Just finished C25K. Now what???

Options
2»

Replies

• Momof4inMaine
    Options
    I am on week one day 3 will be tomorrow and I love it!!! First time I have ever looked forward to workout day!!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yes, C25K works! :) When I first started, I said to myself "jogging for 30 minutes straight? No way I'll be able to do it." Took some time and patience, but I did it! :)

As for bras, I've heard great things about Enell and Lululemon. Pricey (which is why I haven't bought one of them yet), but supposed to be really good.

I just finished c25k too! I have a 5k tomorrow and next saturday :) I'mgoing to work on time and slowly add distance i think.

As for bras-I have 3 "fiona' from MOving Comfort...they're AWESOME..and you can get them 30-40$ on amazon. (I have 40 DD and they hardly move in them)
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS!!

I use the Zombies, Run! app ... which tells a story while you're running mixed with music -- it's very distracting, so I find that I run faster/longer than I do without using it. You can enable chases, so you have to speed up when a zombie is chasing you ... pretty fun :bigsmile:

OMG I must have this app!!!!!

I was going to suggest that app too. I have it, but haven't tried it just yet. Still working on C25K.

I so want that app!!! :happy:
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm on week 3 day one today, it's going to be a little different because it's pouring rain outside so I'll have to do it on a treadmill.
  • dharr264
    Options
    Champion makes an awesome underwire sportsbra. Probably have to go to ****s or some other large retailer for it. I Just got an Under Armour underwire too. Not sure yet, but so far I like it. 38D
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS!!

I use the Zombies, Run! app ... which tells a story while you're running mixed with music -- it's very distracting, so I find that I run faster/longer than I do without using it. You can enable chases, so you have to speed up when a zombie is chasing you ... pretty fun :bigsmile:

OMG I must have this app!!!!!

I was going to suggest that app too. I have it, but haven't tried it just yet. Still working on C25K.

I so want that app!!! :happy:

Psst ... there's a Zombies, Run 5K training app, too. No chases, but it does give you part of the story line you don't get in the main app. I finished it a couple of weeks ago and have moved on to the main app.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Once I was able to run the 30 minutes straight, I picked out some 5km routes in my area and ran them regularly. I kept an eye on the time and saw some nice gradual improvement in my speed.
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like Nike+ running, you can do programs to improve your times etc., plus it updates you while running via your headphones about your average pace, so you can adjust accordingly. I also used C25K to start running :)
  • parker313_99
    parker313_99 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There are 2 ways to improve your 5K time, and both help. Run further and run faster.

Further - push your distance until you can comfortably run 4 or even 5 miles. 3 will seem easier.

Faster - Re-do C25K focusing on speed rather than just completing the time. Esp the first few weeks, you can almost run them like sprint intervals.

RunDouble has a 5K Improver program, but I think they are Android only.

Oh, looks like they are in iTunes now as well. It's a pay app but it's not much and is worth every penny. I used RunDouble to do the 5K, Improver and 10K. Love it.
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    There are 5k to 10k apps out there
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I really hope that poster from 2 years ago found a decent sports bra by now.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You're a runner now, congratulations.
    My wife has re-visited the start of the program, but substituting jogging for walking, and sprinting for running.
    I am just trying to stay on it, and pushing my time faster and distance further, and preparing for my first race.
    I have no plans at this time to purchase a sports bra, because I'm a, you know, guy...

This, although I may not sprint for a full 60secs, I went back and done the first few weeks again, slow running for the walk (except the 5min warm up) and then pushing for a faster pace for the jogging periods, starts to get you ready for when you decide tempo runs/strides are a good idea!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I haven't done C25K, but I do run and I wear a 34-36DDD. I swear by this bra:

http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/women/sports-bras/view-all-sports-bras-85069--1/champion-all-out-support-full-figure-wireless-sports-bra-c1000

It's expensive, but you can usually find it on sale for @$35.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I really hope that poster from 2 years ago found a decent sports bra by now.

dammit!!! Zombie thread!!! :grumble: