25K. Now what???

Options
I finished C25K this morning! I'd like to improve my time before going on to Bridge to 10K. Can anyone recommend any iPod/iPhone apps???

Now to figure out how I'm going to celebrate. :happy:

Replies

• 2sweetnsugarland
    2sweetnsugarland Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Impressive!!! My sister and I just started this program yesterday! Does it really work??? We were surprised at how easy it was to jog for the 20 seconds since we've never ran a day in our lives!!:laugh: BTW: can you recommend a good sports bra? I'm a 36D and my "girls" were bouncing all over the place!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I don't have an app to recommend but I wanted to say congratulations!!! I'm set to do Week 8 Day 2 tomorrow and c25k is totally amazing! Great job completing it!!!
  • Aj722
    Aj722 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd look at Underarmor sports bras. Just got one and I think it's one of the best i've ever had. They color code them based on size and support needed. Worth the $50, I think.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yes, C25K works! :) When I first started, I said to myself "jogging for 30 minutes straight? No way I'll be able to do it." Took some time and patience, but I did it! :)

As for bras, I've heard great things about Enell and Lululemon. Pricey (which is why I haven't bought one of them yet), but supposed to be really good.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Just keep on running is what I would suggest.

I finished it on January 1. I was going to do a bridge to 10K or some other program but instead I just kept on adding more distance. I'm still running three times a week. I do a long run on Sunday morning, a shorter faster run (5k or so) on Thursdays and usually about 5 or so miles on Tuesdays. My last long run was 9 miles.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    You're a runner now, congratulations.
    My wife has re-visited the start of the program, but substituting jogging for walking, and sprinting for running.
    I am just trying to stay on it, and pushing my time faster and distance further, and preparing for my first race.
    I have no plans at this time to purchase a sports bra, because I'm a, you know, guy...
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'd say just run for endurance, so why not start th B210k program now? Otherwise, if you really want, I'd do the C25k again, only run faster for the running intervals.

Congrats! I've done both programs!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Just keep on running is what I would suggest.

I finished it on January 1. I was going to do a bridge to 10K or some other program but instead I just kept on adding more distance. I'm still running three times a week.

^^^ This.

When I finished the C25K (now 4 years ago) I started doing the OHR program (one hour runner). I failed at following the program so just started adding time/distance to my long runs. I started with time, then signed up for a 10K race so it became increasing my distance on Saturday/Sunday by 1/2 mile from the week before.

I've now run 2 1/2 marathons.

As for the app, I use RunKeeper to track my distance, it sends me emails about new milestones, and it allows me to play my own music/playlist (I have an iPhone). I can program the "workout" for interval running when I want to know when to walk/run. Can't speak highly enough about the app.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    BTW: can you recommend a good sports bra? I'm a 36D and my "girls" were bouncing all over the place!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I run in Moving Comfort. Worth every penny.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS!!

I use the Zombies, Run! app ... which tells a story while you're running mixed with music -- it's very distracting, so I find that I run faster/longer than I do without using it. You can enable chases, so you have to speed up when a zombie is chasing you ... pretty fun :bigsmile:
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Impressive!!! My sister and I just started this program yesterday! Does it really work??? We were surprised at how easy it was to jog for the 20 seconds since we've never ran a day in our lives!!:laugh: BTW: can you recommend a good sports bra? I'm a 36D and my "girls" were bouncing all over the place!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a 36DD and I just get my sports bras at Walmart (mid price range) and then I wear a sports tank top with a built in bra for extra support. It works pretty well for me :)
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Gah, double post!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the C25K!! I just did week one, workout two yesterday... not sure how I am going to handle week two :S
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Welcome to the club!!

I completed C25K last December, my personal best was 40 minutes then. Now it is... *points towards picture*

Worth attempting to get your time below 25 minutes or less. That's what I am going for now while simultaneously also increasing my mileage (my personal best is still a 8k of continuous run - my legs were jelly then!)
    Also looking for more running buddies, so add me if you like :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! I'm on week 3 and have already done one 5k (walked a good part of it) I planned to use c25k again, just running and running faster for the intervals, I'm already working to bump up my speed a little though, was at 5mph and bumped it to 5.2 with no trouble going to shoot for 5.5 on at least one or two intervals tomorrow :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

I use the Zombies, Run! app ... which tells a story while you're running mixed with music -- it's very distracting, so I find that I run faster/longer than I do without using it. You can enable chases, so you have to speed up when a zombie is chasing you ... pretty fun :bigsmile:

OMG I must have this app!!!!!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing! I'm on Week 7 Day 3, almost there! I plan on working on improving my time after I finish the program:bigsmile: Then when I'm happy with that I'll move on to the 10k program. As for a sports bra...I can't help you, as I barely have any boobs anymore and don't wear a bra, just my workout top:cry:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

OMG I must have this app!!!!!

I was going to suggest that app too. I have it, but haven't tried it just yet. Still working on C25K.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Oh, for bras, I have Nike Dri-Fit Compression bras. ZERO jiggle. I'm a 38E.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I've really found that focusing on endurance for me was the key....speed will just happen the more you run. I would just go ahead start that 10k program while you've got the momentum. Congratulations!