3 Months of CrossFit (with comparison pics)

Options
AggieCass09
AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
When I took my monthly progress pictures and measurements, I noted three things:

1. I'm bikini ready 50 days before I have to be for the Cayman Islands!

2. I'm super happy about the cellulite vanishing from my *kitten*. Perhaps, this should be #1. I've always just accepted the fact that I would have cellulite---Nope, not any more! *Edit: I deleated the pictures demonstrating this on accident and will need to update them later*

3. The lifting-high compares to NOTHING, not even the runner's high!

4. Abs are made in the kitchen...for real!

5. I've finally (really) convinced myself that the scale is a ****ty indicator of success.

Now to back up those points...
2012-04-26192307.jpg
39e53db0.jpg

The top picture is my 3 Month CrossFit Progress Picture (April 2012, 157 lbs, 19% BF, Paleo, CrossFit). As a point of comparision, the other two photos are from December and May of last year when I was following various methods. The photo on the right is my "before" CrossFit picture which was my "after" NROLFW picture. On the left is a picture of me last May at my lowest adult weight (4 lbs lighter than I am today), this is the one that proves the scale is a ****ty indicator of success---look how squishy I was ("skinny fat" defined!)!!!

And now for the stats between CrossFit Day 1 and CrossFit Day 90:

Lifts

Deadlift 95# 135# (+40)

Squat 95# 140# (+45)

Push Press 45# 105# (+60)

Hang Clean 20# (KB) 85# (+65)

Sled Push 70 105 (+35)

Weight & Inches (CrossFit Day 1 and CrossFit Day 90)

Weight 168 157 (-11 lbs*<-- as a reference I lost ZERO lbs in all of 2011!!!!)

Body Fat 22% 19% (-4%)

Pants Size 8 4 (- 4 sizes)

Right Leg 25.75 24.5 (-1.25)

Hip 41.0 36.75 (-1.25)

Waist 28.25 26.75 (-1.5)

Bust 32.75 32.75 (No change...yes!!!)

Right Arm 11.5 11.0 (-0.5)

Neck 12.0 11.75 (-0.25)

Wrist 5.75 5.75 (No change, but I have arm veins now!!!)

Total Inches Lost -4.75 inches*

A note on the weight and inches lost, I 100% believe the fact that I lost weight, dropped body fat, acquired arm veins, and have visible abs all of the time is attributed to my diet. CrossFit has increased my strength tremendously, but my diet is what has helped me look so trim! In all of 2011 when I was a running vegetarian and then a light lifting vegetarian, I lost ZERO pounds. NOT ONE! I actually gained about 15 lbs during the year. But as soon as I switched my diet I instantly felt better (amazing, really) and the pounds started falling off. A month later, I started CrossFit and those results just compounded! I can't wait to see what I look like in the Caymans with 50 more days of training and healthy eating...

Note, I have my body fat measured every month before working out using calipers. The actual percentage may not be 100% accurate, but I'm confident the trends are. Using online calculators, my body fat is generally lower--but I don't trust these methods as much.

Replies

• Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes woman! You are ready for the Cayman's for sure!! Awesome transformation and what an inspiration! Way to go! Thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You are killing it girl! Awesome progress and impressive numbers. Must feel great! Cheers to your success and thanks for posting! :drinker:
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Excellent progress!!! Love your dramatic progress pics
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That's great progress!! Crossfit definitely gave me a good base, and the tools necessary to keep lifting on my own. I would have never thought to do hang cleans, deadlifts, and jerks without it.
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! i too am a crossfit convert!! I do the 6 times a week and love it!!! how often have you been training?? love your results and i definitely know what you mean about the lifting high!!! soo good
  • GurvD
    GurvD Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well done. I hope it is okay to ask. How did you loose the celulite?
  • Marvalm3
    Marvalm3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, how many times a week do you go? My fiance just started CrossFit a couple weeks ago. He is going twice a week, and anxious for results!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    wtg loving it!!!
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome!
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    AWESOME progress girly! :) You look GREAT! :)

I started Crossfit back in Feb of this year, I was going 3 days a week(they only offer the 5:15am class time M/W/F). I'm HOOKED on Crossfit, I wil NEVER go back to another gym again. I would like to go 5 days a week eventually.......I just had surgery 2 weeks ago, the dr says that I have to wait 6 weeks before I can start working out again.....boy I can't wait!

How many days a week did you go? Did you perform any other cardio or weights during the 3 months?

Keep up the great work!
  • madmax0412
    Options
    KUDOS! You look GREAT! And I totally see a clear difference between each photo.

I hear so many great things about CrossFit. I was glued to the tv when ESPN had a marathon run of a CrossFit national competition. I was astounded at the level of physical fitness of the athletes. Definitely something I will be doing in the future.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! incredible muscles! thank you also for the detailed post. i'm doing nroflw, too so this is very inspirational
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cool.. I love crossfit!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    awesome results....i am interested in crossfit as well...wonderful job
  • emlovestorun
    Options
    This is super awesome! I start CrossFit on Monday and am way excited. I, too, am a runner and vegetarian. Do you still run and are you still a vegetarian? I have had the same problem working out and staying vegetarian with no weight loss.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WOW! I need to gain more muscle!! So crossfit seems to do this huh? Very inspirational!!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!:flowerforyou:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I also want to say CrossFit isn't the end all be all solution, but it has worked for me and tons of my friends. Also, eating is 80% of the battle and my diet has significantly improved from my vegetarian ways consisting of lean cushiness "healthy" whole grains, and lots of faux meat products.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!