Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    depends on the type, but instead of going faster i find it a great burn to increase the resistance.

This is what I would suggest. I do the eliptical every day for an hour in a half and keep it at resistance 5-10 (somewhere in between there depending upon how I feel). When I have the resistance at one it feels a little weird, mainly because I tend to move faster than it wants to go and then it gets awkward. Deff give increasing the resistance a try. It's great for the working the legs (I don't feel it as much in the arms)

(I'm required as a teacher to tell you that there are no such things as "stupid questions" lol for the most part)
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My toes always go to sleep when I get on that thing! I run on the treadmill instead... :-)

Mine did too! But then I was told that you should go backwards for a while in between to keep that from happening. So I go forward for a while, backward for a while, then forward for a while again.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Keep trying it's not easy at 1st but once you figure it out you will be able to stand taller and push with yours heels and roll forward slightly to your toes..it takes awhile but it's worth it because every muscle in you legs and mid section are on fire and it gets your arms a good workout too!!
    Another vote here. You'll get the hang of it. Most of my lost weight is puddled around my elliptical.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How the heck do you use an elliptical?!

I was on it yesterday at the gym, and my knees were bent the whole time... Is that normal?? It felt really weird...

I think some people just aren't made to use one. My husband can't. I suppose if he really tried he could learn to, but when he got on mine it was hilarious. I honestly thought he was just being funny, but he really couldn't do it correctly. And he's not uncoordinated, he used to play high school and college sports. But he looked crazy trying to use it. I, on the other hand, never had any problem. It seemed perfectly natural to me. :ohwell:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have one at home. I use it to hang wet shirts on to dry.

LOL me too
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Keep trying it's not easy at 1st but once you figure it out you will be able to stand taller and push with yours heels and roll forward slightly to your toes..it takes awhile but it's worth it because every muscle in you legs and mid section are on fire and it gets your arms a good workout too!!

^^^^ This listen to her, she is smart!

i agree it is weird at first and hurts but after a little while its wonderful i love mine and it is a wonderful workout
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The elliptical kills my knees. Go play on the Arc Trainer. That thing rocks! :bigsmile: